New Tire Option for an Arctic Truck Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
received this reply today,

Hi Steven,

Thank you for contacting Nokian Tyres.

Yes, the Hakkapeliitta 44" will be available in the US. At this point, it will only be manufactured in one size, LT 475/70 R 17. There is no confirmed date when it will be available for consumer purchase, but I would think by late summer it will be ready to order.
You can learn more about it on our global site, click the link below.
Knowhow from the Arctic: Robust Nokian Hakkapeliitta 44 winter tyre is the newest top-of-the-line product resulting from the cooperation between Nokian Tyres and Arctic Trucks / Nokian Tyres

Best Regards,
Jill H
Consumer Support
Nokian Tyres North America

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 1.3.2017 19:54
To: marketingna@nokiantyres.com
Subject: 44" Nokian tyres in North America ?

https://m.facebook.com/arcticextreme/

On January 23, 2027, the Facebook page for Arctic Extreme in Iceland, posted a pic and a comment that they were enjoying their new 44" Nokian tyres.

I am wondering if these tires are available in USA ?

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
O5kfG1X.jpg

Can't wait to see it on someone's rig. Hurry up before global warming :eek:

Lol. That is the exact letter I got from Nokian regarding the halkapelliitta 44 also. Funny we are both Steves

Can't wait to see it on someone's rig. Hurry up before global warming :eek:

You mean "summer"? Colorado is at 147% normal snowpack, California is knocking on the door of 200% in some locations. Pretty sure we'll have snow wheeling until July in the mountains.

SodaSprings3_11.jpg

Biggest driver in cost. Will be freight ( from Finland ?).

Link says currently available exclusively through AT.

I replied and asked what distribution system in the U.S. ? Will be cool if Nokian has a warehousing system we can order through our local dealer

A little more tire info

Hi Steven,

No need to apologize. The 44 will be distributed through Nokian Tyres. Our retail locations wouldn't keep these tires in stock, so it would be ordered upon request.

Best,
Jill

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 3.3.2017 17:31
To: marketingna@nokiantyres.com
Subject: Re: 44" Nokian tyres in North America ?

I'm sorry one more question. Read the press release, and currently only available through Arctic Trucks

I do not believe Arctic Trucks has a distribution system in the U.S.

Do you know how Nokian plans to distribute in the U.S. ? Local Nokian dealerships ?

I've been waiting on these too. I would like to know a price so I can start saving. The plan is to build the 80 to accept the 44's and run 40's as I already do; but run the 44's when I go to the dunes and snow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom