New Members. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are your plans to change the A pillar or repair it?

I was always under the impression that when an a-pillar was bent or compromised, it would never again have the same structural rigidity in an accident or a rollover.

However, I'm stoked for you to bring this thing back on the road. They will be rare one day.

It depends on the severity of the damaged area. If a sectioning is approved by the manufacturer, there are specific procedures to follow per manufacture to ensure a quality repair/replacement.

I too thought why on first read(given the examples for sale around here lately), but it looks like these guys have the skill, desire and space to do the project so good luck and mad props!
Since it seems you are in the repair network, do you know anyone local that may be willing to paint an FZJ for 2-3k instead of 7-10k?

I too thought why on first read(given the examples for sale around here lately), but it looks like these guys have the skill, desire and space to do the project so good luck and mad props!
Since it seems you are in the repair network, do you know anyone local that may be willing to paint an FZJ for 2-3k instead of 7-10k?

Pricing for refinishing can depend a great deal on products being used and of course, who does the job. Depending on what you are looking for as far as your end result, I can take a look at it for you. After all, it is what I do. Where about a are you located?

What a project! 99.9% of people do not have the space, skill, or desire to undertake a project like this. Were you able to save it from being a "salvage" title?
Also, what a great way to spend quality time with your significant other. I'll keep watching with interest.

What a project! 99.9% of people do not have the space, skill, or desire to undertake a project like this. Were you able to save it from being a "salvage" title?
Also, what a great way to spend quality time with your significant other. I'll keep watching with interest.

We were actually. The previous owner did not go through insurance so, it maintains a clean title.

I will fire a pm at you.

That’s awesome that A-pillar piece is available from Toyota and that it’s an “approved” method. Even better is that you’re doing it. Look forward to seeing your white LX.

Brave souls! I bow down to your willingness.

yitro-6.jpg

Got a few things done yesterday on the cruiser. My tech was able to get it on the bench for some pulls on the A Pillar to pull some of the buckles that were around the primary damage. Also got thebunderside of the hood painted and most the moldings.
Today the sectioning begins. Come to find out, although this part is still available, it will take up to 4-5 weeks to get it. Not trying to wait that long. So we went to nearby (somewhat) wrecking yard and picked a few items we needed including having them cut the section out that we need. Once it’s ready for install, gonna sand it down and spray some Epoxy primer on both sides to help with corrosion protection prior to install.

8E702B32-E5A4-4702-AC29-7E94572BBAC4.jpeg

ADE734E9-610E-4A33-BD49-4F1BEA74606F.jpeg

09CC2A25-BA3D-4F0F-9F6F-044A19203203.jpeg

Able to get some more parts painted yesterday. Decided not to paint it white or white pearl. Wanted something more fitting for the land cruiser and our end appearance for it. So put some dark sealer on the parts and applied some color. (Not pictures yet).
Also cut a section out of the Pillar. Cut the skin off first to see the inner structure before we proceed with a game plan.

8340DB58-4D0E-4AE0-AD87-46DA9EEFDA7D.jpeg

A7057E16-B4EA-4266-8081-95CAFBA2973D.jpeg

image.jpg

Today’s activity on the cruiser was grind off all the previous “repair” done to the right fender. Looks like the person just some what hammered out the damage and filled the remainder with body filler. (..kinda). It was very wavy and felt like a bag of walnuts but I think they probably said “eh, flare covers it”. So, removed all that and also redid my dash board in black. I’m not a huge fan of brown dash boards.

F073B70D-6E92-42CD-8354-E6A4AD604CA2.jpeg

04891FCE-3E56-4BE5-8E22-3946F230E415.jpeg

6084E8F2-00A1-4936-BF25-9408E1B195C8.jpeg

“What could be more fitting than white for a Landcruiser?!”

Signed,
Every Landcruiser owner in Arizona
(Amirite @LandCruiserPhil?!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom