Northwest Trail Innovations

Josie'sLandCruiser

Stop calling it a "FJ."

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, that is a good looking rear bumper!

Any thoughts on producing a version that does away with the stock 2 inch hitch, and integrates the receiver hitch into the body of the bumper.
So basically a high clearance version of this bumper.

Thanks,

Alan

Hi,

Any thoughts on producing a version that does away with the stock 2 inch hitch, and integrates the receiver hitch into the body of the bumper.

Thanks,

Alan
Hi Alan, thanks for the inquiry.

You're welcome to cut out and weld in your own hitch into the bumper, just be sure to add sufficient reinforcement to the hitch.

As far as 'High Clearance', this bumper is already an extremely high clearance bumper. To eliminate the tow package, you can simply un-bolt the stock hitch, and you will gain a tremendous amount of clearance.

At this time, we don't offer an integrated hitch for this bumper due to the liability of an integrated hitch.

Thanks for contacting us, and feel free to text us at the number below and on our website :D

I have one of these on my 80 series. Welded together nicely. Pretty much covers the short AC dryer, but doesn't look too fat at the ends. Strikes a nice balance between coverage and approach angle and tucks the winch in very tidy.

What winch did you use? I just got the same bumper on my 80 and need a winch now.

lcwizard

Supporting Vendor

Hi,

Thanks,

Alan
@NWTI is correct about reinforcing for a hitch. We've"load tested" an example channel 3/16" plate formed 6" tall with 3" legs.
On a smooth pavement, with steady acceleration, braking and cornering you can cheat the numbers and call a bumper class 3.
In the real world of off road you'll need a forward crossmember supporting the front of the hitch tube. About a minimum of a 9" tube
for the leverage

love it. I wish id seen this a few months ago before I started welding my own from scratch, I ended up with a similar design, but painstakingly slow making and remaking cardboard and then sheetmetal templates. do you sell tire carrier and ladder kits individually? I think I could make these work on my bumper.

Top Bottom