For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

Let’s hear it. Inquiring minds like to be informed, other than the fact they cost three times the price of an 80.

These do peak my interest, but a nice old Scrambler would be more my speed.

But then I'll out myself that I'm a Jeep guy! :worms:

I spec'd and ordered mine around July 2019 and took delivery that October for my 2020 Rubicon. This was pre-diesel, but I feel I would have ordered a diesel if it was available. I think I put about 10k miles on it or so. Within that timeframe, I had two steering boxes replaced, multiple software flashes, rear brakes replaced, HVAC that worked when it felt like it, lockers that sometimes engaged, infotainment would intermittently shut down...not sure that I want to go on.

Glad I negotiated such a good deal on the truck. I ended up selling to CarMax for about $1k less than I bought it for.

I also recently traded in my wife's Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 with about 40k miles. Transfer case grenaded (replaced under warranty thankfully), transmission started to slip, rain sensing wipers failed, stalled in traffic...

Moral of the story, older Jeeps are the only Jeeps worth having. I've had many YJ, TJ, XJ and those were all flawless. Once FCA started cramming poorly engineered tech into a budgeted box, things started to find the seams...

But then I'll out myself that I'm a Jeep guy! :worms:

I spec'd and ordered mine around July 2019 and took delivery that October for my 2020 Rubicon. This was pre-diesel, but I feel I would have ordered a diesel if it was available. I think I put about 10k miles on it or so. Within that timeframe, I had two steering boxes replaced, multiple software flashes, rear brakes replaced, HVAC that worked when it felt like it, lockers that sometimes engaged, infotainment would intermittently shut down...not sure that I want to go on.

Glad I negotiated such a good deal on the truck. I ended up selling to CarMax for about $1k less than I bought it for.

I also recently traded in my wife's Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 with about 40k miles. Transfer case grenaded (replaced under warranty thankfully), transmission started to slip, rain sensing wipers failed, stalled in traffic...

Moral of the story, older Jeeps are the only Jeeps worth having. I've had many YJ, TJ, XJ and those were all flawless. Once FCA started cramming poorly engineered tech into a budgeted box, things started to find the seams...
Holy sheep shat, you have had a horrible experience with your jeeps. Don't blame you one bit for never buying one again. First year gremlins reek havic. The first of the 2016 Tacoma's had tranny problems and everyone on Tacoma World went ballistic against the first year. Haven't heard any complaints on later years. Luckily, I haven't had bad issues with my 2013 JK w/ the 3.6 pentastar, but my '12 Tacoma 2.7 is starting to have valve tapping on start up with only 79k, so go figure.

Next up 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-toyota-land-cruiser-73/ at 24,500 with 1:39 to go today. They go huge during the last 10 minutes, I'm thinking $38K for final bid, we'll see.

After that the next 80 is 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-toyota-land-cruiser-23/ It's at $16k already with 178k miles and 5 days left.

It's heating up. 31,500 5 minutes left.

I’m guessing sub $30k. Fights on!
041F445E-6711-4F14-BFEB-CE14E68EA214.jpeg

That’s because they are illogical!
Prices are going up because the 80 series is literally one of the best vehicles ever made and for sure the best SUV hands down. Completely over engineered for what it was made for and for a fact, built to a higher standard than any other Toyota made. They hit rock bottom in the 2000’s and stayed at that point for a decade and a half. In that time, they became first cars for teenagers and totaled, they were used to get people to work in the dead of winter in the Midwest and northeast and got rusted to s***, and in the 30 years they’ve been around they have been used as daily transportation and got totaled to no fault of their own or their owners. That’s not even mentioning the plethora of trucks that have been parted out for no good reason in the classifieds section on mud that would otherwise be great candidates for restoration now (oops). Toyota sure as hell aren’t making any more of these things and there’s a lot less out there than were produced. These were very expensive trucks when new and it shouldn’t be a surprise to everyone that prices are on their way back up. On top of all of that, there have been people spending 6 figures on restorations for years at TLC 4X4 and now ICON. The 80 series has simply caught the eye of mainstream collectors. If gas prices go up, the people that can’t afford $100 full ups will be able to cash out on the uptick and just sell to collectors who have 4 car garages and don’t care how much a full up costs. In other words the 80 series is being gentrified 😂

It’s also the current state of our economy. Our housing prices are out of control and people are spending money like it’s going out of style. Remind anybody of recent times?

Prices are going up because the 80 series is literally one of the best vehicles ever made and for sure the best SUV hands down. Completely over engineered for what it was made for and for a fact, built to a higher standard than any other Toyota made. They hit rock bottom in the 2000’s and stayed at that point for a decade and a half. In that time, they became first cars for teenagers and totaled, they were used to get people to work in the dead of winter in the Midwest and northeast and got rusted to s***, and in the 30 years they’ve been around they have been used as daily transportation and got totaled to no fault of their own or their owners. That’s not even mentioning the plethora of trucks that have been parted out for no good reason in the classifieds section on mud that would otherwise be great candidates for restoration now (oops). Toyota sure as hell aren’t making any more of these things and there’s a lot less out there than were produced. These were very expensive trucks when new and it shouldn’t be a surprise to everyone that prices are on their way back up. On top of all of that, there have been people spending 6 figures on restorations for years at TLC 4X4 and now ICON. The 80 series has simply caught the eye of mainstream collectors. If gas prices go up, the people that can’t afford $100 full ups will be able to cash out on the uptick and just sell to collectors who have 4 car garages and don’t care how much a full up costs. In other words the 80 series is being gentrified 😂
Well said.:clap:

I was dumbfounded by the rise of the 60 series after having owned three of them and having paid $3500, $2500, and even $2000 for them. I should have held on to the last one I sold back in 2008. Now they are getting crazy numbers. I suspect the 80 series will continue to climb as they are a lot more vehicle than the 60's. I do love the classic lines of the 60 series the best, but the 80's are the badasses of the Landcruiser line up.

I was dumbfounded by the rise of the 60 series after having owned three of them and having paid $3500, $2500, and even $2000 for them. I should have held on to the last one I sold back in 2008. Now they are getting crazy numbers. I suspect the 80 series will continue to climb as they are a lot more vehicle than the 60's. I do love the classic lines of the 60 series the best, but the 80's are the badasses of the Landcruiser line up.
Yeah a bit bummed on 60 prices as I’d like to add one to run around town in. Those things started climbing a cliff in price recently.

I enjoy this thread so.... How about a price check on my new rig from the group? I understand market changes from day to day, but I really think I am still in the money on this truck.

1997 40th Anniversary
Salvage title at 39k miles (left side ditch hit that took the front axle out in 1999) 2nd owner bought it and restored it with all OEM parts in 1999.
Total repaint in 1999 to ensure paint match
After purchase and damage repair it was kept and driven to 277,000 miles by the person who repaired it.
Zero frame rust, 9.5/10 paint job (I have touched up a lot of hood rock chips and general body chips all around it)
Needs new front a rear leather (dry-cracked but no holes)

20 years of synthetic oil changes
New refinished wheels
New OME lift kit
New 315/75 tires
new grill and repaint on bumper and valence
new parking lamps
All service is up to date
Runs and drives perfectly
Needs axles (parts on order)
Needs seats to be perfect inside.

Only negatives I can think of is high miles at 288k and of course the 20 year old salvage title. It is NOT for sale but just curious what the opinions might be as to value because the seats are a pretty big expense and I have spent a bit on it so far. I don't want to get too crazy on it but it is a wonderful truck and I suspect I am alright spending the money on it for axles and seats.

I have learned so much from this group and this is my third LC restoration project in the last 5 years. Some have been light and others quite involved. I respect the aggregate of opinions so I bet I get good feedback as to value. NO OFFERS PLEASE.

thanks,

RKTINC

988B6AC2-EB97-4CC3-BCB0-21D9761691B7.jpeg
D122744B-4457-48AE-A30A-DEAD6DEACF49_1_201_a.jpeg
D7D26D20-43BD-4111-A927-D5B9EC0F148A.jpeg

I don't know what it's worth, but it looks GREAT! I would think the high mileage - yes, I know the truck is "just getting broken in," would lead many would-be buyers to pass on the truck, which would be a missed opportunity for them; one that it looks like you got to take advantage of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom