Builds Nitro Gear / Justdifferentials, Project 200 Series Land Cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are some more photos from the Magnuson Superchargers and Unichip piggyback ECU install at Torfab. You can check out the full album here. The LC200 made just over 400hp at the wheels on the dyno!

ZYx9YHo.jpg

3MCoSZ8.jpg

jBWWxkU.jpg

AJBb73w.jpg

zJLdLVn.jpg

ftFQ2Ij.jpg

fMweLaK.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome. 400 horsepower to the rear wheels? Just awesome.

What is the new cooler in front of the radiator?

Does it still throw codes?

new cooler is for the SC. It's water cooled.

No codes using the piggy back from what I was informed. I'm debating on getting the piggy back for a stock more to determine if it's worth going SC.

I have read in the past that the unichip makes the transmission a little sluggish. Did this occur on your tune as well or is that something that has been improved upon? I am also looking into this same setup soon and wanted to get your input.

Awesome. 400 horsepower to the rear wheels? Just awesome.

The Torsion center diff defaults to 59/41 front/rear split under normal driving, and up to 70/30 during slippage. 400HP to the rear @ 59/41 means you're making 678HP. If it's 70/30 you're making 571HP. I don't know how you can tell what the ratio is though :-/

"check out the brain on brad"

The Torsion center diff defaults to 59/41 front/rear split under normal driving, and up to 70/30 during slippage. 400HP to the rear @ 59/41 means you're making 678HP. If it's 70/30 you're making 571HP. I don't know how you can tell what the ratio is though :-/

I'm pretty ignorant on dynos, but I would assume it was 400 hp to all four wheels (I know I wrote "rear" in my post, my bad). I am assuming that permanent 4wd vehicles need a special dyno for front and rear. Maybe OP can clarify.

Results were on a 4 wheel dyno.
I have read in the past that the unichip makes the transmission a little sluggish. Did this occur on your tune as well or is that something that has been improved upon? I am also looking into this same setup soon and wanted to get your input.

This is my second v8 supercharged Landcruiser with a unichip. I wouldn say the transmission is sluggish. I would say the LC trans is programmed to shift much better than the tundra. The 200 will actually let it pull hills at less than 2000 rpm without downshifting, but will downshift and pull very hard when you stomp it. The supercharged 5.7 tundra wants to run higher rpms on grades and downshifts a little sooner than I'd like.

new cooler is for the SC. It's water cooled.

No codes using the piggy back from what I was informed. I'm debating on getting the piggy back for a stock more to determine if it's worth going SC.
Yes there were lots of codes initially but Tor worked with Magnusson and Unichip to get it all dialed in.

I'm pretty ignorant on dynos, but I would assume it was 400 hp to all four wheels (I know I wrote "rear" in my post, my bad). I am assuming that permanent 4wd vehicles need a special dyno for front and rear. Maybe OP can clarify.

We are also setup as a dealer of Magnuson products, so if you purchased it from us we could assist. Furthermore, I'd recommend Tor for the install as he has a considerable amount of time into making it work. If you are really interested in doing this, please email and I can get you more details.
The supercharger is awesome but the re-gear is WAY more bang for the buck. The regear is also still needed with the supercharger if you are running larger tires, or the vehicle sucks to drive and your tranny and fuel card will not be happy.

are you programmed for 91 or 93 octane? Also would you be able to share your program?

Actually I already have a kit. I work with Magnuson on the supplier side (I provide lots of parts for the kit).

Just needing a unichip and tune. Tor is a little far from my house. I am running 285/65/18 so I don't need a regear. Won't lift for a few years still the kids are bigger.

400 total HP on a 4 wheel dyno seems low for a vehicle that's supposed to put out 381HP (at the crank) on 87 octane. The Tundra graphs I've seen put out 450+HP at the wheels. Am I missing something?

http://www.smokeysdyno.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Toyota-Tundra-Dyno-Graph.jpg
TRD 5.7L Supercharger - Dyno Test & Tune - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

400 total HP on a 4 wheel dyno seems low for a vehicle that's supposed to put out 381HP (at the crank) on 87 octane. The Tundra graphs I've seen put out 450+HP at the wheels. Am I missing something?

http://www.smokeysdyno.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Toyota-Tundra-Dyno-Graph.jpg
TRD 5.7L Supercharger - Dyno Test & Tune - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

With my limited knowledge of dyno tuning

Drive train loss can account for 5% and the regear and tire sizes would account for the other 6-7%

Drivetrain losses can be quite high, well past 20% on an AWD vehicle. Add big tires and 4.88 gears, and your guess is as good as mine... everything is related on these newer machines, and it can have good or bad results.

Being able to flash the ECU on the Land Cruiser is just around the corner. Some in the USA are already flashing the Lexus IS F... Which shares the same NEC ECU platform with our 200 Series. Short term, I am considering trying the Supercharged ECU from my Tundra in the Land Cruiser... Suspect the vin # from the Cruiser can be installed on it so the imobilizer will recognize it. I need to double check it, but it appears 99% of the wire harness input/output is the same between the two ECUs, and read/convey the same signals. If it works, I'll have an ECU flashed for a supercharged tow package 4.30 axle truck... Which is what my cruiser is. Long term, we will copy the ECU parameters and then tweak and flash them into other years of 200 Land Cruisers.

Hey guys, first post here and newbie to offroad parts and things fitting together. I'm reading and learning. My question is about these TRD wheels and nitto tires (or bfg ko2's). Do you think there's a combination I could get that would fit with the stock suspension in the 17" or 18" version of this wheel? Or maybe there's a simple cheap mod that would allow a combo to fit with the stock suspension?

Also, I looked up the wheels and I'm only finding these for sale at 17", what's the part # on your 18", if you don't mind?

Hey guys, first post here and newbie to offroad parts and things fitting together. I'm reading and learning. My question is about these TRD wheels and nitto tires (or bfg ko2's). Do you think there's a combination I could get that would fit with the stock suspension in the 17" or 18" version of this wheel? Or maybe there's a simple cheap mod that would allow a combo to fit with the stock suspension?

Also, I looked up the wheels and I'm only finding these for sale at 17", what's the part # on your 18", if you don't mind?

Sorry forgot to mention I'm running a 2016 200.

These are the Tundra TRDPro 18" wheels. Suspension doesnt matter for wheels, but does for tire size.

Wow, this might be the baddest 200 I have ever seen, well done sir!

Sorry for the novice question here. I share the same interest as "LALC" wrote above in wanting to place these same wheels on my stock 200 until my budget for more modifications grows. That said, what is the largest size MT tire you would recommend running on this wheel with a stock setup? Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom