My first Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Heh never say never. Ive seen the pics of you wheeling!

....:lol:

http://youtu.be/YWvs2QDgYv8

Sucks you only had one Longfield in there. :(

11111111111111111.jpg

Since i couldnt make heads or tails of the instruction email i got from Alex at Chilkat, he sent me some pictures. It was a lot less cool in my head haha.

Look at those levers and s***!

But of course, mine looks a lot better than bare metal because... PURPLE :D

SSSSSS...

...EEEEEEE...

...XXXXXXXX...

...YYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron and Smoking Gun (ACC's in-house powder coating shop) did an AWESOME job on these little parts. If only i had the patience to give them my axle housings for a few weeks to paint woodgrain LOL!

If i didnt have to wait on this Loooooongfield birf (and i also figured id snag a pair of knuckle lifetime wiper seals), the axle swap would be finished this weekend but now... idk when :crybaby:

Happy Thanksgiving
:cheers:

Ohhhh man those are so cool

Ich möchte Luft Schließfächer! lila ... nur schwarze Menschen wie lila

:)

Baller color. Reminds me of...

tumblr_m7zwncbyn41qalk92.gif

Last edited:
Vielen dank!!!!!! Meine lieblingsfarbe ist lila!!!!!!!! ;)

Ich weiß! Die schwule Liebe Lila! Sehr männlich! Lassen Sie mich wissen, wenn Sie sie installieren ich kann durch schwingen, da alle Bienen tot sind. Ich werde das Bier bringen.

Ich weiß! Die schwule Liebe Lila! Sehr männlich! Lassen Sie mich wissen, wenn Sie sie installieren ich kann durch schwingen, da alle Bienen tot sind. Ich werde das Bier bringen.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :flipoff2:
I will let you know. Ill need all the help i can get with moving these axles. And Ill just let you keep believing all the bees are dead... LOL!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :flipoff2: I will let you know. Ill need all the help i can get with moving these axles. And Ill just let you keep believing all the bees are dead... LOL!

I bet you store 10 of them in the winter for when people like me come over. I'll have my bug spray handy. I guess no beer for you.

Great build man. Gotta say I love the 2 tone.

You are on the right track with the cable actuated locking axles. The number of times Ive been stuck behind and 80 series on the trail while the frantic "my lockers wont engage" call comes over the CB makes my blood boil. I feel those silly overpriced electric motors have no business on an axle. (rant over)

Keep up the good work and never loose the wood! LOL.

I bet you store 10 of them in the winter for when people like me come over. I'll have my bug spray handy. I guess no beer for you.

Yeah, they all just sort of stay in the hive. probably having a mass bee orgy or something :confused:

Great build man. Gotta say I love the 2 tone.

You are on the right track with the cable actuated locking axles. The number of times Ive been stuck behind and 80 series on the trail while the frantic "my lockers wont engage" call comes over the CB makes my blood boil. I feel those silly overpriced electric motors have no business on an axle. (rant over)

Keep up the good work and never loose the wood! LOL.

Thank you! Still in awe of your build though :cheers:
Ive been lucky enough to not have a many people with e locked trucks hold me up (mostly newer trucks that havent had time to rust the inside of the actuator and fail :p) , and i sure as s*** dont want to be the one blocking their path haha.
And this wood is everlasting... ladies :hmm: :ban:

So after PMing GLTHFJ60 today about these damn electric actuators, I decided to hunker down and figure out how to see if they work so that i can try and get some tire money for them.

And usual, i was over thinking the 9V battery test and in my head it was infinitely more difficult than in real life..

So for anyone 80 series 9.5" e lockers in the future and wants to ensure that the actuator works, heres what you do.

Supplies:
-one brand new 9V battery, two pieces of scrap wire, and your actuators.

Steps:
1. Connect the two wires to the + and - terminals on the battery.

2. Find the 2 thick dark green wire prongs on the actuator fusible link.

3. Tap the + and - wires on the battery to the two green wire prongs.
DO NOT hold the battery to the actuator prongs for too long, it could mess up the actuator.

If you're lucky, you'll either see this (moving into the locked position)...
(it wont let me inbed the video so you have to click the link)

"80 series actuator test"

OR, you'll see the pin being sucked in (moving into the unlocked position).

If you want to move the pin in and out, switch the two prongs the + and - battery terminals are touching, but remember, very short taps.

Last edited:
Good work :D

Thanks! And thanks also for the answer to my question this morning! you dumbed it down just enough for me understand what you were telling me :cheers::cheers:

Thanks! And thanks also for the answer to my question this morning! you dumbed it down just enough for me understand what you were telling me :cheers::cheers:

No problem man, glad to help!

i like the way this is going!
did my own homebrew setup, using the original hj61 cable actuator, kept it dead simple with a 7x series handbrake as a lever. never failed on me, and later i hooked up a signal light to the pressure switch.

i had to file down my teeth on the collar a bit, as i probably engaged the locker with too much skinny pedal. still worked, just took a few extra seconds to engage.
after i hooked up the "GO light" i take it slow until the locker is confirmed engaged.

a gritty video here: http://youtu.be/AD4FpHr38WE

i like the way this is going!
did my own homebrew setup, using the original hj61 cable actuator, kept it dead simple with a 7x series handbrake as a lever. never failed on me, and later i hooked up a signal light to the pressure switch.

i had to file down my teeth on the collar a bit, as i probably engaged the locker with too much skinny pedal. still worked, just took a few extra seconds to engage.
after i hooked up the "GO light" i take it slow until the locker is confirmed engaged.

a gritty video here: http://youtu.be/AD4FpHr38WE

Thats really cool! i like that your lever is out of the way and it doesn't have this huge box connected to it like mine haha. And id really like some pressure lights like yours that remind me that the lockers are engaged, as if id forget hahaha.

im planning on retiring my ammo box center console and replacing it with a smaller tuffy so theres a little more real estate on the trans hump for these two contraptions to live. i wish i could sort of sink them into the floor, but ill settle with cutting small holes in the front of the tuffy to slide them into... think car being parked half in, half out of a garage.

You should mount them on the ceiling in an overhead console.

Controls on ceilings are always cool:

image-2424231012.jpg

image-2424231012.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom