New Shop Truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I was given the keys to a 60 last week for doing some work for David on the 80. Drove her home and got the engine bay clean. Haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. Probably some 32"-33" tires and fix the rust and paint her black with some THC graphics on her. Just something to use around the shop. I do need a winch bumper for it though.

Good idea about the tires. When I bought the truck for Lynn's birthday the tires were so bad
I stopped at a Sam's Club on the way home and put those Goodyears on. That was over a decade ago.
Held air but still......I worried about it blowing one on the way to the shop.
I told Lynn if I had to I would slash the tires at the shop so it HAD to stay.
I just don't have the time to give and the truck needs TLC. Solid engine and drivetrain.
Glad Big is in good hands.
The 80 is AWESOME.....again.....
Lots of good Cruiser Karma
Ohm...cruiser,cruiser,cruiser...Ohm

OT sorta:
That dang truck takes a great photo. It is a rust bucket. A beater.
Fading paint, dents and holes. How it takes such a nice picture is
weird.

I call dibs on the current bumper if you replace it with a winch bumper. I think you should put that 500hp motor in the 60 and use it for the tow rig!

Well bad news it the frame is toast. Only thing holding it together was the body mounts. I can gram one second of the frame and crush it in my hands. So I have been looking for a replacement. I just couldn't bare to part it out.

Picked this up from Caleb last week. Great guy. It's already been blasted, primed and painted. Awesome frame. So now the question is while it's bare should I spring it over or not? That is the question. I'm leaning towards doing it. I'm also leaning towards a v-8. It would be so easy with the body off.

Then strip the tub down paint it gloss black. Line the interior. And black everything out. Chrome , trim , windows. That should take me two years to do.
image.jpg

Also while I was down in charleston I took the girls to patriots point. They had a great time.

image.jpg

2F. SUA. 2.5" lift and 33x10.5 is my vote. Sweet score on the frame. Looks great.

But a 6.2l LS would look nice in there too :). Add auto and air and make it the long distance rig. But you do have an 80.

2nd on diesel. That way you got cred with customers that you know how to do one.:hmm:

Soa, shackle reversal, 3 link the rear and put a big cummins bio diesel? My little thoughts. Make a decent tow rig. Plenty of old dodges out there with cheap motors.

My thinking is that the customers that want heavy offroad type modifications won't need as much convincing evidence of your work. Its the more moderate customer that will appreciate a solid resto-mod. And if you plan to daily drive it and use it for parts pickup, a lower stance will be easier on the knees and back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom