Not mine, but supposed 2016 Land Cruiser Double Cab Pickup for sale... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That ad, like this thread, has you speechless?

:ban::rofl:
Speechless, demented and incontinent in my case.

This thread is in Chat for so many reasons..... :)

Shame they only drove it ~1800 miles in all that time!

If I buy it I'd definitely keep the wheels and tires. They don't have to be exported do they?

I'm not sure what EPA's data requirements are for testing of a new emissions control technology, but I'm guessing that 1800 miles wouldn't be a very significant sample size.

if Toyota did bring these to the states, would there be much interest in them? like actually would it be worth their investment to make a LHD version for sale in north America. i am genuinely asking here because i have often wondered why Toyota never offered the 70s in the states. i guess as with everything it would be to the lack of sales which the Ford F-series holds a massive share? for an Aussie it does seem that America is attached to its big utes that even have a greater payload than some small trucks. even the utes such as the tacoma seem massive in pics.

@Indestructible 47 .... "would there be much interest in them?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The short answer is ... NO

I thought that. Its a bugger cos they are a nice truck. Do you at least get the 1vd ftv in the 200?
While the demand may differ by region, here is Southern Georgia where agriculture is king, BIG pickups with BIG diesels (Dodge, Ford & Chevy) saturate the landscape. The Tacoma however dominates the small market although the Tacoma is far from small these days. Sorry, I don't know squat about the 200 but I guess I can drop by the local country club and take a look. :)

if Toyota did bring these to the states, would there be much interest in them? like actually would it be worth their investment to make a LHD version for sale in north America. i am genuinely asking here because i have often wondered why Toyota never offered the 70s in the states. i guess as with everything it would be to the lack of sales which the Ford F-series holds a massive share? for an Aussie it does seem that America is attached to its big utes that even have a greater payload than some small trucks. even the utes such as the tacoma seem massive in pics.
They already make a LHD version with the 1vd-ftv for the Middle East. This is what the Papp Bros want to legalize in the US. Niche Market.

Realistically, even as a huge Land Cruiser fan, if they were sold here they'd cost more than a powerstroke F350...I'd take the F350.

From Mr. Papp when I emailed about the 2017 being for sale for export and and 2019 being imported for further testing and why:

"The 2017 that we have can stay stateside for testing until July of 2019, but the vehicle does not have the factory DPF or Piezo Injectors that make the 2019 version of the truck Euro 5 compliant."

"We have always been a self-funded effort, so no, a 2019 is not en-route. Can’t purchase the new truck w/o the proceeds from our initial test truck. That said, I would not say that we are starting over with the 2019. We have a ton of data that we have collected through testing already that will be incorporated into our next emission test which is currently on the books and scheduled to start the week of October 22nd."

And for potential buyers of the 2017:
“As this vehicle was entered under a TIB for test, it will not be subject to AES [Automated Export System]. It would be exempt under 15 CFR30.37 ( r ). Specifically:(r) Goods previously imported under a Temporary Import Bond for return in the same condition as when imported including: Goods for testing, experimentation, or demonstration; goods imported for exhibition; samples and models imported for review or for taking orders; goods imported for participation in races or contests, and animals imported for breeding or exhibition; and goods imported for use by representatives of foreign governments or international organizations or by members of the armed forces of a foreign country. Goods that were imported under bond for processing and re-exportation are not covered by this exemption. The importer will need to close the TIB with CBP at the time of export.”

Remember gents, I'm just reporting what I'm told, nothing more, nothing less.

Proceed...

He’s got 100% feedback ... what could go wrong ??
9952933D-F535-44B4-A12A-33CF2BFE2BA1.png

Realistically, even as a huge Land Cruiser fan, if they were sold here they'd cost more than a powerstroke F350...I'd take the F350.

I agree. I did. If you want a diesel TRUCK, ANY big three truck is better in NA. If i wanted a second hand conversation starter, that didn't have easy to acquire parts, I'm partial to late model Aston's.

If you gots the big bucks, and a Texas ranch, wtf. Then again, on some of those plots of land, you can put 10000 miles a year on, and never leave your driveway. Why care about federalization?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom