NEW Classifieds!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.


@woody

I retract most of my criticism. Although to be honest my man, it was not the classified but the build thread that sold it.

Either way, you have more or less sponsored this, so thank you.

Cheers
 
I can't figure out the new classifieds setup. I thought the old setup was great. I can't find anything.
Yeah, it’s terrible. Also, I either don’t know what I’m doing, or the classifieds section died.
 
Yeah, it’s terrible. Also, I either don’t know what I’m doing, or the classifieds section died.
Same here. I used to look at the classifieds a couple times a day. Now I find I go days without looking at it. Seems like there’s not much activity or if there is, I don’t know how to view it properly.
 
The new classifieds are… dead. I don’t think users enjoy using it. Every time I check it I’m shocked to see the exact same posts.

I’m all for change but it’s just not good
 
There are now 40 active fj40s listed which is 25 more than when I first posted.

their prices have spread out too... still way more than I could spend but thats a Me problem obviously other people are willing to dig deep and spend big on these vehicles.
 
I am definitely from the "if it ain't broke don't fix it crowd". With that said I am trying to navigate the system and I am curious about the following. Am I correct that new for sale listings are time restricted? Therefore after a period of time they disappear? Or do they migrate over to the archived section? I was looking at a 100 series and now I can't find the listing anywhere. I am not confident at all in my ability to comprehend how the new system works
 
I am definitely from the "if it ain't broke don't fix it crowd". With that said I am trying to navigate the system and I am curious about the following. Am I correct that new for sale listings are time restricted? Therefore after a period of time they disappear? Or do they migrate over to the archived section? I was looking at a 100 series and now I can't find the listing anywhere. I am not confident at all in my ability to comprehend how the new system works
Setting an "expiration" is optional. Sold items are filtered out, but still searchable.
 
how do you search 70 series parts like it was the old way? how do you search diesel parts like the old way? don't want to have to select a part to search if that's how you are suppose to do it now? I used to browse the classifieds not looking for anything specific most of the time, hoping to maybe find something I can use.
 
how do you search 70 series parts like it was the old way? how do you search diesel parts like the old way? don't want to have to select a part to search if that's how you are suppose to do it now? I used to browse the classifieds not looking for anything specific most of the time, hoping to maybe find something I can use.
you mean, clicking "Parts Classifieds" and simply scrolling thru?

Two clicks to get here:
Click any Olive model prefix, and ONLY those items will show.
OR, that link plus "filters" (right side drop-down above the listing) and select "prefix: 70-series"

or, Classifieds Search would let you narrow down.
 
Yeah, I defintely went from perusing the Classifieds often to almost not at all TBH mainly because of the layout... and I keep thinking that there are listings that aren't showing up but not sure...
 
Yeah, I defintely went from perusing the Classifieds often to almost not at all TBH mainly because of the layout... and I keep thinking that there are listings that aren't showing up but not sure...
SOLD listings don't show. Filters would allow you to see them, but only "open" items appear by default.


18 pages of SOLD items.
 
when I click on part classified I don't see any olive prefix thing?
Classifieds....phone version (typing via computer tho)....OLIVE buttons are present for every item, by model. Click "Minitruck" and you then see the second screenshot.

The 3 horizontal lines by CATEGORIES allows you to narrow down listings to just parts, or specific sub categories of parts, or just Vehicles, or specific sub categories, etc.

"filters" is shown on the first screenshot, a dropdown pops up that allows you to FILTER your view.

Screenshot_20261007-121330.webp


Screenshot_20261007-121343.webp
 
Fun fact: the 3 horizontal lines are known as the "hamburger" menu and its been the standard for mobile devices for about 17 years.
 
I haven't tried the mobil version, I just use that for the forum 70 section and the like. I am writing this from my lap top. when I go to classified I see the screen shots you posted but I don't know how to find the olive thing?
Circled in RED....

Classifieds-IH8MUD-Forum-Toyota-Lexus-Off-Road-Community-2026-10-07_02_11_PM.webp
 
how do you change those to 70 series or diesel or?
for diesel, you could use the Categories menu, then select Parts > Engine > Diesel

OR, you could use the Filter dropdown, discussed in this post above - Filter also allows sorting by Prefix (Ie: 70-series)



 
Back
Top Bottom