Need help designing an ad for Trails for our swap meet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

iptman

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey everyone,

I'd like to get an ad in Toyota Trails for our swap meet September 23rd. We can get a half page ad free for the next 3 issues but I need to get it in within the next 2 weeks. As long as we can get someone to commit to doing this I'll ask Stan to reserve a spot for us. Please post up if you have the ability and cycles to tackle this project. I don't think we need to be fancy, just get the date in print and what we're doing.

Here's the size guide.
Ad Spec Sizes.jpg

I guess I didn't think about going professional but that's a good idea if we don't have a club member who can do it.

I can give it a go... yeah, it looks like the A Team made it.

I need input as to what what we should put in the ad. I can change the fonts and layout, but i need feedback.
So let's hear it.
TT ad (1).PNG

Do we have "corporate sponsors / sellers"

Start time, finish time, option to camp out Saturday night? Food and drink sales by us. Cost for selling, or if free we should say so? No entry fee for buyers.

We should probably hold off on putting camping in there since I haven't formally asked. I think it will not be a problem, since I'll be a member this year. If we run the ad bare bones now, can we add things to The ad closer to the date?

I think the Ad should be titled Swamp Meet and Off-road truck show or something along those lines. We don't want to alienate anyone who doesn't feel they have junk to swap, or discourage non-Landcruiser drivers from joining in. Ultimately the Overland Community might be our bigger draw than cruiser heads. A lot more of them out there.

Who has the good quality CLCC logos? I just talked to a friend of mine who's a graphic designer and he's willing to arrange the ad. So if someone can get me the high res logo I'll kick it over to him along with some copy and he'll get started.

I just heard from Stan and we need to get the ad sent in to him by the 22nd.

Last edited:
How's this for the copy....

Capital Land Cruiser Club's 2nd Annual
Toyota 4x4 Swap Meet & Truck Show

Saturday September 23rd, 2017

Lincolnia Park Recreational Club
6501 Montrose Street
Alexandria, VA 22312

All Toyota 4x4s and Overlanders are welcome
Show off your rig and sell your junk
Vendors welcome
Attendance is FREE

Grounds open at 9am
Event starts at 10am

BBQ, burgers and drinks will be sold by CLCC
BYOB

Sellers and vendors contact fj40@capitallandcruiserclub.org to reserve your space

For more info visit [URL='http://www.capitallandcruiserclub.org/swapmeet']www.capitallandcruiserclub.org/swapmeet[/URL]

Last edited:
How's this for the copy....

Capital Land Cruiser Club's 2nd Annual
Toyota 4x4 Swap Meet & Truck Show

Saturday September 23rd, 2017

Lincolnia Park Recreational Club
6501 Montrose Street
Alexandria, VA 22312

All Toyota 4x4s and Overlanders are welcome
Show off your rig and sell your junk
Vendors welcome
Attendance is FREE

Grounds open at 9am
Event starts at 10am

BBQ, burgers and drinks will be sold by CLCC
BYOB

Sellers and vendors contact fj40@capitallandcruiserclub.org to reserve your space

www.capitallandcruiserclub.org

Looks good... how about instead of just putting our Web address, how about: " Additional event info and updates at www.capitallandcruiserclub.org/swapmeet"
Of course, we'll need to populate a webs page, but that's what @emorth is for, right?

Now I know what I'm for. :)

Web page is already there with links to pdf & docx flyers. The times are different than the ones above. It's kind of a basic web page. If anyone has pics of last year 's swap meet I can add them.

Let me know about the times and any other changes you want. I will add overlanding.

Got the logo and updated the URL in the copy. Anyone have any issue with a 10am start time? I figured if we have a later start time that would give out of towners more time to get here. Hopefully we can convince some of the Keystone folks to come join in the fun.

If anyone has any good pics of trucks with not many people in it from last year's swap meet let me know. I gave my guy one off the other thread that I thought might work and a couple pictures of my 40 for a background but I think a good one showing several of the trucks from last year would be good. Or maybe no back ground? IDK.

Ok guys....what do you think? Look at the PDF to see more accurate color representation.

LandCruiserAd1 copy.jpg

Attachments

• LandCruiserAd1 copy.pdf
    327.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Looks good Patrick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom