ntsaint's FJ40 search and build (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I may or may not have just gone on a 10 mile freezing ass cold ride...the power steering...its awesome.

Headed to J-town next week.

IMG_9756.JPG
IMG_9757.JPG

Thats great looking. It's great to have a clean slate to work on. I wish I had blasted the underside of the Pig before I started working on it. It is a flaking nasty beast like Patina was.

Soft top frame and bows ordered today. Already have the tailgate.

Waffling on the soft top color. Truck is Dune Beige... Marshall @ Trollhole says to go black or sandlewood...

Anybody got any thoughts? She will be garaged when not being driven.

PVC copy.jpg

If it had come from Toyota with a soft top it would have been white I do believe. My 74 FST was dune beige with white top. Sandlewood would look good tho.

man, i just can't do white. Imagine how nasty that would stay in the south...

I think i may get a sample of the sandlewood color. But leaning black i think.

FST 40.jpg

Yeah this one is kinda dirty.

Sandelwood over black.

Had several white-top cars. It's really not nearly as difficult to keep clean as you might think (in fact, it's no problem to keep it completely clean). That being said, I'm sort of like Nolen: I would have definitely said black, until I saw the sandlewood color Bodean posted.....now, I'd definitely choose the sandlewood. It's different, but looks "right" on a 40.

Having had a black soft top on a XXXX, dirt and mud is hard to clean off and keep it looking good. that sandlewood is probably more forgiving and looks better IMO

Looks like Sandlewood for the win! That'll be $20 sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom