For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

Currently looking at a Green 2011 200 series with 151,000 miles. Offered at 21k. Three owners. Dealer maintained. The only kicker is that it was bought with a bought with a rebuilt title from freshwater flood insurance/dealer auction in 2015. Supposedly no water ever got inside the cabin or engine. No repairs were ever made, as none were ever needed. No warning lights, odors, or mechanical issues as all according to the owner. Current owner just bought a 2018 LC and doesn't feel like having four cars. Thoughts anyone? Looks quite clean in the photos and going to check it out today.

View attachment 1879803

View attachment 1879804

View attachment 1879805

Don't walk...don't run...SPRINT AWAY from that one! Never, ever buy a former flood car under any circumstances. Ever. Like don't even think about it. If you do and you come back to the tech section to ask questions as to why nothing works, we will be forced to ignore your every post because you ignored our advice to not buy it. Seriously, don't do it.

hello all, coming from an 80 so 200/570 are all new to me. found one for $26,000 with 201K. It's superwhite (i think, still figuring out paint color years) and very well taken care of aesthetically. I am going to get the records from the guy to look, but he says all major maintenance has been done. The car was a former company car used to cart people to and from the Mountains. My questions, is how fair does this seem? I think I can get it for about $24K but I am just concerned about that high of mileage? Is this something that should be of a concern if the MX really has been kept up with?

hello all, coming from an 80 so 200/570 are all new to me. found one for $26,000 with 201K. It's superwhite (i think, still figuring out paint color years) and very well taken care of aesthetically. I am going to get the records from the guy to look, but he says all major maintenance has been done. The car was a former company car used to cart people to and from the Mountains. My questions, is how fair does this seem? I think I can get it for about $24K but I am just concerned about that high of mileage? Is this something that should be of a concern if the MX really has been kept up with?

What Year ? Where are you located ?

Gonna check out a 2009 Land Cruiser. It's white, tan interior, clean carfax and Autocheck with good number of records. 5 years in CA and 5 years in UT. 95k miles. They're asking $27,500.

I'd upload larger pictures but that's all they could send me via text. There's a fair amount of Utah surface rust but doesn't look like anything damaging the structure. I'll get a better look of the under carriage in person.

Thoughts?

28365.jpg

28366.jpg

28373.jpg

28374.jpg

28375.jpg

2008 174k $16,000 Puerto Rico (fwiw, PR prices seem to be equivalent to SE US prices.)

The high mileage worried me until I saw it and met the sellers. This was one of 7 Land Cruisers that they own. The also have a LX570, 100 "work truck" a 60 that they use to go to the lake, a 40 and two 45s. All run, and all but one of the 45s are in fantastic shape. This one was no different. Incredibly clean inside and out. All maintenance up to date. It's pretty much flawless. I think I got a great deal. We negotiated the price to $16k but then I traded some non-automotive stuff to bring the price down a bit more. I'm pretty excited about it. Also, after spending the day with the sellers, my wife just approved replacing the JKU with a FJ40 for our beach car.
WhatsApp Image 2019-01-25 at 12.29.48 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-01-25 at 12.29.15 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-01-25 at 12.29.49 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
So I drove down from Idaho Falls on Saturday and took a hard look at this one. Would appear they are way more willing to negotiate with you now. I brought a lot of stuff to their attention. I’ll PM you...

Guy

Gonna check out a 2009 Land Cruiser. It's white, tan interior, clean carfax and Autocheck with good number of records. 5 years in CA and 5 years in UT. 95k miles. They're asking $27,500.

I'd upload larger pictures but that's all they could send me via text. There's a fair amount of Utah surface rust but doesn't look like anything damaging the structure. I'll get a better look of the under carriage in person.

Thoughts?

Like to get some input on a selling price for our silver 2009, one owner LC with 120k. Details:

• We are the original owners, purchased new in 2008 as a early 2009. Original window sticker shows a MSRP of $72,954.
  • LC is and always has been 100% unmodified. Non-smoker, no pets.
  • Includes rear seat entertainment and still have the original floor mats that I swapped out for WeatherTechs.
  • Has a minor door ding or two and some rock chips on hood, no accidents and only minor surface rust underneath.
  • Serviced locally at our Kansas City dealer where purchased new. All records since new available.
  • Quick maintenance history - Tires replaced with OEM Michelins and at 75%, newer battery, waterpump @95K, OEM Windshield replaced from rock chip, brakes recently serviced, 5-7.5k services done throughout entire life including all major services as per Toyota recommendations. Only issue was a seat sensor that failed on passenger front seat...seat bottom replaced. Otherwise it is and has been tip top mechanically with no issues.
  • Interior has no issues other than needing a good detailing. Everything works as it should.
  • Never off road, never used to tow...this is my wife's mall cruiser.
I appreciate any input on pricing...hoping the condition and service history helps me on a sale.

Last edited:
kcdude, looks nice was it smoked in or have pets? kbb says 22-25k private sale and 20-22k for trade in. I just started looking at the 200 series but after looking at a couple of ads online I'm guessing these are going for more than book value maybe closer to 30k. What was the cost new I'm thinking around 60k? If thats the case and you can get 30k 50% value in 10 years that seems pretty good to me.

kcdude, looks nice was it smoked in or have pets? kbb says 22-25k private sale and 20-22k for trade in. I just started looking at the 200 series but after looking at a couple of ads online I'm guessing these are going for more than book value maybe closer to 30k. What was the cost new I'm thinking around 60k? If thats the case and you can get 30k 50% value in 10 years that seems pretty good to me.

Never smoked in, no pets. Just a nicely maintained rig...going to give it a good detail over the next month and get it listed up.

Original window sticker shows a MSRP of $72,954...deals could be had in 2008-09 if you could find one.

Last edited:
Dealer in Denver - 2015 LX 570 Nebula Gray Pearl with 53K miles

$47K Carfax posted, well maintained, 2 Colorado owners

Emich Volkswagen - 2015 Lexus LX 570

Thank you for posting.

Anyone drive / look at this one yet?

I drive by this one twice a day on my way to and from work. Been For Sale for about 2 months. CarFax looks great, all regular maintenance done. I stopped on my way home tonight and got some undercarriage pics, a little more surface rust than I would expect for always being in CO, may be the Mag Chloride since we don't use salt here. Overall it looks very nice and well taken care of.

Pricing Wizards - let's say I have a budget of $30-35k, what year 200 does that put me in?

I think the newest I've seen in my price range was a '13 with 162k miles. Most seem to be ~'11s with ~100k miles. Am I in the right ballpark or searching the wrong places? Thanks.

Are you only looking for an LC or also LX's ? You can definitely find a 2013 LX with around 100 - 125K miles for $35K or under.
Louisiana
LX570
Austin and everyone's Favorite Color :)
Austin LX

What do you all think about 2008 LX570 from Virginia with 50,000 miles selling for 33k? Looks good but status of undercarriage is unknown .

I will have to have it transported cross country to SoCal.

Thanks in advance.

Are you only looking for an LC or also LX's ? You can definitely find a 2013 LX with around 100 - 125K miles for $35K or under.
Louisiana
LX570
Austin and everyone's Favorite Color :)
Austin LX

Thanks. LC for now. I would really prefer super white or blizzard pearl. Possibly silver or grey as well.

I drive by this one twice a day on my way to and from work. Been For Sale for about 2 months. CarFax looks great, all regular maintenance done. I stopped on my way home tonight and got some undercarriage pics, a little more surface rust than I would expect for always being in CO, may be the Mag Chloride since we don't use salt here. Overall it looks very nice and well taken care of.

View attachment 1898520View attachment 1898521View attachment 1898522

Funny, that is maybe a few minutes from us. Seems like decent deal as would probably pull 44 at auction so guessing they really underpaid someone on a trade. Does seem like it has a bit more surface rust than I am used to for CO but maybe they didnt wash it too often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom