MOAB 2018!!! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think swapping tires and adding a skidplate were unnecessary. Disconnect sway bars and air down a bit would be fine in Moab.

Read through all the posts again so I could summarize for Martin, who is going to try and join us for one of the two weeks, and help me with one leg of the drive. A neighbor (has a BJ40) wants to do the other half, but pretty iffy.

Anyways, would be a huge help to update the first post with a couple of the key details (had even forgotten I'd already paid towards SH campsite).

Have a bit of cabin fever, between work, kids, no surf for months, s*** ton of rainy weather, etc. So prolly a little over amped for this trip.

Screenshot_2018-07-31 days until sept 14 - Google Search.png

is it getting real for you yet?

Looks I may just be wheeling the buggy the whole time. :meh:
Sure as heck ain't gonna get much done on the Gecko in 45 days. :oops: :bang: :deadhorse:

All I have left to do is finish suspension work and electrical work on Spankys truck, repack wheel bearings and check brakes on 4 car and change plug for big truck, the go through my 40 and make sure everything is good and instal electric brake controller in the peterbilt. Should be done in a couple months or so.

All I have left to do is finish suspension work and electrical work on Spankys truck, repack wheel bearings and check brakes on 4 car and change plug for big truck, the go through my 40 and make sure everything is good and instal electric brake controller in the peterbilt. Should be done in a couple months or so.
Yeah, anyone have an issue if we push the trip back couple more weeks or months???
:wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench:
:bang: o_O :crybaby: :doh:

my thoughts exactly, just didn't want to be the one to say it. Like Roger, I have 3 months worth of junk to do and 4 weeks to do it. Just might have to use the Ghecko as a parts rig. :flipoff2:

Well after Moab it will be going under the knife for front and rear axles, front and rear links w/ORI's, transmission and t-case swap out, and major bed modifications to accommodate the other mods, so stealing parts may help with pre-disassembly. haha. As long as it stays rollable....

I'm honestly a little concerned i'm gonna be "that guy" that shows up knowing I need a new clutch but didn't install it, remember him? Anyway, thoughts of wheels and tires are virtually gone replaced with hoping to have a motor that doesn't leak any fluids and a straight front axle. Problem is I aint really kidding, not enough time and waaaaaaayyy too much to do.

Might end up wheeling the rental car.

Might need to bring a bunch of coffee and energy drinks and spend the first 24hours wrenching at Woody's shop (if there's room and he is okay with it, of course).

plan is to drag it home this weekend so I have a little more time (o_O) to work on it. Motor is in and running but I think I have a leak or 2 to track down. Rebuild drivers side of front axle this past weekend but still need to modify some things before I feel good about it.
then onto the rear driveshaft, skid plates etc. before i can call it worthy.

Hope I have resolved my power steering fluid issue but wont know until I test on the trails and dont know when or if I have time for that so...

Roger still gonna kill me for having only 2 tires that hold air for more than a few days. :rofl: Uggh, this thing is far more work lately than fun.:deadhorse:

Gah! Change dates....:flipoff2::worms::moon:

I have just as much if not more to do, slammed at work, not enough sleep, and my junk is still in Birmingham having major surgery. That, and I had to plan months in advance to have in laws fly down to help with the kids.....

I'll be lucky to leave on schedule as planned, but dammit - sure as hell giving it my best shot......:steer:

Still working out my plans after arriving in Vegas on Friday, I keep changing my mind. Been looking for camping in the vicinity for at least Friday night but will also need to find accommodations Saturday night before check-in on Sunday.

Sand Hollow appears to be booked up Saturday night for all campsites, not just our group site so will have to look elsewhere.

FYI, it's been 100*+ in and around Vegas for several days now and Sept does not look much better.

For whomever shows up first at Sand Hollow:

Your Reservation Number: 2-35956770 (Booked 10/29/17)

wxNXcqbK6rwgVIu_nxx_KLuamFw9W4-jh6_tk-cE7ps_bejcsCjV_ab6uMobrFsRC5X5onfbbqOkWxb9RgA3unAuOIIl4BRKFP38TdvHvL2o8dZP0HH5X1Col9vP3p9eTpQf=s0-d-e1-ft

Sand Hollow State Park
Site: GR08
Site Type: GROUP STANDARD
Loop: Group Standard Overnight Use
Primary Occupant: Ted Kinsey
# of Occupants: 10
# of Vehicles: 4
Equipment:
# Of Pets: 0
Arrival Date: Sun Sep 16 2018
Check-in Time: 3:00 PM
Departure Date: Thu Sep 20 2018
Check-out Time: 2:00 PM

Park Hours NO ADMITTANCE AFTER GATE CLOSES
  • April -September 6:00 am - 10:00 pm

Use Fee: $260.00
Transaction Fee: $10.25

Total: $270.25 ($100 contributed by Bill)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom