"MUST HAVE" breather extension fail guy is back with a surprise.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
I recently stumbled upon this guy's profile on Instagram and was surprised when I clicked on it. I saw that he plans to do a solid axle swap to his 100 series LC, swapping in salvaged front & rear 80 series axles w/lockers. I will let that sink in for a bit........Anyways, here's the video he posted about it, the disassembly was quite comical.

Land Cruiser 100 Series Solid Axle Swap Pt.1

Does this guy know about the Mud community at all? I don't mean to call you out if you're out there, I just figured you should start a build thread. His other project is a 1969 Porsche 912 complete restoration. Sooo......thoughts??

The part of the video with the toddler playing behind the poorly supported vehicle, is pretty sketchy

The part of the video with the toddler playing behind the poorly supported vehicle, is pretty sketchy
You mean the block of wood supporting only one side with his neighbor inside and his child behind is dangerous?

Using both 80 axles has been done. Generally best when done safely by knowledgeable folks but it's been done.

More $$ than sense it seems. Should be titled: how to ruin a well engineered 100.

Putting an 80 rear axle on a 100 would be a step backwards: lower strength-GVWR and narrower.

they looked narrow... I'm.guessing spacers or hub extenders can fix that..... Possibly even using a hub spacer with a lugnut setup that allows various offsets and wheel choices

I miss having a garage of my own.

Digging the neighbor's slippers too!!

Not impressed with his work, or his work in other vids. [edited to remove an unkind personal comment, that I shouldn't have made in the first place]

Last edited:
me either wood is risky and having a kid around makes that careless... Wtf go get some jack stands... Damn shade tree mechanic.. Seems everyone thinks they're mister video now a days.. I seen some sketchy ass videos and people use then to do things on their vehicles... Lol

me either wood is risky and having a kid around makes that careless... Wtf go get some jack stands... Damn shade tree mechanic.. Seems everyone thinks they're mister video now a days.. I seen some sketchy ass videos and people use then to do things on their vehicles... Lol

Its frustrating too because hes obviously trying to establish himself as a knowledgeable source for 100 series projects. Then he sets such a horrible example. I fear less knowledgeable people will watch his videos and think his practices are appropriate. I commented suggesting stands, boots, and safety glasses and he came back with excuses. Hopefully people stumble upon this site before his channel.

Last edited:
I fear less knowledgeable people will watch his videos and think his practices are appropriate.
While I don't want to let him near my rig, my first thought was "huh, seems like it would be fun to jet down to Sac and figure this kid out over a beer". :meh:

I agree with all of the above--particularly in regard to publicizing poor safety practices--but let's all consider that this guy may (hopefully) end up reaching out to the forum here. It would be unfortunate if he was alienated because we thrashed him too hard while he wasn't here to defend himself.

I commented suggesting that he check us out. He said he is aware of the MUD community but is not a member, however, now that he is starting an SAS project he will become a member in the near future

Using both 80 axles has been done. Generally best when done safely by knowledgeable folks but it's been done.

Yep, I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

That 80 looks like a kick ass motorless go cart though!! I wonder what the weight was before he pulled the axles? Looks like the coils were at full height!! hahaha

Loving the fact that there is another SAS going on for the 100 series. I inquired about what suspension setup he'll go with in the front.

I agree with all of the above--particularly in regard to publicizing poor safety practices--but let's all consider that this guy may (hopefully) end up reaching out to the forum here. It would be unfortunate if he was alienated because we thrashed him too hard while he wasn't here to defend himself.
see this is the cool thing about this forum, none of you (well hopefully) are trolls or jerk offs that always joke around on a particular member and make it personal Ive dealt with that s*** on audi forums and other forums but here people are more older i guess or just dont wanna deal with that kind of BS which I like.. thats great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom