Not mine, but supposed 2016 Land Cruiser Double Cab Pickup for sale... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would have to fill out some customs forms, but that should be easy.

Here is a current picture of my personal inventory which includes a Mega Cruiser, 70 double cab, JDM FJC, a Japanese police FJC and an unopened 70.

Again, still probably cheaper and easier from amazon.

IMG_20170725_111523.jpg

IMG_20170725_111559.jpg

Here is a current picture of my personal inventory which includes a Mega Cruiser, 70 double cab, JDM FJC, a Japanese police FJC and an unopened 70.
That is quite the collection! It's always good to see Cruisers parked on rough and shifting surfaces.

When you say 'unopened', that would be a 'container' right? So you have a 70 in a shipping container waiting to be opened. I had no idea how common that was.

You're right - these are easy to get form Amazon. They still ship over from Japan, but the price on Amazon with free shipping is less than I would have to pay to ship one from point to point within the US.

If it can be registered and insured, what more is there?

It can still be seized and crushed. Most aren't willing to take that gamble.

Like I been saying all along, anybody can drive one of these back from Costa Rica or wherever and even titled it in many states that don't care.

https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3901660?ad_cid=15

Doesn't make it legit or legal.

Cheers

If Vermont doesn't issue titles on vehicles 15 years or older as the ad says, how does he sell it without a title in another state? Drafted bill of sale?

A states willingness and or ability to register/license doesn't trump EPA/NHTSA laws. See Defenders, Skylines, etc that have been driven on US roads for x amount of time and then forced to export or face crushing:

I know the Cruiser in question, neat rig and I hope it finds a neat home.

Unless it sits on private property for the next 7-8 years, it will find itself in many homes as tin cans.

Can I just say I'm so happy to have this thread resurrected after 3 weeks of radio silence. Just a few more weeks until the LC79 is here in Colorado for @beno and myself (+/- others) to go look at...

You are welcome!

:rofl:

Cheers

If Vermont doesn't issue titles on vehicles 15 years or older as the ad says, how does he sell it without a title in another state? Drafted bill of sale?

Vermont and Georgia registrations are considered proof of ownership and can be used as such in lieu of a title to transfer ownership to another state. There are title mills setup for these exact purposes. It's a common thing in classic cars when a vehicle has been sitting for so long and it's unknown where it was last titled.

Can I just say I'm so happy to have this thread resurrected after 3 weeks of radio silence. Just a few more weeks until the LC79 is here in Colorado for @beno and myself (+/- others) to go look at...

I think I got uninvited based on the last rant I received from Mike. Can't wait to hear about it!

I think I got uninvited based on the last rant I received from Mike. Can't wait to hear about it!
If I weren't diametrically opposed to all things Facebook, I'd Facebook live the visit. Oh, and if the truck shows up...

This might be just the scenario to justify FB membership

It's heartening to know I'm not alone on Mud in (a) avoiding FB and (b) :popcorn:ing this thread.

If I weren't diametrically opposed to all things Facebook, I'd Facebook live the visit. Oh, and if the truck shows up...

That I'd love to see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom