For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

2019 Brand new
Not a demo, not a manager vehicle or loaner etc
$74,459 + dealer fee + tax

Came with blizzard Pearl, terra semi aniline and all weather rubber and cargo mats
LX or LC?

What would you choose between 2 nearly identical (well maintained, accident+rust free) LX570s?
  • 2013 with 100k miles: $31,000
  • 2013 with 51k miles: $41,000
I'm thinking $10,000 difference can pay for a lot of extra maintenance on the 100k model if needed, but obviously the 51k miles model will hold some of that extra value.

What would you choose between 2 nearly identical (well maintained, accident+rust free) LX570s?
  • 2013 with 100k miles: $31,000
  • 2013 with 51k miles: $41,000
I'm thinking $10,000 difference can pay for a lot of extra maintenance on the 100k model if needed, but obviously the 51k miles model will hold some of that extra value.

I look at things from a cost per mile perspective for depreciation. In general, the newer the vehicle the more expensive the depreciation per mile is, and the curve really flattens out later in the vehicle's life. For example, these 2 vehicle imply a 20 cents per mile depreciation all things held constant (assume same colors, same condition, same maintenance, etc.), but later in the life of the vehicle that cost will drop. When I had an 08 LX with higher miles, I found the cost per mile for depreciation was only 2-3 cents, but my low miles 16 LC was over 25 cents per mile at the time. I ended up driving the LX every day to work on a ~50 mile daily commute, and then I would drive the LC for the less common wheeling and camping trips to keep depreciation at bay. I realize that's exactly opposite of what most people would do, but I'm a numbers guy and that made the most sense to me.

Of course depreciation as a cost per mile is one dimensional way of looking at things, so it's important to take a holistic view. I realized you've said they're nearly identical, but to elaborate on the point for others reading maintenance, condition, colors, and rust are equally as important as miles and price to me. If for example the 100k mile truck is from SoCal, has good colors, and has already had the radiator and water pump replaced (ALL of them need it unless it's a late 2018+ build) and the 51k mile truck is from Michigan with maintenance done at Jiffy Lube, the higher mile truck is a better buy for sure. If the opposite is true, the more expensive truck is the better buy.

The interesting thing about 200 values is they've actually gone up in the last couple of months as inventory has essentially disappeared. I bought a 200 recently during the height of the fear of covid (early April), and since I bought mine the KBB instant cash offer has increased by almost $5k because of dealers wanting to take advantage of low inventory and increasing values. It's very difficult to value things right now with inventory at an all time low, so I would choose the truck you feel more comfortable with in terms of condition, colors, and your budget. I would suggest acting quickly on whatever you feel comfortable with though because any good deal I've seen lately has disappeared within days if not hours of getting posted. Good luck!

Picked up my 17 LC today, 55.6k OTD (+tax) with 68k on the clock. One owner, meticulous service records, clean truck all around. Got home, yanked the 3rd row, off to a trail tomorrow with the family.
IMG_20200626_205225_702.jpg

Where’s my welcome to da club bitche$ message lol?

they are out there, there is inventory, but the problem I found was the price made no sense to the point I bought new because I’ve found used 2019s with up to 25,000 miles for the same price $74.5k, that I bought mine new and no miles for!

Lots of ex demos, ‘bosses vehicle’, etc LC200’s out there, with up to 12,000 miles but ‘it’s brand new’ no depreciation existing on it

I’d love to drive mine around for a year, take a dump in it and put 12,000 miles in it and sell it for the same or more than$74.5k in a years time and still claim it to be new. Unregistered yeh but I wouldn’t call it new never used

Where’s my welcome to da club bitche$ message lol?

they are out there, there is inventory, but the problem I found was the price made no sense to the point I bought new because I’ve found used 2019s with up to 25,000 miles for the same price $74.5k, that I bought mine new and no miles for!

Lots of ex demos, ‘bosses vehicle’, etc LC200’s out there, with up to 12,000 miles but ‘it’s brand new’ no depreciation existing on it

I’d love to drive mine around for a year, take a dump in it and put 12,000 miles in it and sell it for the same or more than$74.5k in a years time and still claim it to be new. Unregistered yeh but I wouldn’t call it new never used

I would have Welcomed you but I’m still in the 100 club, looking to break into the 200 club. I was having the relative value conversation with my wife today. So decision is pick up a one like Dre01SS or buy new. The middle ground doesn’t seem worth the effort.

I would have Welcomed you but I’m still in the 100 club, looking to break into the 200 club. I was having the relative value conversation with my wife today. So decision is pick up a one like Dre01SS or buy new. The middle ground doesn’t seem worth the effort.

That’s exactly my thoughts, that $55-75k is a weird place
If your credit score is good it pays you to get into something newer
If it’s something your going to beat around the trails for a bit get into a 2013 age in the 30k range

That’s my thoughts. Interest rate on new is 2.29% 60 months used would be up in the mid 4’s

Eire32, did you negotiate the price down to $74.5? If you did, what was it originally listed for? This could help others negotiate.

Also looking 2019 around that price range. Finding some around under 5k mileage.

Eire32, did you negotiate the price down to $74.5? If you did, what was it originally listed for? This could help others negotiate.

Also looking 2019 around that price range. Finding some around under 5k mileage.

I’ve called and asked some dealers pricing and they’ve come back sometimes higher than what was listed on the website, or list no price and come back asking 82k etc for a 2019 with 10,000 miles
Like are they taking us for idiots

I haggled the price down $500 to the $74,400 amount they weren’t going to go lower and also from shopping around so much I knew it was the best price out there I could get and it was time

I’ve called and asked some dealers pricing and they’ve come back sometimes higher than what was listed on the website, or list no price and come back asking 82k etc for a 2019 with 10,000 miles
Like are they taking us for idiots

I haggled the price down $500 to the $74,400 amount they weren’t going to go lower and also from shopping around so much I knew it was the best price out there I could get and it was time

Super helpful. I was quoted $77,571 + $699 dealer fee + Tax for new 2019. Told the sales guy, I could do $74k, I’ll see what they come back with (if anything).

Super helpful. I was quoted $77,571 + $699 dealer fee + Tax for new 2019. Told the sales guy, I could do $74k, I’ll see what they come back with (if anything).
They got a wake up call before me the sales guy told me someone came and drove it and then offered them $40k lol
He must have came from under a bridge with that offer

I am looking to buy a new one as well. Can you share what dealership you bought it from? Thanks in advance!

There is a dealership in Kansas City that has a Metallic Grey one with Black interior for $78,700 + dealer fee $399. Olathe Toyota. Also you can check out Ed Martin Toyota Near Indy, they are selling them for like $79.5k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom