new Gamiviti rack for your 120... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nakman

addict.
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.gamiviti.com
As many of you know Gamiviti has been serving the cruiser wagons (mostly 60, 80, and 100) for a number of years now, providing a very high quality/good looking roof storage solution, and each year we keep pushing capabilities and features. I don't want to sound too much like a commercial, in fact tend to go out of my way to not over-sell here- you can search for images and feedback I'm sure there's plenty. Reason for the tread is I'm excited to announce the first ever 120 series rack from Gamiviti. Took most of our favorite features, and just scaled them down a little to fit the GX.

what I'd like though is your feedback, will start with pics of the naked rack...

IMG_1753.JPG
IMG_1756.JPG
IMG_1757.JPG
IMG_1758.JPG

Ah yes finally, looks killer! One of my favorite racks for the 100 series! Thank you for making this, whats the pricing on the naked rack?

The fairing clips on, like we're doing with the 100 racks now. So you can snap it on/off in seconds, revealing the light bar behind it. I don't have the light bar installed yet, but do have the fairing on there now. Wind noise was brutal without the fairing... worse than anything I've run before. But the fairing shut it down nicely.

We put about 2500 miles on the GX last week without issues. I'm thinking we make the next one a little longer in back? I dunno.. what do you think. Or what else would you like to see on these?

rack_twoguns.jpg
rack_twoguns2.jpg

Any closer pictures of the rack flipped with the rails up?

I'd personally like it a tad longer in the back since the GX has a barn door and wont have to worry about it hitting.

thanks, Scat, no worries man! pricing will follow the same model as the 100's, usually in the $900-1200 range, depending on options, shipping, etc.

No I don't have any pics with the Expo bar going the other way... not yet at least. I forgot to take a picture of this when it was just a flat rack too :doh: before we welded on the Expo bar.

Very nice to see this come to fruition!!!! I'm interested in the mounting points you previewed in another thread; and I'd like to know if there will be modular options. I remember some of the other racks you offer in 1/2, 3/4, and full length; will you do the same for the GX? Any thoughts on making a flat rack?

I personally have no need for a full rack, but a 1/2 or 3/4 would be perfect.

Hey Joe yes, pretty much any configuration you've seen on another vehicle or the website can technically be done here. 1/2 rack, 3/4 rack, full flat, 1/2 grid, full grid, whatever. The constraint though is going to be where the towers mount- but we have all the numbers and can make it work, shoot me an email if you want to get more specific on a build, thanks.

Awesome, thanks for the followup! I'll reach out once we recover from the holiday spending. :)

And light bars. We stock both 29.5" and 39.5" single row combo bars. Haven't run power up there yet, but did a test fit tonight. 29 is a little cleaner.. the long one looks a little busy perhaps. But hey there's options...
IMG_1927.JPG
IMG_1928.JPG
IMG_1931.JPG
IMG_1932.JPG
IMG_1933.JPG

I really like your racks. I like the idea mentioned earlier of extending the rack towards the back more since no interference from the tailgate.

I wouldn't mind if it went forwards a little more either, making it a very full length rack

Plus, my GX is the same color, so I can see how it's going to look!

Tim sent me an awesome new Gamiviti rack for my 120 4Runner so I thought I would share some pics. I love the way it turned out. He made the light bar opening wider so that it would frame the 39" light bar nicely. I still need to install the middle row towers but I am guessing they aren't really needed. The 4Runners don't have a middle row from the factory so these will be sandwiched between the rack and the roof so to speak. The Gamiviti towers fit nicely down in the roof rails so they should work out great and provide extra support if needed.

20160227_151110_resized.jpg
20160227_151102_resized.jpg
20160227_151237_resized.jpg
20160227_151305_resized.jpg
20160227_151335_resized.jpg

I do love the way it looks. For me wind noise is a issue I would want to avoid. Baja Rack has also come out with a GX470 rack and it has a built in wind deflector. Baja claims they designed this new rack from the ground up for the GX470 and the full length rack has very little wind noise.

My wish list: 1) I would like to have front light tabs available integrated in along with a built in wind deflector. This is so I would not have to pick between wind noise and roof lighting. I would prefer tabs for smaller lights rather that a large LED light bar. 2) I would also like side and rear light tabs for alley and reverse lighting. 3) Shovel and high lift attachments would be a must. 4) Also, Another feature I would like is either a full grate bottom or the bars spaced closer together to allow for placement of smaller items on the rack that seemingly would fall through this rack and onto the roof.

I am actually planning purchasing a rack in the very near future and am excited to see this Gamiviti offering; and would strongly consider this GREAT looking rack with the above features.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom