MOAB 2018!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pets 0 ? I know Spot is one of the gang but still considered a pet also Spankys critters.

finding specific information on the Utah websites is difficult but I dont think Spot will be an issue. Spanky's dogs, well we (meaning you :flipoff2:)will need to have a conversation with him about this.

I did manage to find this under the "General Rules."

Pets
Pets are welcome at most state parks, however, they must be on a maximum six foot leash and not left unattended. Pets are not allowed in buildings or on developed beaches. Pets are also restricted in some lakes and reservoirs. Please remember to pick up after your pets. Pets are not allowed on the south side of Rock Cliff (Jordanelle), or the designated public beach area (Jordanelle), or in the group areas and Deer Creek State Park. Pets are also not allowed on the Intrepid Trail at Dead Horse Point or select trails at Snow Canyon.

Last edited:
Shopping for new harness belts (currently have very old RJS).

Brand preferences? Corbeau, Simpson, RJS, others?

Camlock versus latch? Have wanted camlock for a long time, but being told they get gummed up and not worth the spend...

While i have latched harnesses I prefer the cams personally. As far as name brands, think ppl get too worked up on name brand and instead should focus on whatever you will use reliably and holds your butt in the seat -- spoken from experience. :eek:

@Sputnik40

I’ve got Rocky’s old harnesses (2 seats worth) that came with the seats I bought off him. They’re just collecting dust in the garage. I’ll post some pics later but they’d be free if you’re interested.

What I have is usable, just "wanting" new ones to go with new cage.

Let me know what they look like. I'm kinda with Ted, prefer the camlocks.

Cost a bit more but might be worth it.

Not picking up truck until the 18th, have a big punch list to get done by departure (brake lines, finishing belly plate, fixing some busted hub studs, disassemble/reassemble t-case and adapters, and redoing rear drive shaft)!

@Sputnik40

I’ve got Rocky’s old harnesses (2 seats worth) that came with the seats I bought off him. They’re just collecting dust in the garage. I’ll post some pics later but they’d be free if you’re interested.

4-point with seat belt style release. You’ll have to come up with the mounting bolts if needed.

03621342-8494-44B9-90AA-D4CCCC9CE980.jpeg

If you're not using them and Bill doesn't need them, I could possibly use those in the Gecko.

4 point!, got those already Tony so disregard my text. Put Steve ahead of me in line if Bill dont take 'em.

Shopping for new harness belts (currently have very old RJS).

Brand preferences? Corbeau, Simpson, RJS, others?

Camlock versus latch? Have wanted camlock for a long time, but being told they get gummed up and not worth the spend...

PRP 4.2's is all I run....automotive latch, sewn in shoulder harnesses, padded...SUPER comfy

There is NOTHING worse than spending 15 minutes explaining a new offroader the process to get camlock or other belts assembled...blech...save that fancy crap for the competition people.

I'll probably take you up on those seatbelts. Do they have bolt in ends on the lapbelt straps and then wrap around roll bar for top straps?

I have my old set I can pass along and if I still want something fancier can leave yours with Steve or Ted at end if trip.

So how can I get ahold of them? Hoping to pick up my 40 from Birmingham on Sat. the 18th, so at least one leg of trip will be via 75 to Atlanta.

I'll probably take you up on those seatbelts. Do they have bolt in ends on the lapbelt straps and then wrap around roll bar for top straps?

I have my old set I can pass along and if I still want something fancier can leave yours with Steve or Ted at end if trip.

So how can I get ahold of them? Hoping to pick up my 40 from Birmingham on Sat. the 18th, so at least one leg of trip will be via 75 to Atlanta.

They are made to bolt into the stock belt locations and wrap over your cage bars. I used the bolts so you’ll have to source the replacements or use your stock ones.

Honestly, it’ll probably be easiest to mail them as I’m a good 1.5 hrs off your route. Shoot me a pm with your address and I’ll mail them. Feel free to pass them along to a good home if you don’t like them.

Went to Sand Hollow website and went to brochure tab. Everything as we have discussed, The one requirement we have not discussed
“Whip flags required on all OHVs and any registered vehicle driving off road”
#Woody is this something we need, do they have a length requirement?
Also appears the group areas do not have power.

Fairly certain Woody or someone posted in the first few pages that you need a whip, and for those of us who aren't registered/insured - a Utah OHV pass. So I need both.

Would be nice if someone new where best to plan on ordering or buying said whip/flag, and how much.

Went to Sand Hollow website and went to brochure tab. Everything as we have discussed, The one requirement we have not discussed
“Whip flags required on all OHVs and any registered vehicle driving off road”
#Woody is this something we need, do they have a length requirement?
Also appears the group areas do not have power.

What I did when we went to The sand dunes in OK was to run a tall CB antenna with a flag. I did not see a height spec.

://stateparks.utah.gov/activities/off-highway-vehicles/ohv-laws-rules/

Red or orange flag, 12 inches or larger 8 feet off of ground.
I'm planning to display red on the center antenna, and two other flags on my dual CB whips.

So, flags....they are required on STATE land...ie: IN the state park (camping area) once you leave the main roads or camping areas. They are also required on STATE trust land (SITLA), which consists of small scattered parcels in the offroad OHV area. ie: get caught on one of those with no flag, get a $$ fine.

99.999% of the OHV area is BLM land, which does NOT require the flag.....but the 50' stretch you take to get across the sand, thru the tunnel to get to the OHV area is where 99% of tickets occur. State Park peeps can be a PITA...they've toned down a bit, but get a bit nazi on things.

Park gate closes at 10p. Period. You WILL be back in camp before then. However, you can "offroad" from the OHV area via the tunnel to get back into the park without going thru the gate too. FYI, my FZJ80 without the tent "usually" fits thru the tunnel....unless the sand has washed up too much.

They are not picky on flag color, just that you have one. I run an orange mesh one (IH8MUD - Surf-n-Turf from a few years back) in the center of my buggy roof....it's roughly 8' from the ground. Same/similar setups in the other rigs. UTV's and ATV's will drive like idiots on the dunes, so a little flag height never hurts.

And yes, you either need to be DOT licensed in your state, or have a UT OHV permit. Available at Maverick next to Walmart. The UT OHV permit allows you to travel on ATV-approved access roads (which is quite a few). A couple harder trails do require blacktop time (a mile or 3).

I've had my buggy tag checked once, mostly because it's in a "protected" spot and wasn't super visible.

Thanks Woody, good info will come prepared.
With the gate at Sand Hollow closing at 10pm and riding with one more trail Steve I guessing we will not be going to town for dinner every night, so I will bring enough cooking equipment to do group meals. I have lost track of who’s in and who’s out, what are we looking at for numbers currently. ?

Woody. Do i need to bring my title for getting my off road sticker for my trail rig? Currently not registered... but it's street legal from 50 feet.
I saw the ad for the Maverick store

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom