New owner in Havertown (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Red Beard

Cruisin'
Threads
Website
cruisin4parts.com
Hey everyone, I wanted to introduce myself to all you fellow Pennsylvanians. I'm in Havertown, right outside Philadelphia.

IMG_3226.JPG

Last week I bought a 2006 - 200k Miles, 1 Owner, AHC, Nav, PA vehicle. I've been searching for a really long time to get back in the driver seat of these things so I'm super super excited to be back. Now for all the maintenance and baselining. Rust isn't terrible but its there. That's a big ticket item I want to get ahold of quickly. AHC as well.

Would love to hear any local knowledge on good shops. I need to do my Timing Belt and all the service associated with that. I've already reached out Land Cruiser Heaven in Hagerstown, MD (2.5hrs from me) but I wonder if there are any closer.

I'm interested if there are any campsites that are accessible by 4x4 to wheel, hike and possibly camp from. Not sure if we have that in PA. I know you guys already do Rausch which I'll be eager to try soon.

Also I may need people's advice and help on some things as I'm getting the hang of working on this!

Cheers,
-Clayton

p.s. Go Flyers 🏒

Welcome!

As for mechanics, try Tommy's Automotive - @dci blair. A little closer and recommended by a lot of guys in the club.
Thanks for the headsup! I'll give that shop a call. WAY closer than the other place.

Welcome!!! Nice 100 Series!

Welcome! The club wheels once a month, mostly, year-round. Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area near Shamokin (aoaatrails.com) is the other area we wheel in. It has adjacent camping. Trails go from green to red. Depending on where you feel most comfortable, there are also green + light blue trail runs for members who don't wheel a lot.

Nice truck.

I'll be planning a green trail run in a few months, date to be determined.

You should bring your 100 out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom