NC LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brown Santa showed up this morning.:bounce: Based on my understanding of the Blue Sea Relay I'll be able to connect this charger to one battery and it will open to allow both batteries to be charged.
IMG_3958.JPG

I spent some time yesterday mounting the fuse box and solar controller in place. I needed to fit the solar controller and fuse box in a 5"x7" area so I made a small bracket and raised the controller 2.25". This gives me plenty of space to route the wires. Raising the controller will also make it easier to access the Dual USB's and a 12v button to turn power on. Im going to use this button to power a light above the fuse box.

To cover the hole I've cut, I've ordered a access panel with the out side dimensions of 9.1"x7" with a door that measures 5"x7". It should be here today, so fingers crossed I measured correctly.

Made a order for some 50amp Anderson connections too. Im going to use them for the fridge and add another one to power a compressor in the future.
IMG_3959.JPG

IMG_3960.JPG

With the plastic panel back in place, I can easily stick my hand in and remove the fuse box cover easily to access the fuses.
IMG_3961.JPG

Last edited:
Love this Austin!

I thought about seeing if you needed "help" this weekend (i.e. I would watch, hold your beer, etc), but we have the new dog and Son had Prom and I got roped into a trip to the Mall, etc. . . .plus Saturday was filled with my own issues with the dual battery system :)

Love this Austin!

I thought about seeing if you needed "help" this weekend (i.e. I would watch, hold your beer, etc), but we have the new dog and Son had Prom and I got roped into a trip to the Mall, etc. . . .plus Saturday was filled with my own issues with the dual battery system :)
Lol. I thought about seeing if you needed "help" also. You have a new dog and I was watching a two year old. Pretty much the same thing right? Both don't listen and are learning where to pee at. They could play and we could both drink beer. :beer::hmm:

Few more small updates. Still not finish but its taking shape. Received the plastic access door and was able to get it mounted. It worked perfectly as planned and my measurements were spot on.
IMG_3963.JPG

I also finally decided on an Inverter. I went with a 750 watt bought locally with a 2 year warranty. The measurements were within what I needed and when looking at what I actually use, 750 should be fine.

The wiring has started. Cruiser OCD has set in, Shrink wrap on everything and every connection is crimped ad soldered. I have a lot of random lengths from other projects so a lot of the wiring is over kill but its better to be to big than to small. Wiring is laid out as...
- 4 gauge ground to the frame.
- 4 gauge power from the house battery.
- 4 gauge to the inverter.
- 8 gauge to the extra anderson connector. ( Plug for a portable compressor)
-10 gauge to the fridge anderson connection.
-10 gauge to 2 12volt power plugs.

IMG_3985.JPG

Space was limited, so I had to mount the LCD screen for the inverter on the inside of the door. When ever Im using inverter I can just open the panel door and keep an eye on it.

IMG_3986.JPG

IMG_3987.JPG

IMG_3988.JPG

I am impressed with your work. Neat, thorough and out of the way.

Nice work Austin!!

Edit: You've got me thinking about how to better manage my board in the back :)

Mounted the Anderson connectors yesterday.

IMG_4067.JPG

The gray one is 10 awg and the Red connector is 8 awg.

IMG_4070.JPG
IMG_4071.JPG

Depending on which way I have the fridge I can use either connector. My thoughts for the red Anderson connector was to have power for accessories easily accessible. Plans are to run a compressor of this plug.

Also installed some LED lighting.

IMG_4072.JPG

After months of reading, asking others questions, studying and research I finally feel like I can make a educated decision. I have some small updates and one bigger one. About 2.5" to be exact. 251/260 are on the way!

I have been thinking about what springs to run for months. I kept going back and forth between what looks cool vs what is practical for what I use my vehicle for. Driving back after Hurricane creek going around the curvy mountain roads with the horrible handling and slower speeds as I was passed by others and watching the other cruisers disappear in the distance, I knew it was time.

They should be here Friday.:clap:

For smaller updates: Duracell House battery from Batteries plus was replace under warranty on Thursday 6/2/17. Battery tested good but voltage was dropping to 11.9 after 24 hours. After this weekend, I never saw it drop below 12.5.

Also to increase the life of my new house battery, I finally mounted the 4 amp NOCO charger. I bent some scrap 22ga, welded it to the battery tie down welded some 1/4 bolts for mounting. Fits in the spot really well.
IMG_4381.JPG

and Finally, I think I have the only carnage from Hurricane creek this past weekend. Pretty sure I have a bad brass bearing in my passenger spindle. So after 2 months, back into the knuckle. At least I can touch up my pretty red paint.

Pictures and updates to come.

Last edited:
Maintenance Update
6/7/2017 251,694
Oil Change Rotella 15w-40
U-Joints/ F&R Driveshafts Greased​

6/12/2017 251,865
OME 251/260 Installed. 30mm left in front but 30mm Removed from the Rear. Measurement below of before/after. Taken from the center of the hub to bottom of the flare. Gained 1.75" in the Front with the OME 251. Rear 260 Gained closer to 3.5" over the factory rear coils.​

Before FL- 20.75" FR-20.75" RL-20.5" RR-20.5"
After FL-22.5" FR-22.5" RL-23" RR-22.75"​

Maintenance Update
6/7/2017 251,694
Oil Change Rotella 15w-40
U-Joints/ F&R Driveshafts Greased​

6/12/2017 251,865
OME 251/260 Installed. 30mm left in front but 30mm Removed from the Rear. Measurement below of before/after. Taken from the center of the hub to bottom of the flare. Gained 1.75" in the Front with the OME 251. Rear 260 Gained closer to 3.5" over the factory rear coils.​

Before FL- 20.75" FR-20.75" RL-20.5" RR-20.5"
After FL-22.5" FR-22.5" RL-23" RR-22.75"​
Awesome!!!! How does it feel?

Awesome!!!! How does it feel?
Haven't even driven it yet, Just moved it out of the way. I need to change the front bushings. I have the TJM 2.5degree rubber bushings waiting to be pressed in.

My first impressions(besides the look) are:
-How much easier it will be to Buckle Isla in her seat now. I think I hit her head every time I lean over to put her in.
-Only 2" but wow it makes a big difference climbing underneath to check something.
I may have to take it on a test drive later.

My first impressions(besides the look) are:
-How much easier it will be to Buckle Isla in her seat now. I think I hit her head every time I lean over to put her in.
-Only 2" but wow it makes a big difference climbing underneath to check something.
Yes. I bang my head on the unlifted LX450 a lot. Sometimes it isn't even for fun. :bang:;) The grab handles get me every time.

Yes. Changing the oil was not fun after being used to lifted trucks.

Well fellas I come to you tonight a changed man. Webster defines luxury as “something adding to pleasure or comfort ,” or “an indulgence that provides pleasure, satisfaction or ease.” According to that definition we are a luxury Toyota club. Everyone of us falls into that category.

I finally took Frank the LX on a drive this evening, with the new springs it is the precise definition of luxury. The difference is nothing short of amazing! I felt my self driving with my nose a little higher tempted to roll down my window asking for fancy mustard. But seriously, Ive never raised a vehicle and the ride and handling improved.

Before with LX springs I had the Valves on the shocks at 8 in the front and 9 in the rear. Currently I have it set to 4 in the front and 5 in the rear. Honestly it drives better and feels tighter even with out the castor correction bushings. I'm :bang:thinking why didn't I do this the first week I had it!

Before 285's 30mm F/R
IMG_4392.JPG

Dude, nice!! Pics!!!
For you Mr President. Snapped a quick pick. Bad angle, It sits more level than the picture looks.
After 285's Front has 30mm spacer and OME 251 Springs. Dual Batteries and a winch. Rear is the OME 260 with drawer and Fridge.
IMG_4390.JPG

Last edited:
I love how on HC you were saying "Man, I need a lift" then you had one installed a week later. Love the drive you have!!

Offer still stands on the bushings. Buy the tool and bring your truck over, we can knock that out in a few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom