Builds Nitro Gear / Justdifferentials, Project 200 Series Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm also in Washington and have a new to me 2009 LX570. I'm really liking the Tundra TRD rims. No spacers necessary, offset adjustment, or brake caliper issues, correct?

bolts on.

I'm also in Washington and have a new to me 2009 LX570. I'm really liking the Tundra TRD rims. No spacers necessary, offset adjustment, or brake caliper issues, correct?

Cruise Moab was a great trip. We arrived to Moab late Tuesday night and led Hell’s Revenge Friday, the truck did awesome ON and OFF road. I never hit the front bumper, The rear I hit the right rear corner a couple times. I did some of the optional obstacles like one of the mild hot tub and Tip over challenge. I also got to do some 50 mph whoops with a truckload of people in the truck and it does awesome.

NOTE: The 4.88’s are essential. The gear change really improved performance and economy. Before the gear change I was averaging 10-12 MPG while on 35s with stock 3.90.
On this trip to Moab, I was traveling with another truck, a 100 series on stock gears and 33’s and He would put in 3 more gallons at EVERY fillup. 17.5 vs 20.5 g etc. One long pass he used 5 gallons more than me! I had cruise set anywhere between 70mph and 85 mph and averaged 15, with 17mpg on one of the tanks through salt lake stretch. The 200 has a .58:1 overdrive in 6th gear. Regearing for larger tires is especially important on the 200 Series, since the stock gearing is 3.90, which is WAY to high to stay in 6th gear on a stock truck, and is much worse on 35's. 4.88's and 35's put the RPM's right at 2000 RPM at 70 MPH, so the truck stays in 6th gear.

This was fully loaded to the ceiling with drawers, fridge, bike and rack, show displays, table, gears, axles, parts for show etc!

Awesome build! Who's grill are you using? Do you have the front facing camera, and if so, How did you remount it?

The grill came from a customer in Qatar, I believe its an FJ60 bed. Also it didn't come with the front facing camera.

Last edited:
Blog:
Nitro 200 Series Land Cruiser Feature

www.facebook.com/nitrogearaxle
www.instagram.com/nitrogearaxle

And Yes that is a Toyota Boat, I am Crazy
.facebook_1462888077445.jpg
IMG_20160501_235438.jpg
IMG_20160509_105700.jpg
IMG_20160510_084929.jpg

Those pictures are outstanding. Looks like your build did pretty well! What were you aired down to?

Love that grill

The 200 series went to Torfab for a quick upgrade. It should make some serious power with the addition of the Magnuson Superchargers kit for the 5.7l Toyota V8, controlled by Unichip piggyback ECU.

VwCegW8l.jpg

bQI07Wpl.jpg

cjtFB6hl.jpg

Last edited:
Saw your Cruiser up on the lift when I picked up my shocks at Torfab last Monday. My jaw dropped when I saw them unpacking the supercharger. It's a SuperCruiser :bounce::bounce::bounce:

image.jpeg

Carl is leaving this wed from WA to start a 10 day, 3000+ mile "Ultimate Dadventure" with 2 kids in the 200 Series and the rooftop tent. He will be heading through WA, OR, ID, UT, CO, NM and maybe some other states too. With a stop at Silverton for the 6th annual 100s in the hills event.

He will have some Nitro Gear Giveaway items (cups, coozies, bags, goodies for the kids) and some raffle items (t shirts, hoodies, track mats and gift cards for Nitro-Gear).

N0McPKKl.png

ZED3aPJl.png

Look for the 200 series on the road!

Carl is leaving this wed from WA to start a 10 day, 3000+ mile "Ultimate Dadventure" with 2 kids in the 200 Series and the rooftop tent. He will be heading through WA, OR, ID, UT, CO, NM and maybe some other states too. With a stop at Silverton for the 6th annual 100s in the hills event.

He will have some Nitro Gear Giveaway items (cups, coozies, bags, goodies for the kids) and some raffle items (t shirts, hoodies, track mats and gift cards for Nitro-Gear).

N0McPKKl.png

ZED3aPJl.png

Look for the 200 series on the road!
Might as well stay in Ouray for the 200 event!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom