Off-road capability - Locked 80 Series vs. LX570? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for all the thoughtful posts, fellas. In answer to the last question, yes, I often have my family (wife and 2 teenage boys) with me on the trail. The 80 is very tight inside with all of us, and fridge in back, recovery gear, etc. I'm convinced that I want to buy an LX. I've test driven a few and I love it. What I'm really torn about is selling the 80. It's just magical to me. *sigh* I could probably afford to keep both, but I really don't have the space to keep the 80. We'll see.
Thanks for all your post, guys. I plan to get the 200 and put 33's or 34's on it, some Slee sliders, and a hidden winch, and see what kind of trouble I can get into with that setup. If I feel that I need more capability, I'll probably get a rear locker.
Thanks, again, for all your feedback.
If you sell the 80 you will regret it. Not saying that should stop you, just stating a fact. I have regretted every cruiser I've sold, even the ones that were being reclaimed by the earth by rust. The sting weakens with the passage of time, but if you can keep both, I would do it. If you need to sell your well-sorted 80 to make the move happen, PM me :flipoff2:

Thanks for all your post, guys. I plan to get the 200 and put 33's or 34's on it, some Slee sliders, and a hidden winch, and see what kind of trouble I can get into with that setup. If I feel that I need more capability, I'll probably get a rear locker.
Thanks, again, for all your feedback.

I think that's a great plan. I'm usually more conservative than most as I don't like having unbalanced builds that compromise one thing over another. Having been through incremental builds from 33s to 35s in the infancy of this platform, there's no need to be conservative. Like all cruisers, it's got strong bones. Perhaps the strongest of the lineage.

IMO, go straight to big 34s and 35s. On the LX, it couldn't be easier and she wears them well. It doesn't need a locker perhaps but IMO, the addition of a rear locker is huge from an enjoyability standpoint. Let ATRAC handle the front lockup, as it works really well with the rear locker, and its quick and fast to respond.

I'm with @grinchy that built like this, there's won't be any need to make excuses for her. She will wheel. And haul. And do whatever you want. As capable as she is, it won't ease the sting of nostalgia but that's another problem completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom