For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

Mine is definitely worth $50+k if people are paying these prices for Cruisers like that. 🕺🏿

Cheers
That one had some rust underneath too. I thought that it would finally buck the upward trend until the last two minutes. Went up $11k in the last few minutes. So sky's the limit these days, a real feeding frenzy.

I'm thinking if gas prices go over the top again, it will come back down a little. Another reason for the inflation on prices is that people are looking for appreciating assets to hold on to instead of holding on to cash. The dollar's value is dropping rapidly these days, so a landcruiser in the garage will be more valuable than the same money in the bank in the near future.

For giggles if we're playing the "what's my Cruiser worth?" game...

Collector's Edition triple-locked Dark Emerald Pearl over Oak (1 of 9 in this configuration, potential 1 of 1 with no roof rack from factory so says the internet). ~175k miles
Scheel-Mann seats, OME BP-51 suspension with new bushings, ARB front and rear bumpers with Come Up winch with synthetic line, swingout with 315 BFG KM3s, Metaltech sliders, zero rust, all original glass, still have factory seats and CE floor mats, brand new OEM carpet set in the closet, list goes on... My new drawer system from South Africa actually just landed in port today and hoping to receive in the next couple weeks.

All maintenance is up to date (and about to change all mechanical fluids - oil, transmission, transfer case, and differentials - even though they were done just a couple thousand miles ago). Within the last maybe 2k miles... All new ignition (plugs, wires, distributor), top end gaskets, rubbers, hoses, filters, PCV, new brakes, ABS sensors, knuckles rebuilt, wheel seals, radiator and coolant system redone with new fan too, new starter, A/C rebuilt, new headlight assemblies, the list keeps going...

I'd have to go take a look, but my spreadsheet has got ~$25k in just parts without the truck (no labor). Granted, a chunk of that was done by the previous owner (well known member on here).

Again, not looking to sell. I'm having a hoot with it with as little as I drive it. Just interested what the market is for a truck like this.

Collector's Edition triple-locked Dark Emerald Pearl over Oak (1 of 9 in this configuration, potential 1 of 1 with no roof rack from factory so says the internet). ~175k miles
Scheel-Mann seats, OME BP-51 suspension with new bushings, ARB front and rear bumpers with Come Up winch with synthetic line, swingout with 315 BFG KM3s, Metaltech sliders, zero rust, all original glass, still have factory seats and CE floor mats, brand new OEM carpet set in the closet, list goes on... My new drawer system from South Africa actually just landed in port today and hoping to receive in the next couple weeks.

All maintenance is up to date (and about to change all mechanical fluids - oil, transmission, transfer case, and differentials - even though they were done just a couple thousand miles ago). Within the last maybe 2k miles... All new ignition (plugs, wires, distributor), top end gaskets, rubbers, hoses, filters, PCV, new brakes, ABS sensors, knuckles rebuilt, wheel seals, radiator and coolant system redone with new fan too, new starter, A/C rebuilt, new headlight assemblies, the list keeps going...

I'd have to go take a look, but my spreadsheet has got ~$25k in just parts without the truck (no labor). Granted, a chunk of that was done by the previous owner (well known member on here).

Again, not looking to sell. I'm having a hoot with it with as little as I drive it. Just interested what the market is for a truck like this.

Definitely one of the solid 80 builds on a very clean rig of the past few years!

I would like to see how the current market would react to the aftermarket improvements and the impact on the value, favorably in my book since those are improvements that can and would be used.

Were you able to find a breakdown of 97‘ 80 series by color published somewhere? That would certainly be neat information to have!

I'm not selling but what's my truck worth exactly?
Because I might sell if its worth a lot.
Have you seen this site called BaT?
My truck is special.
UNIQUE ONE OF A FEW
NO Rust
TRIPLE 3X LOCKERS
I just want to know what you guys think I could get because I'm not selling but these sell for a lot now have you seen BaT?
DUDE
Especially my truck because it is unique and ALL Original.
FACTORY MANUAL seats.
NO Ro0f Rack!
D-Light !
Mirors N0 FLOP!
SAGLESS VISORS DUDE!
Haha yeah I'm not selling though I just want to know the specific amount someone would pay if I sold but I'm not selling because I love my truck but its worth a lot of money if you didn't realize that because of the FACTORY POOR PACK!
original WHEELS !
FACTORY ORIGINAL RE-SKIN UPHOLSTERY LEATHER
a SHIFT KNOB in the shape of A FACTORY OLD STYLE TOYOTA LOGO DUDE!!!
can you guys just tell me what its worth because i am keeping it?

Ugh, I was second in line to buy your truck from the guy in Oklahoma a couple years ago. Talk about a steal for around $10k. That was low even for back then. I’d say that you’re a fool if you ever sell it. It might as well be a free truck at this point.

Definitely one of the solid 80 builds on a very clean rig of the past few years!

I would like to see how the current market would react to the aftermarket improvements and the impact on the value, favorably in my book since those are improvements that can and would be used.

Were you able to find a breakdown of 97‘ 80 series by color published somewhere? That would certainly be neat information to have!
That’s more my approach here - continuing the conversation and interested to see what a “rare” truck that’s been modified brings. Not putting a fishing line out. Looks like I dug out the peanut gallery in the process ;)

The info pertaining to color was off a thread on here about the special edition trucks (40th and Collector’s). Within that thread was a breakdown of color and options. 6M1 K294 CE being the fewest made (9). I poke in there periodically hoping for a source just because I like the history, but no dice. I dug in deep with my M3 on that kind of info and found it to be a 1 of 1 car. Enthusiast in me just finds joy in the data.

Ugh, I was second in line to buy your truck from the guy in Oklahoma a couple years ago. Talk about a steal for around $10k. That was low even for back then. I’d say that you’re a fool if you ever sell it. It might as well be a free truck at this point.
Loving every mile! She’s been great...

Newby here but looking at 80’s for past couple years and am just kicking myself for sitting on the sidelines. I have an overbuilt JKUR (don’t bash me...it’s OME and ARB’d 2015 with 63K miles with Gobi), so I’ve been taking my time and now the pricing is crazy. Anyway, as a rough estimate, what are we seeing as far as the 91-92’s vs. 93-94’s vs 95-97’s in today’s world? Of course I’d love a 3x 95-97 with 125K miles, but those days past me by. I’m probably looking at 91-92 market or 93-94 maybe.

Thinking of selling the Jeep but looking back at the money spent it’s hard to do. I don’t think there’s many comparable 2015’s out there that has been fully synthetic and non ethanol since I picked it up with 6K miles 5 years ago. Anyway... I want an 80

This one is going to go for big money. Clicks all the boxes. Will it reach $47K?

This one is going to go for big money. Clicks all the boxes. Will it reach $47K?
I was thinking it would go for over 50k. It's just insane what these are going for in some cases. That guy basically bought a $42k truck in 1997 and will be selling it for more after using it for 24 years.

I was thinking it would go for over 50k. It's just insane what these are going for in some cases. That guy basically bought a $42k truck in 1997 and will be selling it for more after using it for 24 years.

When you take inflation into account, these things stickered for almost $80k back in 1997. They were very expensive vehicles just like the 200 series is today.

When you take inflation into account, these things stickered for almost $80k back in 1997. They were very expensive vehicles just like the 200 series is today.
right --- I saw a 21 on the dealer lot and had to stop in to check it out.......it was heritage edition in gray with the 3rd row $90,000. The last LC I bought was in 99, it was $54K and that included the fake wood trim, bug deflector and plastic wind deflector for the sunroof that were jammed on at the dealer...... I still own it, it never breaks, while I would rater be driving a FJ80, its amazing how well the 99 has held up . I may see if I can get some type of discount on the 21, but it feels like a big number and probably best to see what the next gen looks like?

right --- I saw a 21 on the dealer lot and had to stop in to check it out.......it was heritage edition in gray with the 3rd row $90,000. The last LC I bought was in 99, it was $54K and that included the fake wood trim, bug deflector and plastic wind deflector for the sunroof that were jammed on at the dealer...... I still own it, it never breaks, while I would rater be driving a FJ80, its amazing how well the 99 has held up . I may see if I can get some type of discount on the 21, but it feels like a big number and probably best to see what the next gen looks like?
Friend, There is no next gen. Better buy it now because this is your last shot at a new one.

I know this is off target of the thread, but we like the 80 because it's a toyota with all it's reliability/longevity and it's a 4X4 with solid axle front end. The prices they are getting in the US is getting crazy. If you're after capability what about a crew cab tundra with maybe a solid axle front conversion and ute bed. My 03' v8 tundra is wonderfully reliable comfortable and capable. It's only a few inches wider than a 80 series.?

I know this is off target of the thread, but we like the 80 because it's a toyota with all it's reliability/longevity and it's a 4X4 with solid axle front end. The prices they are getting in the US is getting crazy. If you're after capability what about a crew cab tundra with maybe a solid axle front conversion and ute bed. My 03' v8 tundra is wonderfully reliable comfortable and capable. It's only a few inches wider than a 80 series.?
There are lots of great alternatives, they just aren’t 80 series.

I personally have never seen an early Tundra on the trail and although they are great trucks, (I owned a cool 2001 Ivan Stewart TRD model) they are as soulless as a Camry by design.
You are probably correct, It is one of the nicest one on BaT in some time, definitely in the $40k’s!

All the talk of Land Cruisers being good investments of that era is true in the automotive sense, maybe second only to the last air cooled 911’s, but in the big picture we must remember both Amazon and eBay had IPO’s when 80 series were sold new. A new 80 series would have been $50kish, the same amount in Amazon in 97’ is about $70MM today, as they say, if I would have only known!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom