My 05 LX470 build thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have another key? It can be FOB issue.
Tried that one.. Same with both the factory and the yoda Md.

Just did sparks, oil, fuel filter. So it’s not that. No codes, electric working. thinking it’s not getting any gas…. Going to get a fuel relay after work and try that. $15 shot.

Tried that one.. Same with both the factory and the yoda Md.

Just did sparks, oil, fuel filter. So it’s not that. No codes, electric working. thinking it’s not getting any gas…. Going to get a fuel relay after work and try that. $15 shot.
ICE generally may have only 2 issues:
Nothing to burn (no fuel)
Nothing to start burn (no spark)
Pull out a couple of spark plugs.
If they dry, coffee with a lots of milk color - you do not have fuel.
If they are wet - no spark.

ICE generally may have only 2 issues:
Nothing to burn (no fuel)
Nothing to start burn (no spark)
Pull out a couple of spark plugs.
If they dry, coffee with a lots of milk color - you do not have fuel.
If they are wet - no spark.
Wasn’t the relay.

Could I have botched the shark plug install? I’ll open it up later in the week.

I’m thinking fuel pump. It stopped choking now. Just turns and no crank. It must have been using up the last of the fuel there.

I’m thinking fuel pump. It stopped choking now. Just turns and no crank. It must have been using up the last of the fuel there.
When fuel pumps stop it is often due to the pump motor stopping on a bad brush. You can try whacking the tank with a mallet and try to crank it. This can sometimes get the pump started again and get you moving. While it is a very temporary fix, it could help isolate the issue to the pump.

When fuel pumps stop it is often due to the pump motor stopping on a bad brush. You can try whacking the tank with a mallet and try to crank it. This can sometimes get the pump started again and get you moving. While it is a very temporary fix, it could help isolate the issue to the pump.
Where exactly are you whacking - I’ll try it

Same - MIL is “official” name for check engine bulb.
Oh I see. OBD2 has no codes being thrown. Going to try and hit it with a hammer. If it starts I’m going to attempt to drive it home the half mile.

Hammer didn’t work. Still not throwing any codes. Abandoning it in a parking lot for now. Where is the most convenient fuel line access up front? I’ll spray some starter in there to see if they gives it a moment of life

Oh I see. OBD2 has no codes being thrown. Going to try and hit it with a hammer. If it starts I’m going to attempt to drive it home the half mile.
Interesting. There are codes for pump electrical, so it should trigger it.
You can try to go under the truck, use stethoscope (or a wood dowel long enough) to listen if the pump starts. You’ll need a help to turn the key into ignition position while you are under a truck. If it starts, you probably have stenosis somewhere in the pipe or in the pump’s intake (guessing…)

Interesting. There are codes for pump electrical, so it should trigger it.
You can try to go under the truck, use stethoscope (or a wood dowel long enough) to listen if the pump starts. You’ll need a help to turn the key into ignition position while you are under a truck. If it starts, you probably have stenosis somewhere in the pipe or in the pump’s intake (guessing…)
Come to think of it. I used a different fob this morning that I never use. I tried the one I usually use post issue, and no change. I can always try the valet key but I don’t see that working.

After looking into it, fuel pump doesn’t seem like a terrible job. And may have a positive effect on my fuel economy (should it run)….

What are the other things it could be?

Rim where the dust seal for upper (on the picture) cylinder is sitting is completely rusted out. If this is the case you need a new caliper assembly. It will fail, it is not matter of “if”, but “when”: sand already in between piston and cylinder.

Why it is wet? Is it already leaking brake fluid?! All the way to the pads and disk?!

By no means I’m not an expert, but I strongly advise not to take truck on the road before you fix it, it is way too dangerous.

It is very strange that pep boy did not tell you this - for them it is liability.
I WOULD GROUND THE TRUCK THE SECOND I SEE IT, assess the rest of the wheels, and, if conditions are the same, would bite the bullet and buy all 4 new from Toyota (Lexus). It may be over a 1K total, but cheaper than shop.
You must inspect brake lines too, especially coils going from body to the chassis.
You must take it to professionals for the final verdict, especially if you consider other options but ground the vehicle.
+1

Get that taken care of stat. Whoa 😳

Edit, never mind it was an older post, but whoa.

Do you have another key? It can be FOB issue.
Mine did a similar thing last weekend. I switched keys and it started right up.

Both of my keys are aftermarket replacements. Thinking maybe the chip in one of them failed.

Yours tries to start just that little bit though. Mine wasn't doing that.

Mine did a similar thing last weekend. I switched keys and it started right up.

Both of my keys are aftermarket replacements. Thinking maybe the chip in one of them failed.

Yours tries to start just that little bit though. Mine wasn't doing that.
Mine stopped trying to start after it ran out of gas. Tried a second key this morning. Will try the valet key later. Fuel pump likely suspect.

Could always take the input pipe to the fuel filer and insert it into an empty bottle and turn it over for a couple of seconds to see if it is pumping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom