Builds My VDJ71 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
20171017_162232.jpg

Nice truck! My dream SWB 70 series!

Would love to see more pictures. Engine bay, under neath the front and back, etc.

We don't get the SWB in Australia just the 4 door wagon and troopie but a few people have grafted the sheetmetal on to older Bunderas and the like - looks the same !!

The SWB is only available in the middle east and have seen them available in Germany. All LHD.
The new 2017 models have either the 4,0V6 (GRJ71) or 1HZ (HDJ71)

My vehicle started life as a BJ70. I took a 2016 V8 76 as a donor vehicle and built all across including the chassis to fit the v8.
Safety specs are the same as a 76 with ABS front and rear disk brakes, The new dash was also fitted.

The SWB is only available in the middle east and have seen them available in Germany. All LHD.
The new 2017 models have either the 4,0V6 (GRJ71) or 1HZ (HDJ71)

My vehicle started life as a BJ70. I took a 2016 V8 76 as a donor vehicle and built all across including the chassis to fit the v8.
Safety specs are the same as a 76 with ABS front and rear disk brakes, The new dash was also fitted.

Incredible project! Would love to see as many pictures of your project as possible.

Did you have to widen the BJ70 frame to fit the engine? Or weld the front section of the VDJ76 frame to the BJ70 frame?

^^^^^^ Agreed. Please more information about the swap and the level of complexity involved.

This is amazing work. That thing is probably a rocket ship compared to a shorty with a 2L-T or a 3B or a even a 13B-T iteration.

Manual transmission? H151F? I hope not the R151F.

Great work.

I used the frame from the V8 76 and shortened it. It had to be the wider frame for the engine to fit. This also gave me coils up front and by using the 76 axles I now have factory lockers on both axles.
I had to replace the BJ70 firewall with a new V8 firewall to make sure everything fitted in the correct place.

That is impressive! Probably the only one in the world.

remarkable .!!!

I would keep it a MWB personally .. but gotta take my hat of with the amount of craftsmanship involved ..

Wow...this truck is amazing.

Hello,

Amazing truck.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom