New LV owner starting frame-off (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well my wife just walked into the dinning room and saw what I was up to and promptly told me I am a loser :meh:

She's just jealous; my wife tells me the same thing when I add to my Cruiser matchbox collection...:rolleyes: she's jealous too, I'm sure of it. Dam cool collection of parts!

Josh

That "little" dent on the rear corner was from a tree branch that fell on it when I had it parked in Moab. I was out in the field when I got the message that a tree had fallen on my Cruiser. I was not able to see it for a week after I was told that. I was worried sick and I all I could envision was that it was smashed to death. It was a relief to just find that dent but still I was :mad: especially when the insurance would not pay for it since it was "an act of God".

I had forgotten that little story until I saw that dent back there.

Also, I think I saw some remnants of an Oklahoma Safety Inspection on the front windshield....a little green sticker on the lower corner. That was from me when I owned it so long ago.

Nice work getting it going again. I remembered that thing running like a champ and it never let me down. By the way, does it have the original oil bath air cleaner? I have one in my shed and I think it is off that LV but I can't remember. If you don't have one and need it, this one is yours if you pay the ride.

Great Score JP and way to dig out all the ACC alum too :D

Welcome to the 45 fold. Thats going to be one great project and I'll be following along to see the awesome cruiser your Dad ends up with. Our east coast 45 run contingency is growing :clap:

You know your gonna want one ;)

Not sure how much sheet metal work you are planning on doing on the rear end,but if you havent thought about,you might want to pull off the rear sill.There is a nice storage place for dirt.
IMG_0050.jpg

That "little" dent on the rear corner was from a tree branch that fell on it when I had it parked in Moab. I was out in the field when I got the message that a tree had fallen on my Cruiser. I was not able to see it for a week after I was told that. I was worried sick and I all I could envision was that it was smashed to death. It was a relief to just find that dent but still I was :mad: especially when the insurance would not pay for it since it was "an act of God".

I had forgotten that little story until I saw that dent back there.

Also, I think I saw some remnants of an Oklahoma Safety Inspection on the front windshield....a little green sticker on the lower corner. That was from me when I owned it so long ago.

Nice work getting it going again. I remembered that thing running like a champ and it never let me down. By the way, does it have the original oil bath air cleaner? I have one in my shed and I think it is off that LV but I can't remember. If you don't have one and need it, this one is yours if you pay the ride.

Grease, man it is great to hear the stories behind some of the dents and dings that the cruiser has encountered over the years. My dad and I speculated that the dent you are referring to was caused by some one back into something. Never would have thought it was from a freak accident like a tree falling on it in Moab!! That is to cool to know :cheers:

Also that was the remnants of your OK inspection sticker and also there is a very vague remnant of a college parking stick in the front passenger side as well. I assume that is from when you were in school at Durango??

I was very surprised at how well the engine ran after sitting so long.... we will do a compression test this weekend and see what kind shape it really is in, but I am optimistic that she is in good enough shape not to need a rebuild.

And yes I am missing the original oil bath I will send you a PM shortly as I would love to have the original back

Thanks for all your help and especially the stories:cheers:

Not sure how much sheet metal work you are planning on doing on the rear end,but if you havent thought about,you might want to pull off the rear sill.There is a nice storage place for dirt.

Thanks for the heads up...... we will def. be removing the rea sill just like you show there. As that is where I believe the worst of our rust lies, but I guys we will find out for sure once we get the sand blasting done :beer:

Great Score JP and way to dig out all the ACC alum too :D

Welcome to the 45 fold. Thats going to be one great project and I'll be following along to see the awesome cruiser your Dad ends up with. Our east coast 45 run contingency is growing :clap:

You know your gonna want one ;)

Thanks Jason!!! I'd really love to have this thing ready for our annual parkway cruiser next October..... but I have a feeling that would be pushing it.

And yes I want one for myself, especially a FJ45LWB, but I think I'll need to thin some of my herd first or the :princess: might make me move out :doh:

When is the east coast 45 run???

When is the east coast 45 run???

date is the easy part, where is becoming the question???
Once on of these things run im gonna be on the location hunt.

but in the last 12 mos we have Cirbo, MtbCoach, Daniel.waters, dput, 1980hj47, and ourselves added to the list !!!

Made some good progress today.....

Started off the day with a quick compression test of the old F engine.... numbers turned out much better than we could have hoped for, I even checked them twice to make sure they weren't to good to be true.
DSC_0574.jpg

it appears we have a gem of and engine in the ole girl :cheers:

After the compression test we turned to disassembly of the body in preparation of hopefully removing the body from the frame next weekend. :cheers:
DSC_0574.jpg
DSC_0507.jpg
DSC_0509.jpg

Last edited:
removed the gas tank and found we had a friend that made a home there.... full of trash and pecans and it all fell into my face when I removed the tank:doh:
DSC_0511.jpg

Pops busting off the front fenders.....
DSC_0519.jpg

Pops busting up his knuckles on those front fenders :grinpimp:
DSC_0517.jpg
DSC_0511.jpg
DSC_0519.jpg
DSC_0517.jpg

Steve-o was learning the fine art of cruiser contortion .......
DSC_0552.jpg

He was muttering something about how they must have had midgets install the tail light buckets..
DSC_0550.jpg

an awkward fit....
DSC_0554.jpg
DSC_0552.jpg
DSC_0550.jpg
DSC_0554.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom