Not mine, but supposed 2016 Land Cruiser Double Cab Pickup for sale... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wonder how many people wanting a 76/78/79 have actually driven them?

While they are awesome trucks and I would buy a new one, although not for over $40k, they do have some downfalls.

Rear leaf suspension being the main. I spent a week riding in the back of a 76 on 3rd world roads. It sucked. Really rough ride since you sit right over the rear axle. Some days I would get out of the truck and my back would be killing me.

They are on par with a 60-series in terms of sound deadening from the factory. Meaning not much at all. Without rear A/C or heater, I found the back seat gets cold or hot depending on climate you are driving through.

Awesome trucks but after a week in one it was very obvious to me why these trucks are not sold in the USA.

Cheers

I wonder how many people wanting a 76/78/79 have actually driven them?

While they are awesome trucks and I would buy a new one, although not for over $40k, they do have some downfalls.

Rear leaf suspension being the main. I spent a week riding in the back of a 76 on 3rd world roads. It sucked. Really rough ride since you sit right over the rear axle. Some days I would get out of the truck and my back would be killing me.

They are on par with a 60-series in terms of sound deadening from the factory. Meaning not much at all. Without rear A/C or heater, I found the back seat gets cold or hot depending on climate you are driving through.

Awesome trucks but after a week in one it was very obvious to me why these trucks are not sold in the USA.

Cheers

I doubt many have.

It would be sweet with the 80 series coil suspension in the rear;)

I doubt many have.

It would be sweet with the 80 series coil suspension in the rear;)

Indeed, solves the back seat sucks issue 100%.

Cheers

Indeed, solves the back seat sucks issue 100%.

Cheers

there are few options out there to deal with that .. like parabolic springs or

First glance it looks just like an Isuzu Trooper.

When he's bouncing around on this hill.... :censor::censor::censor::censor::eek::eek::eek::censor::censor::censor:

VDJ76-coils-bouncy.png

I just read through this entire thread this morning. WOW! I followed LC-America from the start, having my hopes up, and, as i expected, it was a scam. It went really deep for a scam. Love how the MUD community figured it out almost instantly, and consistently called the Papps on their BS.

That's bad news.

This seems like as good a place as any to post this....

I had a vendor on here tell me, “don’t mention anything wrong with a Cruiser you are selling. It is not up to you to do that.”

Ya! You can **** off, was my reply.

Cheers

Georg and I have sold JMACX products and have been well-served by the relationship. We have seen the 76-8-9 conversion kit on a brand new 79 at Wholesale Automatics getting a transmission swap - simply beautiful, including a full-width rear axle. See below.....

I have some of those wheels - need some centre caps - LOL

upload_2018-12-28_14-3-55.png
upload_2018-12-28_14-2-53.png

upload_2018-12-28_14-4-55.png
upload_2018-12-28_14-6-45.png

Oh, ya, forgot the last of the JMACX shiny bits.....plus some tranny shots - big boy AB60F and a very nice adapter in back....

It is awesome to see Jason (JMACX) and Rodney (Wholesale Automatics) products on a new truck at the same time.....

upload_2018-12-28_14-31-48.png
upload_2018-12-28_14-32-43.png

upload_2018-12-28_14-29-43.png
upload_2018-12-28_14-30-25.png
upload_2018-12-28_14-28-54.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom