Official For Sale/Trade/WTB/Free Thread

matzell

Due to life going a different way than we’d like I am considering selling the 4Runner. Frame is clean but it needs an engine due to rod knock. Has the 3.0 and auto trans. Tires are jacked, body isn’t gorgeous and interior needs work but for a beater truck it wouldn’t be awful. I hate to scrap it. Market is all over the place from what I understand so I’ll start at asking $750? Again just seeing if there’s really any interest in the group before I try CL or FBMP, and I’m not sure I’m going to sell it but want to consider all options. I have the title signed over to me and I signed it when I bought it but haven’t registered it yet due to motor problem. Anyone?
pics would help

D21FJ60

Daydreaming

1994 4Runner project sorry rule #1 isn’t it? Again I’m just testing the waters and not entire sure I’ll be selling. Have some things happening In the next month or so that will dictate if I have to sell or not..

Last edited:

bkfj40

Wydaho bound
SILVER Star

See the main post with prices at

Selling some parts off an f engine

F head
Non-us distributor with pertronix ignition
Valve cover
Fuel pump
Intake and exhaust manifold
Oil filter bypass
Crank nut and pulley
Tall Thermostat housing (sold)
Alternator (no pulley)

All shipped from 22802
View attachment 2141239
View attachment 2141242

Last edited:

afgman786

SILVER Star

would this be worth an investment?

matzell

would this be worth an investment?
If you are looking for something similar, I have a 1982 FJ40, H55, factory PS, brand new 31" BFG's, that I have thought about selling. PM if interested. This is the Brown one I had at Coal Miners this summer.

Rob

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star

Jakes40

IH8MUD Poser
SILVER Star

You will definitely need a garage and a lot of elbow grease!
It definitely needs work but for $9,000 your not going to get a much better FJ40 these days. That is if it runs and drives ok. It just needs some sheet metal work.

shmukster

Well a Jim C (TLC Performance) rebuild is about a two year wait and well worth every penny it costs. My 40 has a Jim C hi-po rebuild that was done in 2006 and it runs great. For the price of that truck my opinion is it's a really decent deal, lotsa good stuff done and the ad says it's a basically turn key truck waiting for rust repair (or just drive it).

1MOA

SILVER Star
Well a Jim C (TLC Performance) rebuild is about a two year wait and well worth every penny it costs. My 40 has a Jim C hi-po rebuild that was done in 2006 and it runs great. For the price of that truck my opinion is it's a really decent deal, lotsa good stuff done and the ad says it's a basically turn key truck waiting for rust repair (or just drive it).
It’s a 2 year wait for his carbs? Damn.

fjdemon

To be honest I didn't read the description and I was just being a smart ass! haha. It does have a lot of work (probably wasn't the best base unit to start restoring in my honest opinion). I personally hate when someone does an engine rebuild/swap and doesn't clean up everything. I guess it doesn't change the function, but man just clean it up!

Sidenote: I've been thinking about thinning the heard. I'd have to see what I have in my FJ40 that I shipped back from California, but I would be super fair and not try to make a penny if I sold it to someone I knew. With that being said I think I have around $12k in it so when the time comes......if it comes... I will let everyone know.

slowpok3

SILVER Star
Rehabilitating the rear OEM bumper on my trusty rusty 2002 LX. Hoping someone has some parts laying around from a cool bumper install that they want to sell.

Looking for the bumper cover reinforcement 52309-60010, and Lower Reinforcement, 52171-60010, and the side brackets. (Parts 4, 5, and 2 below)

Thanks!

bumper.jpg

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star

Anyone looking for some 17x9 aluminum rims? My Pro Comp beadlocks came in, so I am going to have a set for sale soon. 3/5 are in very good to excellent shape and 2 have various levels of cosmetic damage. They are structurally 10/10 just a bit of rock rash on the outer edge. One is cosmetically a 7/10 and the other a 5/10.

Top Bottom