For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

Guys, can you offer some counsel on this one?

Single owner, his kids are out of the house so they're downsizing. I haven't seen a carfax but he told me it was in an accident where they had to R&R one of the front LED headlights. It is in Connecticut which gives me pause for potential corrosion; he stated he only used it for trips up to Vermont and washed the vehicle weekly. Only 36.5 on the clock and he is looking at 46K...dealer offered him 44.5 as a trade-in.

Guys, can you offer some counsel on this one?

Single owner, his kids are out of the house so they're downsizing. I haven't seen a carfax but he told me it was in an accident where they had to R&R one of the front LED headlights. It is in Connecticut which gives me pause for potential corrosion; he stated he only used it for trips up to Vermont and washed the vehicle weekly. Only 36.5 on the clock and he is looking at 46K...dealer offered him 44.5 as a trade-in.

I could be wrong but... There’s a very good chance the dealer did NOT offer him $44.5k. Why would you sell it for $1500 more than trade in only to pay X% taxes on $44.5k + whatever is left over when you buy the new one???

Not being sarcastic but “Only took it on trips to VT” is like saying I only ever drove it to a saltier location than It’s normally in.

I’m in PA and I bought my 100 from CT. It was a 1 owner with 59!!! Toyota dealer records (not kidding). I bought it knowing there was likely undercarriage corrosion but discovered it to be very manageable as the owner kept it in a heated garage and washed it weekly - SO you may very well find the undercarriage to be acceptable

My 100 also had a fender bender where the front bumper cover and fog lights were R&R. The true testament to no structural / frame damage was when my ARB front bumper slid on like a glove.

The price is great for a 15. Just be diligent in your inspection.

Hoped any of this rambling helped 🤪

I could be wrong but... There’s a very good chance the dealer did NOT offer him $44.5k. Why would you sell it for $1500 more than trade in only to pay X% taxes on $44.5k + whatever is left over when you buy the new one???

Not being sarcastic but “Only took it on trips to VT” is like saying I only ever drove it to a saltier location than It’s normally in.

I’m in PA and I bought my 100 from CT. It was a 1 owner with 59!!! Toyota dealer records (not kidding). I bought it knowing there was likely undercarriage corrosion but discovered it to be very manageable as the owner kept it in a heated garage and washed it weekly - SO you may very well find the undercarriage to be acceptable

My 100 also had a fender bender where the front bumper cover and fog lights were R&R. The true testament to no structural / frame damage was when my ARB front bumper slid on like a glove.

The price is great for a 15. Just be diligent in your inspection.

Hoped any of this rambling helped 🤪

Thanks for your response. I plan on getting the carfax (obviously) before dropping that much cash on a vehicle and inspecting it in person during my visit back to the US (provided it hasn't sold. Yeah, I like the low miles and it being a '15....I'm in Japan for another month before going on a work conference to San Antonio where I plan to buy a LC and store it there until my permanent move in March 2020. Just trying to shop around and get ahead of the game before the permanent move pins me against time to buy something in relative haste.

Thanks for your response. I plan on getting the carfax (obviously) before dropping that much cash on a vehicle and inspecting it in person during my visit back to the US (provided it hasn't sold. Yeah, I like the low miles and it being a '15....I'm in Japan for another month before going on a work conference to San Antonio where I plan to buy a LC and store it there until my permanent move in March 2020. Just trying to shop around and get ahead of the game before the permanent move pins me against time to buy something in relative haste.
Just another thought but I feel like cruiser prices go up before snow in colder climates and drop in the spring - so March may not be a bad time to shop

But then again in spring everyone gets their cruiser ready for camping

I guess there’s never really a “cheap” time to buy a cruiser !

Any 200 that is for sale at anything resembling a good price will not be available in one months time. The good deals go fast!

Just another thought but I feel like cruiser prices go up before snow in colder climates and drop in the spring - so March may not be a bad time to shop

But then again in spring everyone gets their cruiser ready for camping

I guess there’s never really a “cheap” time to buy a cruiser !
Yeah, LCs are always high in price but the cult following only helps that. I'm okay with it (like I have a choice), just need to find the right one....doesn't matter what time of year BUT if they're a little cheaper when it's time for me to buy, then I'll take it!

I think it is a good deal but not a great deal. Some of the CarFax maintenance entries are kind of strange, both Toyota dealer and selling dealer listed performing the same work. Exactly what I am looking for, just not ready to pull the trigger. I am wondering if the owner traded it in on the 2014 silver built rig they had listed up until today.

2013 grey/black, 112k TX miles, excellent service records, $36.8k. Thoughts?

Average deal and maybe a touch on the high side. Is it the color you want?

I would prefer silver/black. Don't think I've seen a white/black, but that would be great too. I just want something that's not going to look dirty constantly, so definitely not black.

I prefer the grey over silver myself. Are you going to go and look at the truck?

I would prefer silver/black. Don't think I've seen a white/black, but that would be great too. I just want something that's not going to look dirty constantly, so definitely not black.

Sounds like we are Eyeing the same vehicles. I really like the silver but don’t want the black interior

I prefer the grey over silver myself. Are you going to go and look at the truck?

You prefer grey for looks or easy to keep clean? I had a black truck once and vowed never again. The grey looks dangerously close to black imo. Silver and white would be my preference but I've been told by people with grey 200's that they're not nearly as bad as black, but not as easy as silver.

Yeah I probably will look at it. I'll let you know how it looks in person.

Thoughts on this 2013? Is MO considered part of the "rust belt"?

Wiki says yes: Salt Belt - Wikipedia

Seems high even with minimal rust. Most with 150k I've seen going for under 30. I got mine from the rust belt and it has minimal surface rust - 2011 with same mileage for 25k.

I agree, they just quoted me a cash price of $34K.

Seems high even with minimal rust. Most with 150k I've seen going for under 30. I got mine from the rust belt and it has minimal surface rust - 2011 with same mileage for 25k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom