ntsaint's FJ40 search and build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cleaned everything up, new gaskets and seals on the speedo housing.

image.jpeg

Got the parking brake backing plate on, but stopped there. Everything I read says if there is a groove of any kind on the brake drum spindle (?) then it will leak. I have a deep groove where my finger is. $30 to not have to mess with this again seems worth it. Waiting again...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Few questions:

Are your fenders black because they are from CCOT? How do you like them?

Are you gonna grind the welds flush where you scabbed in the rear quarters?

Man, you are so close to the finish line!

Few questions:

Are your fenders black because they are from CCOT? How do you like them?

Are you gonna grind the welds flush where you scabbed in the rear quarters?

Man, you are so close to the finish line!

Yes, they are replacements. Fit is 90%. Required some adjustment for sure.

Yeah the welds there are rough. I figured i would let the body guy do it like he wanted.

Will do. I still have all the pieces in a box in storage, need to go fish them out. I want to do it before paint for sure.

The ebrake actually wasn't bad at all...where i made it complicated was going further and pulling the speedo housing to replace a gasket, messed up the oil seal and caused my current issues. Had i just done the ebrake...1 hour and piece of cake.

Will do. I still have all the pieces in a box in storage, need to go fish them out. I want to do it before paint for sure.

The ebrake actually wasn't bad at all...where i made it complicated was going further and pulling the speedo housing to replace a gasket, messed up the oil seal and caused my current issues. Had i just done the ebrake...1 hour and piece of cake.

ha. mine is just dangling by a cable on the side of the frame.....

Lookin good.

What did you decide on for pewter paint?

Also, what are you paying to have your stuff blasted?

Are you using a rattle can or gun for priming? Epoxy, or self etching?

Lookin good.

What did you decide on for pewter paint?

Also, what are you paying to have your stuff blasted?

Are you using a rattle can or gun for priming? Epoxy, or self etching?

JT Outfitters has a perfect match. It's expensive tho...

Was $75 to have those three pieces blasted and primed with epoxy primer.

Damn that looks nice.

Go man go!

All the good 40 work going on lately has shamed me into finishing up...hopefully.

2 weeks from tomorrow headed to 49T for oem carb/air cleaner and mini truck power steering install (pending operability of parts in hand).

Pulled the rear heater and front blower fans for a trip to Fondren Small Engine Repair, see if they can be salvaged.

Also reconditioned the rear heater tubes and core. All are good. Ordered new tune insulation as well, thanks Andrew for the pointer.

And lastly, dropped rear drive shaft and pulled ebrake stuff again to hopefully fix the f'n leak that has been the Bain of my existence for a few months. Posted in 40 section about that.

IMG_9586.JPG
IMG_9588.JPG
IMG_9591.JPG
51042714232__4C749C68-6B2D-42C8-96BD-1D126501CF73.JPG

IMG_9600.JPG

Purdy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom