Not mine, but supposed 2016 Land Cruiser Double Cab Pickup for sale... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those do exist and some are already here.

Legalized 70's do not exist. So far all that we know about L79/LC America is that their first story was proven to be a lie. They have a new story but refuse to offer even the most rudimentary proof and can't even give straight answers.

Steve -- I really am trying to work with you here, as I recognize that you are one of "the guys" on these vehicles.

I jumped back into this forum and answered a dozen or so detailed questions posed by Ward. I went back and asked if their were additional questions and I answered those as well. I posted our shipping manifest. I provided dates. I told you all where and when you could come look at our show vehicle in New Jersey and in Colorado Springs. This seems a long way from being rudimentary. I am not going to apologize for being precise with my words. When you have written for the folks that I have written for in the past, it is a life and death crucial part of the job -- words are important. This is not defensive and I am not trying to obfuscate anything.

So again, my goal is to build confidence:

I don't respond to posts here in anger.
I don't respond to posts here without thinking through my answers.
I don't antagonize.
I will continue to do my best to help build confidence that legalized 70's will be available to US customers in relatively short order.

John.

SI am not going to apologize for being precise with my words.

Precise? We have different definitions of precise apparently.

I'm not sure who is posting in anger. You did not answer all questions.

Is Michael Papp still involved in the project? You claimed the answer was no when talking to Ward.

Will you post copies of your HS-7's and 3520-1's for both vehicles? Will you post verifiable approval letters from the EPA and NHTSA for your conformance testing imports?

Anyone, including Mike's "11 year old daughter", as he claimed, can import a vehicle on temporary waiver. So having a truck and showing it at SEMA does nothing to prove you are working on legalizing brand new 70's for import. Show us some paperwork and put me in my place. Show it to me and I'll become your biggest cheerleader.

Your brother has a documented record of scamming people on a similar claim and then taking deposits and delivering nothing. Show us that this is different.

Last edited:
Steve -- I really am trying to work with you here, as I recognize that you are one of "the guys" on these vehicles.

I jumped back into this forum and answered a dozen or so detailed questions posed by Ward. I went back and asked if their were additional questions and I answered those as well. I posted our shipping manifest. I provided dates. I told you all where and when you could come look at our show vehicle in New Jersey and in Colorado Springs. This seems a long way from being rudimentary. I am not going to apologize for being precise with my words. When you have written for the folks that I have written for in the past, it is a life and death crucial part of the job -- words are important. This is not defensive and I am not trying to obfuscate anything.

So again, my goal is to build confidence:

I don't respond to posts here in anger.
I don't respond to posts here without thinking through my answers.
I don't antagonize.
I will continue to do my best to help build confidence that legalized 70's will be available to US customers in relatively short order.

John.

You can save yourself a whole lot of headache just by posting or even emailing a picture of said vehicle that you supposedly have with the paper work. You could even have the people you send the picture to sign a non-disclosure agreement, if you don't want whatever you are keeping a secret to get out.

Or you know beat around the bush. That seems to be working well for you.

Cheers,
Angelo

I posted our shipping manifest.

No you posted a picture of tracking info for a container. Show us the BL that would have the vehicle VIN. Show us something other than smoke and mirrors.

@John Papp

I have no doubt that @SteveJackson and @beno are men of their word and will honor any non-disclosure agreement you have them sign. These two folks are the people to start with if you want to gain any credibility.

Assuming this is legit, can you verify if Toyota Motor Corporation AND Toyota Motor Sales will allow this business to continue? Simple yes or no will be fine.

This is my first time through this process, but I have no idea why Toyota Motor Corporation AND Toyota Motor Sales would not allow our business to continue. Even if we sell 500 vehicles a year, we are not competing with Toyota for any significant market. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it.

This is my first time through this process, but I have no idea why Toyota Motor Corporation AND Toyota Motor Sales would not allow our business to continue. Even if we sell 500 vehicles a year, we are not competing with Toyota for any significant market. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it.

Your past :doh:

Thank you for your answer.

No you posted a picture of tracking info for a container. Show us the BL that would have the vehicle VIN. Show us something other than smoke and mirrors.

Export document with VIN.

Attachments

• Export Document Invoice for SEMA Show Vehicle.pdf
    245.1 KB · Views: 179
Export document with VIN.

So you could've ended this discussion with a slam dunk by posting your import forms or your EPA/NHTSA approval letters. Instead you posted an export cert with no identifiable information. We'll have to get it translated*. So we have to keep asking.

There are other unanswered questions in this thread, but here are two of mine.

1. Is Mike Papp no longer involved with the project as you told Ward Harris during a recent phone call?

2. Will you present some verifiable piece of documentation that you have imported one vehicle and are importing another vehicle for pre-approved EPA and NHTSA compliance testing and modification?

*edit: the Arabic text on the right side is the same as the English text on the left side.

Last edited:
I can guarantee there is a lawyer in Plano just waiting for this to continue to fruition...

This could very well end like the Rovers.

That has been my fear... If the Papps actually get a few trucks in and the Feds or Toyota get pissed it will not turn out well for the Legitimate importers here on mud and will potentially put them under a microscope like has happened to the Rover guys.

Unless he is actually holding *your* deposit hostage, whats the point of continuing to harass this guy? Twenty six pages of ceaseless interrogation is enough for any forum member to steer clear until there is actually a vehicle on terra firma with NHTSA/EPA/DOT/TSA/FDA approval.

To be sure, I view his importation proposition with a more jaundiced eye than most. And sure he's shady, but have you ever met a car salesman who wasn't?

I say leave the poor dude to his delusions of crash testing 70s for the fed's delight. We've all gotta have a dream.

Unless he is actually holding *your* deposit hostage, whats the point of continuing to harass this guy? Twenty six pages of ceaseless interrogation is enough for any forum member to steer clear until there is actually a vehicle on terra firma with NHTSA/EPA/DOT/TSA/FDA approval.

To be sure, I view his importation proposition with a more jaundiced eye than most. And sure he's shady, but have you ever met a car salesman who wasn't?

I say leave the poor dude to his delusions of crash testing 70s for the fed's delight. We've all gotta have a dream.

Asking questions and commenting on the incomplete responses is a far cry from harassment. I'm sorry you haven't met any honest car salespeople in the world, I can assure you that they do exist! I want this to be true more than anyone here. I want a VDJ200!! That anyone would consider giving them a deposit is the problem. Did you read all 26 pages?? The Papp's keep jumping back in this thread and the community is responding.

Yeah, "poor dude" indeed. Lol.

Maybe five guys in the whole world would even be aware of the Papps if not for ih8mud.

As a result, these "gentlemen" now have an audience. The forum can show advertisers over 33,000 more clicks. And we all get entertained.

See, everybody wins!

All --

Our goal from the beginning was to legally import and legally sell NEW 70 Series Toyota Land Cruisers here in the US. That singular goal has not changed. If taking the time to make these vehicles legal for onward sales in the US is shady, I guess you can call me shady -- though I am not slim.

As of the 15th of July I had answered the first handful of questions posed by Mr. Ward and on the 16th of July I posted responses to the remainder of the questions from Mr. Ward. I have to step back for a second and thank Mr. Ward and some others here for their open-minded approach to LC America. I asked for additional queries and I believe that I have responded to all of those as well. On the 15th of July I answered question #1 above, but I will re-post my response here again:
  • Michael Papp is my brother and a mechanical genius, and the idea for this venture was entirely his. That said, I am not my brothers keeper and Michael Papp does not retain any interest in LC America as owner, creditor, licensee, contingent beneficiary, etc. either in his own name or through an intermediary.
Of course as a new venture trying to be the first to do anything, we certainly could use a cheerleader. It was suggested that I needed to "Show us some paperwork and put me in my place. Show it to me and I'll become your biggest cheerleader." So we:
  • Provided detailed timelines -- and that was not enough.
  • Extended an invitation to visit in NJ and CO -- and that was not enough.
  • Provided a shipping manifest -- and that was not enough.
  • Are prepared to show a vehicle at SEMA -- and apparently that is still not going to be enough.
Thoroughly disheartening. I truly do believe that I gave this forum an honest shot, but I just don't have the resources to continue to respond to some of the folks here that refuse to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Healthy skepticism is fine -- and that is why I jumped in here in the first place. There have been many times in the course of my two careers that I have confronted healthy skepticism. But I always expect that my ability to educate my audience will eventually allow me to overcome that skepticism. But that was not the case on this forum. To continue to be irrationally skeptical -- even when confronted by the facts provided above -- is more than a little confusing to say the least. It seems just downright stubborn. And while your skepticism didn't cost any of us anything but time, neither would your constructive support / guidance / assistance. So in closing, I have appended here the EPA testing exemptions that we received in November 2016 and June 2017:
  • Exemption Number: 2016-NOVEMBER-LD-TEST-I-6403-VIN-JTFBB71J2G4321549
  • Exemption Number: 2017-MAY-LD-TEST-I-7421-VIN-JTFBV71J0H7650032
...though I suspect they will probably not be enough either. So be it. If anyone has any further questions about LC America, our progress to date or our vehicles in general, I am more than happy to chat with you. Or you can send me an email at CEO@LC-America.com, and I usually respond immediately. And with this posting, I have to sign off IH8MUD.

v/r,

John.

@beno and I are still planning on visiting you and the truck in Colorado Springs when it arrives.

Until then, best regards and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom