For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

I enjoy this thread so.... How about a price check on my new rig from the group? I understand market changes from day to day, but I really think I am still in the money on this truck.

1997 40th Anniversary
Salvage title at 39k miles (left side ditch hit that took the front axle out in 1999) 2nd owner bought it and restored it with all OEM parts in 1999.
Total repaint in 1999 to ensure paint match
After purchase and damage repair it was kept and driven to 277,000 miles by the person who repaired it.
Zero frame rust, 9.5/10 paint job (I have touched up a lot of hood rock chips and general body chips all around it)
Needs new front a rear leather (dry-cracked but no holes)

20 years of synthetic oil changes
New refinished wheels
New OME lift kit
New 315/75 tires
new grill and repaint on bumper and valence
new parking lamps
All service is up to date
Runs and drives perfectly
Needs axles (parts on order)
Needs seats to be perfect inside.

Only negatives I can think of is high miles at 288k and of course the 20 year old salvage title. It is NOT for sale but just curious what the opinions might be as to value because the seats are a pretty big expense and I have spent a bit on it so far. I don't want to get too crazy on it but it is a wonderful truck and I suspect I am alright spending the money on it for axles and seats.

I have learned so much from this group and this is my third LC restoration project in the last 5 years. Some have been light and others quite involved. I respect the aggregate of opinions so I bet I get good feedback as to value. NO OFFERS PLEASE.

thanks,

RKTINC

View attachment 2641999View attachment 2642003View attachment 2642006
That's a beautiful cruiser! Well done.
It would be difficult to estimate a resale price considering the salvage title and high miles, but if you have everything documented it would make the difference. In today's market it could get around $18-20K to the right buyer who understands everything that's been done to get it to that stage. Again it's a great looking truck, but with resale values, miles and clean title are big determining factors. If it were clean title and a 100k less miles, that would be a $35k++ truck all day long. Just my two cents worth.

I enjoy this thread so.... How about a price check on my new rig from the group? I understand market changes from day to day, but I really think I am still in the money on this truck.

1997 40th Anniversary
Salvage title at 39k miles (left side ditch hit that took the front axle out in 1999) 2nd owner bought it and restored it with all OEM parts in 1999.
Total repaint in 1999 to ensure paint match
After purchase and damage repair it was kept and driven to 277,000 miles by the person who repaired it.
Zero frame rust, 9.5/10 paint job (I have touched up a lot of hood rock chips and general body chips all around it)
Needs new front a rear leather (dry-cracked but no holes)

20 years of synthetic oil changes
New refinished wheels
New OME lift kit
New 315/75 tires
new grill and repaint on bumper and valence
new parking lamps
All service is up to date
Runs and drives perfectly
Needs axles (parts on order)
Needs seats to be perfect inside.

Only negatives I can think of is high miles at 288k and of course the 20 year old salvage title. It is NOT for sale but just curious what the opinions might be as to value because the seats are a pretty big expense and I have spent a bit on it so far. I don't want to get too crazy on it but it is a wonderful truck and I suspect I am alright spending the money on it for axles and seats.

I have learned so much from this group and this is my third LC restoration project in the last 5 years. Some have been light and others quite involved. I respect the aggregate of opinions so I bet I get good feedback as to value. NO OFFERS PLEASE.

thanks,

RKTINC

View attachment 2641999View attachment 2642003View attachment 2642006
You’ve had some sweet LCs, I followed the auction for one of your FJ80s. As for value of this rig, it’s anyone’s guess. I lost all credibility with my horrible bet against @sogafarm so with that, I’m going to guess it’s value at $69k. On a serious note, based on your documentation history, background of restoring, and this crazy ass market, I’d bet $20-25k.

You’ve had some sweet LCs, I followed the auction for one of your FJ80s. As for value of this rig, it’s anyone’s guess. I lost all credibility with my horrible bet against @sogafarm so with that, I’m going to guess it’s value at $69k. On a serious note, based on your documentation history, background of restoring, and this crazy ass market, I’d bet $20-25k.
Now I love that opinion!!!!! Problem is that FJ80 is the only one I ever sold. I have so many I am addicted.

I know you follow bring a trailer.........did you know they provide sale price history by model?
The IH8MUD guidleines ask to not post URL's/Links --- so here is the path:
Search: lancruiser
Select FJ 80
This is what you will see

Landcruiser prices.PNG

I know you follow bring a trailer.........did you know they provide sale price history by model?
The IH8MUD guidleines ask to not post URL's/Links --- so here is the path:
Search: lancruiser
Select FJ 80
This is what you will see

View attachment 2642691
Yes, good information, just never see salvage title units on BAT.

Salvage title kills value in my opinion. You can never fully insure it.

Cheers
Hagerty's will. I have a 94 that I am putting together. I have collectors car insurance on it ($20k value). They said most of the stuff they insure has been rebuilt.

Hi, new to the 80s market. There's a local 97 LX450 for sale that I'm interested in. ~160k miles, very minor rust, center locks, exterior in good shape, interior looks ok but front seats are ripped and will need to be repaired/replaced. Will also need new tires and possibly brakes (seller thinks pads and fluids will do the trick). What would be a fair price to offer for something like this?

Hi, new to the 80s market. There's a local 97 LX450 for sale that I'm interested in. ~160k miles, very minor rust, center locks, exterior in good shape, interior looks ok but front seats are ripped and will need to be repaired/replaced. Will also need new tires and possibly brakes (seller thinks pads and fluids will do the trick). What would be a fair price to offer for something like this?
Any pics that we can go on? Service history? Undercarriage rust pics? Any leaks from engine, birfields, brakes etc.?

Out of curiousity I went to probably the biggest sources for used LC's last night to check prices. The big Japanese auction, sale, car export sites. (Be-forward, car from japan, japanese trade car review etc..) Prices appear to be 50-100% higher than 18 months ago. Back then It was easy to find a 40, 60, 70, or 80 series in decent looking shape for less than 12K. early-mid 90's prados with less than 100K km were easy to find for less than 10K. Now all the prices are up close to what the stateside prices are. Cheapest HDJ80 with less than 200K km on Beforward: Used 1992 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER/HDJ81V for Sale BH851287 - BE FORWARD - https://www.beforward.jp/toyota/land-cruiser/bh851287/id/2386697/

Out of curiousity I went to probably the biggest sources for used LC's last night to check prices. The big Japanese auction, sale, car export sites. (Be-forward, car from japan, japanese trade car review etc..) Prices appear to be 50-100% higher than 18 months ago. Back then It was easy to find a 40, 60, 70, or 80 series in decent looking shape for less than 12K. early-mid 90's prados with less than 100K km were easy to find for less than 10K. Now all the prices are up close to what the stateside prices are. Cheapest HDJ80 with less than 200K km on Beforward: Used 1992 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER/HDJ81V for Sale BH851287 - BE FORWARD - https://www.beforward.jp/toyota/land-cruiser/bh851287/id/2386697/
FYI, not sure how much hands on experience with BeForward but I’ve heard of nightmarish stories. I was stationed in Japan for 5 years and had a two friends who bought a 60 and 80 series from them and the pictures from their ads DID NOT match the vehicle once they gained possession. Both rides were rust rotted, parts of the floor board were missing etc. the pictures showed that they looked pristine and they paid good money for them. If you want to buy from Japan, I highly recommend a liaison who can physically inspect the vehicle before bidding or buying. YMMV.

FYI, not sure how much hands on experience with BeForward but I’ve heard of nightmarish stories. I was stationed in Japan for 5 years and had a two friends who bought a 60 and 80 series from them and the pictures from their ads DID NOT match the vehicle once they gained possession. Both rides were rust rotted, parts of the floor board were missing etc. the pictures showed that they looked pristine and they paid good money for them. If you want to buy from Japan, I highly recommend a liaison who can physically inspect the vehicle before bidding or buying. YMMV.
Thanks for that advice. I used to live in Okinawa. Should have bought a cruiser and shipped it home when I was stationed there. I have a bj-73 now and I'm not looking for anything at the moment. I just looked at the importer sites out of curiosity last night and was very surprised by how much the prices had gone up. Thought I'd post it here.

Thanks for that advice. I used to live in Okinawa. Should have bought a cruiser and shipped it home when I was stationed there. I have a bj-73 now and I'm not looking for anything at the moment. I just looked at the importer sites out of curiosity last night and was very surprised by how much the prices had gone up. Thought I'd post it here.
Okinawa😍. I was there for three years. Loved every minute.
My post was more of a PSA in general. Thanks for sharing your observations.

1995 fzj80 with lockers 178k miles, some under carriage rust. It's been at $16k for five days, ending in 4 hours. Any guesses on final bid. I'm thinking $23k final bid on this one. We'll see.

The 96 Lexus that is similar minus lockers sold for 18,500 yesterday. It really needed a detail otherwise could've brought more.

Price of vehicles that people see is simple, rugged, capable, and reliable just keeps going up. Perhaps the carmakers will take notice that people with money will spend on a older used simple rugged vehicle because they can't get a newer one and that all of the modern electronic gadgetry they add to jack up the price actually devalues the vehicle in the eyes of a certain group. IE-Solid axle front suspension with, manual or automatic lockers, and body on frame design will always be worth more down the road than independant suspension and using computer/ABS for traction control. With all the money ford spent develop the new "retro look" bronco, why it has IFS I have no idea.................It's kind of like Bill Gates thinking people should start or would start eating/get used to the taste of fake meat because it's better for the environment/peoples health.....Some are too smart for their own good.

Holy sandbagger, the 95 went from $16,000 for the last 5 days to all out sneak attack bidding in the last two minutes. $27k and still bidding. Multiple 2 minute resets. Bid War on going.

Final bid on the 95 : $27,250 all done in the final two minute resets from $16ko_O

Mine is definitely worth $50+k if people are paying these prices for Cruisers like that. 🕺🏿

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom