Need help finding taller gears (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can’t seem to find anyone that makes taller gears for the 80 series, tons of shorter gears, basically I’m trying to lower my RPMs at highway speeds but can’t find any

Rubber overdrive

^^^^^

What size tires are you running?
is stock 29", you can go to 33" tires.

Rubber overdrive
I second this. Easy to do, and much easier to revert compared to axle or TC gears in case the effects are not as desired.

There is 3.73 ratio gear sets out there, the australian and JDM 80 series often had them from what I remember.

Sumo makes 10% OD T-case gears.

You can also do 3.54 axle gears

I’m running a Duramax and a 4l80 transmission, at 75mph I’m sitting around 2500rpm which is high for the duramax, I have the power to move the land cruiser so I don’t need the rpm
My 04 Duramax has 4:10 gears installed and 33's. Runs all over the country towing a trailer just fine. It puts it back to stock gearing. I am sure you are not going to hurt the engine but you do not weigh as much either. I would not be scared to just run it. I would be more afraid of blowing up the axles.

I’m running a Duramax and a 4l80 transmission, at 75mph I’m sitting around 2500rpm which is high for the duramax, I have the power to move the land cruiser so I don’t need the rpm
You have the wrong transmission, you 4L80 is not geared for your set up, you can get some 3.54 gears from Australia or the Sumo with the over drive gears, you really should have used the Allison :bang: :flipoff2::flipoff2:,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom