New 2011 LX570 issues (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some not bad news. Finally got hold of the tech at Lexus and he said the timing cover is just seeping, not leaking. I think I will wait on replacing and take that money for some wheels and tires.

Some not bad news. Finally got hold of the tech at Lexus and he said the timing cover is just seeping, not leaking. I think I will wait on replacing and take that money for some wheels and tires.
I HATE oil leaks, and for now I’m letting this one ride. It is a ton of work.. and for now manageable between oil changes by doing a good degreaser soak down at each one. In 5k miles only a few drops make it all the way down to the skid, but the front left side of the engine gets a decent coat.

I HATE oil leaks, and for now I’m letting this one ride. It is a ton of work.. and for now manageable between oil changes by doing a good degreaser soak down at each one. In 5k miles only a few drops make it all the way down to the skid, but the front left side of the engine gets a decent coat.

Were all these oil leaks addressed on later years?

Were all these oil leaks addressed on later years?
I wouldn’t characterize it as “all these oil leaks” since most users here don’t seem to have problems with them.
But to answer your question we’ll have to wait until more newer trucks have significant mileage on them to get an answer.

Reactions: HGB
Finally got repairs completed. Radiator, rear main seal, pulley and tensioner. I skipped on timing chain gasket as it was barely wet, and wanted to spend that money elsewhere. Went ahead with replacing starter, thermostat, and water pump. So $3,500 later it is on to building.

New thread coming for the build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom