Builds My 40 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now that looks like some good vacuum. :cheers:
JP

Fresh well used seat covers installed.

The bad, kinda dirty and a couple of holes.

The good, way more comfortable than the new GMC canyon all terrain seats. No idea who designs GM's seats but he had to be in charge of Ford's Edsel, Pontiac's Aztec and then head of quality control of Yugo.

Last edited:
those seats look Dam nice!! :cheers:
JP

Wheels and Tires,

Talked to local tire guy about standard load 265/75-16 and 32x11.50r15 tires. Well there is not much available in 15". Looked around for some 16" wheels that accept stock hubcaps. Then looked at having center cut out of new toyota 15" wheels. No matter how it's done it's close to 2K. The 13" gold spoke Dayton's are looking better everyday.

100-spokes.jpg

A/T tires. The tires are on hold until I get the wheels figured out. Wanted to use stock wheels and hubcaps but the expense of getting them modded to 16x8 is more than I will pay. So any wheel in a 16x7 or 16x8 size is a possible choice. Found this pic in another post. It's a 295/75r16 on a 8" rim. Most likely I will get these wheels.

Wife was setting in the drivers seat the other day. Said the steering wheel was in the right spot for her. All the pedals were good also. She then looked at me and asked, when are you going to paint this.

Last edited:
I remember seeing a post where a guy took those wheels, and the moon hubcaps that go on them and modded them. He cut the flange off the moon hubcap and welded it to the toyota hub caps. That is what I plan to do.

I don't know if I would put hub caps on the smoothie wheels. I think they look really good naked. Especially on a 40.

Still have one more place that might be affordable to do the wheels. I have a set of 15" chrome spoke wheels but they are rusty. Probably 10 white spoke wheels but only 3 matching ones that are good. Do I just buy 32x11.50r15 and install on the chrome wheels or buy a set of 16" wheels and P265/75r16 A/T tires. Decisions.....

My mom was over today. Took her for a drive. First time I drove it on the highway. Was quite the trip. Went about 10 miles. Will be ditching the T-case with straight cut gears sometime. Absolutely no way to carry on a conversation with the noise. Maybe that's normal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom