New dissent offroad no cut rear bumper! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know I asked this question a while back, but now that the swingouts look like they’ve been finalized, can someone confirm if there’s a hi-lift jack location on the new swingout?

Picked up my bumper in Montana this weekend. I haven't had it finished yet (painted or powder coated...still deciding). I've got a new appreciation for the amount of design work and craftsmanship that Ben has put into this design. It looks phenomenal, and I look forward to finishing it and installing it soon.

Picked up my bumper in Montana this weekend. I haven't had it finished yet (painted or powder coated...still deciding). I've got a new appreciation for the amount of design work and craftsmanship that Ben has put into this design. It looks phenomenal, and I look forward to finishing it and installing it soon.
What was the special surprise that everyone was talking about?

Interesting question... I honestly don't know. I've barely unpacked and laid out all of the parts...although I font really know what a few parts are for... Maybe Ben can comment?
Interesting. I never heard it from Ben, just from people on the forum. Ben did mention the aluminum accessory deal with the table but forum members had mentioned other stuff. Did you get a dual swing out?

He’s posted additional accessories on his 200 series. I’m sure there’s more to come.

Interesting. I never heard it from Ben, just from people on the forum. Ben did mention the aluminum accessory deal with the table but forum members had mentioned other stuff. Did you get a dual swing out?

I got a single swing out with the accessory table. I think it might have come with a number of unexpected aluminum pieces (perhaps a hi-lift mount?)... I'll lay out the parts and post an image tonight. It didn't come with any lego instructions, so I'll get creative.

Steel bumper parts

Steel swing out parts

Aluminium accessories rack, table, license plate mounts, tire carrier mounts, and ??high lift mount?? (Bottom, second from right??)

Bits and pieces

Haha. So much stuff! Crazy that the instructions aren’t ironed out. What’s your confidence level of you being able to figure it all out?

Haha. So much stuff! Crazy that the instructions aren’t ironed out. What’s your confidence level of you being able to figure it all out?

I got mine a week ago. I'm 100% confident... but I think it will be way easier with instructions, lol.

Ben said hes coming out with instructions, but he hasnt had time to sit down and do it.

There isnt one. Lol. I asked him and he said he didnt know what that person was talking about. :rofl:

I went over the 12 week point and I got a table as part of my swingarm as Ben promised, so I am very happy! Ben seems like a stand up guy.
Posts 199 and 202 are the only official mention of upgrade/extras (the accessory table) for those who went past the 12 week mark. He also addressed that estimated lead times are only estimates.
(I gave up social media years ago and i follow mud like a teenage girl would follow myspace--self pun)

Quality takes time. Also he runs a small operation catering to a pretty big crowd of us. I heard that i would wait a while before the product was in hand and the entry pricepoint was the biggest factor. Table or no table (yeah i want it) i know ill be happy

Last edited:
Posts 199 and 202 are the only official mention of upgrade/extras (the accessory table) for those who went past the 12 week mark. He also addressed that estimated lead times are only estimates.
(I gave up social media years ago and i follow mud like a teenage girl would follow myspace--self pun)
I know Ben never said it... Someone else said there were extra surprises up Ben's sleeve or something to that effect so I asked him what that guy on Mud was talking about. :rofl:

I thought it was kinda funny someone else said it. I didnt think anything was headed my way, lol.

Still not sure if they thought that was true or were just trying to get a bunch of adults waiting on steel bumpers excited.

I'm about 100% sure I can figure this out. The photos posted throughout this thread give pretty good guidance. I know what all of the fabricated components are for, except the one in the third photo I posted, near the bottom right side. I am presuming that one might be the hi-lift jack mount?? If you look at my 4th photo, there is a hardware bag labelled "hi-lift".

Time to find out how much a powder coat quote is gonna ring up!

I'm about 100% sure I can figure this out. The photos posted throughout this thread give pretty good guidance. I know what all of the fabricated components are for, except the one in the third photo I posted, near the bottom right side. I am presuming that one might be the hi-lift jack mount?? If you look at my 4th photo, there is a hardware bag labelled "hi-lift".

Time to find out how much a powder coat quote is gonna ring up!

I'd be interested to hear what numbers you get for powder coating if you want to share. Congrats on the new bumper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom