For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

Hi Guys -

Started looking at 100 Series LC's and the GX, but am thinking now it might be worth moving up to a 200 Series for not a large price gap. While I've seen some relatively clean LX's for ~30K and under 100K (70-85K miles), I can't seem to find any LC's in that same range.

I understand the (paradoxical?) premium for the "Land Cruiser" nameplate, but is a target of 75Kish miles and $30K off base for the Land Cruiser?
I have seen 200 Cruiser's with 100-125K for $25K and some newer models withing my 75K ish mileage range for $35K-40K, but nothing in between. I don't know if it's just availability or if that potential range just isn't realistic.

Thoughts?
I am in an active search while I finish up a RAM lease.
Your mileage cap of 75k and wanting an LC200 over an LX570 thins out the herd of candidates. As a datapoint, I have seen multiple 2013 and 2014 year LC200s advertised with around 80k miles and asking prices in the high 30s.

Last edited:
I am in an active search while I finish up a RAM lease.
Your mileage cap of 75k and wanting an LC200 over an LX570 thins out the herd of candidates. As a datapoint, I have seen multiple 2013 and 2014 year LC200s advertised with around 80k miles and asking prices in the high 30s.

That's what I figured and in line with what I've seen. I assumed that if those same examples were say 08-10 w/ the same mileage then the price might be in the mid-low 30's, but those cars seemingly aren't out there.

My lease is also coming to an end. I guess if I can't find an LC, then I may lease again and check again in 2 years. Maybe a few more examples then or I'm willing to pony up more for a later model example.

Good call Chewbacca. That was one lousy CarFax.
That's what I figured and in line with what I've seen. I assumed that if those same examples were say 08-10 w/ the same mileage then the price might be in the mid-low 30's, but those cars seemingly aren't out there.

My lease is also coming to an end. I guess if I can't find an LC, then I may lease again and check again in 2 years. Maybe a few more examples then or I'm willing to pony up more for a later model example.
I'm learning that a good used 200 at a good price is likely something you'll have to search for. I started looking in February. Still don't have one.

Does anyone have any insight / opinion on this one? It checks all the wife’s boxes, but it seems the service history on the lexus site is a little light and it’s been for sale for awhile.
Google the VIN and check the AutoTrader posting, which links to a free Carfax report. Damage to the rear reported in 2017. Could be something, could be nothing.

Newb here, initially Looking at used LCs but now some new ones are cropping up with pretty similar prices to 2-3 year old ones. What is the consensus on the financial advisability of just springing for leftover 2019s ? What prices have people been getting lately ? I had one dealer quote me a similar price to new for a manager vehicle with 7k on it.
Thanks and stay healthy.

Considered saving a buck on a 570 but then I soul searched and realized...it’s NOT a Landcruiser.

Just sealed the deal on a one owner all services performed 2015 w 99k. Paid 41 OTD.

My 99 100 has been flawless for 235k and I can’t wait to take this one that far.

Good luck on your search. They are truly the BEST trucks out there.

Anyone have any ideas about this LC ? Haven’t seen it in the flesh.
Seems a tad bit overpriced to me.

I've seen 40-50k mile LCs 2017+ generally ranging from 53-57 anyway, if I was in the market for a white Cruiser I would buy this. If you can negotiate a $1-2k discount even better.

There aren't that many cruisers for sale to choose from, so sometimes tad overpriced is better than waiting months and months without a truck. You don't get that time back.

Anyone have any ideas about this LC ? Haven’t seen it in the flesh.
Seems a tad bit overpriced to me.

Unless it’s super rusty, that is not a bad price at all. In fact right now that’s a very good price compared with existing inventory nationwide.

thanks everyone,
I also like this one, but its quite a bit above what I want to spend, and I can find a new 2020 for the same price locally. I did double check and the warranty would start when I bought it even though it is a 2019. They also came down a few grand right away with not much haggle. I can't really justify the price gap right now, but blue does seem a lot harder to find than white, and I would prefer it if possible.

I guess I never formally entered in my data point on this thread. 5/22, 2013 Land Cruiser with 103k miles, Toyota dealer, $32,420 out the door (before my local tax, which is 9.45%) magnetic grey metallic, black interior

I got quoted 77 for a new 19 in onyx blue and same for a black 2020
That is quite the deal. Especially compared to some low mileage 2016s that are still asking 60k. An extra 17k for 4 years newer and a brand new warranty is probably worth it.

The major thing stopping me from getting a new LC is the fear that an upcoming 300 series would depreciate the 200 series like crazy. I don't know what happened to resale values on 100 series when the 200 series came out, but assuming the 300 is very good (and gets better mpg) I think we'd might expect a steep drop.

On the other hand, if the 300 never comes to the US, or it isn't very good, having a late model 200 series would be quite valuable.

That is quite the deal. Especially compared to some low mileage 2016s that are still asking 60k. An extra 17k for 4 years newer and a brand new warranty is probably worth it.

The major thing stopping me from getting a new LC is the fear that an upcoming 300 series would depreciate the 200 series like crazy. I don't know what happened to resale values on 100 series when the 200 series came out, but assuming the 300 is very good (and gets better mpg) I think we'd might expect a steep drop.

On the other hand, if the 300 never comes to the US, or it isn't very good, having a late model 200 series would be quite valuable.

I highly doubt the 300 would impact the 200 resale value that much. Few reasons:

1. Most people here on the forum buy used [including me], so there won't be a flood of 200s being traded for a 300. Even when someone is ready to buy a new one 438 people shout "BUY USED BRO" and we wonder why we see reports of the LC being discontinued.

2. Assuming number 1 wasn't true you still have the rumored v6 or hybrid, which many people will want to see proven before paying likely 100k for this 300

3. Even if by some miracle Toyota announced the 300 series would have a 550 HP NA V8, 30 gallon fuel tank, etc. the prices would remain so high on a 300 that the 200 would still hold its value pretty well because if you want to get a newer landcruiser but don't want to pay a 300 price here's a nice 200 for you sir.

What's yall's opinion on this:

2014, silver/black
77k miles
One owner, TX truck, dealer serviced, decent maintenance history
$41k

I highly doubt the 300 would impact the 200 resale value that much. Few reasons:

1. Most people here on the forum buy used [including me], so there won't be a flood of 200s being traded for a 300. Even when someone is ready to buy a new one 438 people shout "BUY USED BRO" and we wonder why we see reports of the LC being discontinued.

2. Assuming number 1 wasn't true you still have the rumored v6 or hybrid, which many people will want to see proven before paying likely 100k for this 300

3. Even if by some miracle Toyota announced the 300 series would have a 550 HP NA V8, 30 gallon fuel tank, etc. the prices would remain so high on a 300 that the 200 would still hold its value pretty well because if you want to get a newer landcruiser but don't want to pay a 300 price here's a nice 200 for you sir.

This might be true, but it's hard to know without knowing how big of a leap forward the 300 will be (outside of just an MPG gain). The 200 is an ancient beast, by modern car standards. By the time the 300 comes out, we're looking at 14 years of roughly the same car. I could certainly see a lot of 2016-2022 owners trade-up.

In the last 10 years there are some cars that have gone through such extensive redesigns that the new model made the older model look like a massive step down (the XC90 comes to mind).

That said, LC owners are a pretty special crowd that marches to their own beat, so who knows what might really happen. Some people love the 100 series, and 2007 models are still quite valuable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom