OEM 100 Series Hand Throttle -- Available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Akella

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello IFS folks,

Some of you may have seen or already in a crazy 180+ people group buy for OEM 80 series Hand Throttle. I was surprised when I found out that 99% of 100 series came without this nice feature in the whole world.

However, after few hours of digging EPC I found that there was a HZJ105 (Siberian Version) which had OEM Hand Throttle and I can get all the required parts for OEM Hand Throttle install in 100 series.

Before going any further I need to find out what kind of accelerator pedal most of you have as there appear 2 types and only 1 may work. Also I need 1-2 Guinea Pigs to whom I will offer discount 40% to try fitment as I don’t have access to 100 series near me.

Right now it seems the non discount price will be $110 shipped and it will include:

Bracket
Cable
KNOB
Clamp
NUT
Retainer

Here is 2 deferent accelerator pedal 100 series may have in USA.

1st one. Regular accelerator pedal with cable going to throttle body. This pedal should work for hand throttle.
USA100seriespedal.jpg

2nd one. It is wire driven pedal. So it wont work. What year it started to appear on LC 100?
100pedal2.jpg

Here is HZJ105 Pedal which looks the same to USA 100 series non electric pedal.
105pedal.jpg

This is the diagram for 105 hand throttle. It seem that if to get Cable and Bracket it should fit into USA 100 series non electric pedal.
105handthrottlediagram.jpg

This is the OEM Hand Throttle installed in HZJ105. However you wont have special hole to install it like 105 or 80 has.
HZJ105-RUS.jpg

You will have to install like this or get new lower bezel (I can get it but it will be expensive to ship across the pond as it is bulky and awkward shape)
hzj105_hand_throttle_knob.jpg

Let me know if anybody wants to try it. There will be VERY limited Supply; nothing like for 80 series:flipoff2:.

:cheers:

Last edited:
My 2001 is definitely cable operated. I took a couple pics.

This is lower portion:
image-4292916443.jpg

This is up higher where the cable goes through the firewall:
image-2269270036.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD
image-4292916443.jpg
image-2269270036.jpg

I know the older rigs use these and I believe Spresso installed one in his rig for winching.... but why would I want one of these? I need edumication...

Winching, heating water, cooking burritos, impressing your friends, ect.

also crawling trail... takes your foot off the peddle so that you dont get any surging from your foot bouncing up and down on the skinny peddle over rough terrain. not that you would always use it, but i like options!

Also, it’s cool to be able to put your 100 in 4 low, first gear, set the throttle to two miles per hour, and then get outside and walk behind it with your hands in front of you and a constipated look on your face while you tell your friends you are "using the force" to drive.

NOW im getting one.

Lol, it's great for ghostridin' too!

98-02 US model years have the cable. Please put me down as very interested in the hand throttle and mildly interested in the panel, depending on cost.

Lol, it's great for ghostridin' too!

98-02 US model years have the cable. Please put me down as very interested in the hand throttle and mildly interested in the panel, depending on cost.

Ready to sell the '05 and buy an '02 to get this feature. We were just talking about how nice it would be this weekend on some of the slower trails. It's off-road cruise control.

also crawling trail... takes your foot off the peddle so that you dont get any surging from your foot bouncing up and down on the skinny peddle over rough terrain. not that you would always use it, but i like options!

Also, it’s cool to be able to put your 100 in 4 low, first gear, set the throttle to two miles per hour, and then get outside and walk behind it with your hands in front of you and a constipated look on your face while you tell your friends you are "using the force" to drive.

Ready to sell the '05 and buy an '02 to get this feature. We were just talking about how nice it would be this weekend on some of the slower trails. It's off-road cruise control.

WOW WOW WOW Guys...that is wrong way to use it.:bang: I know some of you are joking, but i want to bring to every bodies attention that this is only to use while your Landcruiser is in park or neutral. SAFETY FIRST Most common use is for winching to increase rpm for alternator to produce full output and NOT like a cruise control.

If some of you want to try to get the required parts just pm me and i will give you payment instructions. Otherwise you guys can wait until next week when fist ordered set will show up.

Or maybe even go a little older to fuller utilize this feature...

Walking the Crawler up the famous Cadillac Rock, Rubicon Trail - YouTube

That is just hilarious.:beer:

I did the same to my 60, works great. I bypassed the OEM parts and used a 1/4 turn locking choke cable from NAPA.

Wish it would work for the 06:frown: I had one on my 80 with a York...this is a must do! Toyota no longer carries this part.

No on DT Headers,
No Hand throttle
No wire adapter harness for stereo swap

per Mxndrnks I do have a hand throttle rigged up atop the engine...and I use it plenty: For the spressoAIR OBAv2; dialing in the amps for welding with the Mobi-Arc OBW; faster heat ups of shower water with the Helton HE; and for higher rpms for longer winch outs...

It would be nice to have it in the cabin! Here's your answer hoser!

I've made/used a hand throttle for driving off road - but a very different style... mounted a bike lever on the shifter (manual - zero need on auto) so that your right/shifting hand has throttle control... freeing up your right foot for braking. Made it easy to hang on a rock and move forward with rolling back

Again, very different than the dash mounted unit - for winching, welding etc.

I would like one of these. I have a 99'

I will look and see what my pedal looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom