NEWBIE 62 Owner!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks--

My girlfriend and I picked up a RHD 62 this past weekend. Absolutely in love with it. Running into a few minor issues since it came over from Japan, but really digging it so far.

Background... I had a 2011 Toyota 4Runner that was completed modded out. We sold it, picked up a RAV4 as our new daily and now this 62 will be our new adventure rig. We do a lot of overlanding, so it'll be an adjustment without the rooftop tent but we're going to see how the ground tent game goes.

The truck was purchased from Adventure Motors in Kansas City. It's electric blue but we had it wrapped in the ivory cream you see below. My only real plans are to get back to an OEM front and rear bumper, maybe drop the height a tad with OME suspension and completely overhaul the interior.

Immediate issues... The aftermarket radio the previous owner put in no longer works; they also cut out the factory radio harness and while I can hardwire the new double DIN radio we purchased the way they did, I was able to find pigtails for the original radio. So, I'll get that squared away soon and back to a more respectable wiring job. However, the current radio is getting no power, so I'll have to figure out if it's fuse-related or the radio itself is just bad. I can't find a dedicated fuse for the radio - any ideas? The heat/AC controls work intermittently and the cigarette lighter doesn't work at all. I'm wondering if that's all connected to the power issues with the radio. We'll see.

Anyway, I'm finding some really solid threads on here that are giving me some great ideas. But, I know nothing about these vehicles other than the fact that I love the look and feel. Looking forward to this LC journey!

LOVE_Shot.JPG

Very nice looking Cruiser. Is it a 3FE? Always thought the gas versions had the side vents in the front fenders. I learn something new everyday so curious to hear. Your response. Thanks and welcome to mud.

The worst thing is that this fj62 uses parts from both the fj60 and FJ62; shocks from an fj60, seat sliders from an fj62.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom