MOAB 2018!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's with great regret and disappointment that I must inform y'all that due to circumstances
beyond my control I'm going to have to pull out of this trip. I apologize for any hardship this may cause
others If I need to put in some cash to cover expenses already incurred please let me know.
:beer:

It's with great regret and disappointment that I must inform y'all that due to circumstances
beyond my control I'm going to have to pull out of this trip. I apologize for any hardship this may cause
others If I need to put in some cash to cover expenses already incurred please let me know.
:beer:

well F***!!!!! Hope everything is ok. Was gonna call you this week to start making travel arrangements

Was Ben on the 4-car?

Uh-oh.
Who else was interested; do we know anyone else that was hoping to get a spot? I'm never really in that loop, so I just read the results on here when y'all work it out.

Uh-oh.
Who else was interested; do we know anyone else that was hoping to get a spot? I'm never really in that loop, so I just read the results on here when y'all work it out.

Sucks Ben aint going, one of the few wagon guys Roger actually knows and trusts on the trails. Damn it @BGarcia88FJ62 !!

I dunno right now, would be a perfect opportunity for one of the FL guys to jump on. Knock knock @FL cruiser and @Sputnik40 -- would make life so much easier and probably cheaper for you guys. Aside from that maybe @DSLTOY or Spanky knows someone.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it I do know someone who can occupy the spot on the trailer but he will be a nonparticipant. Dave has a small dune buggy he needs to get out there (for his new house) and has said that if a spot opens up he wants it....

"non-participant".... with a DUNE buggy... at a place called SAND mountain.... LoL

Nick Urso, Spankys J**p friend is planning on coming, he has his own 18 wheeler, you may have seen it at GSMTR, but has not had anyone in his group commit so if he can’t get a load in the next week he’ll take the 4th spot.

Started digging with urgency on travel plans today and here's what I'm coming up with.

Flight out: ATL to Vegas, rent car and drive to SH. Total cost <$250. ($100 flight/$140 car)

Flight back from Moab is the issue. Renting a car in Moab is very expensive with it being a one way rental. They're running about $75/day plus drop-off fees of $250 and you cant just do one day if we leave on Saturday or Sunday.

So, that means I'm thumbing a ride outta town. Options are fly out via SLC, ABQ, GJ, or even Denver.

Just throwing it out there to see what options may be there that i can take advantage of.

Last edited:
Crawl Issue 71.

IMG_20180713_182010534_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20180713_182020352.jpg

travel arrangements booked so if you guys bail Im'a gonna come kick some arse!! Flying in and out of LV so I'll have a rental car for the entire 2 week trip.

Talked to Nick today, he is in as 4th on 4 car trailer.
Ted I gave him your number, if Darla (wife) comes he plans to fly into Vegas.

Talked to Nick today, he is in as 4th on 4 car trailer.
Ted I gave him your number, if Darla (wife) comes he plans to fly into Vegas.

excellent. FYI--I'm flying in on Friday mid afternoon and intend on taking 24-36 hours to get to Sand Hollow, there's too much to see along the way to take a direct route.

Another option is to use the Sand Hollow Shuttle, $29 shuttle bus from McCarron Airport to St. George Utah.

Progress - still guessing I'll be the only one driving out from Florida. May bring an enclosed car hauler wired with ac, don't particularly like bringing a lot if junk, but could bring a generator? Need to check on Steve...I know he wanted to go just couldn't commit early on.

Can you post the campsite info again - number and balance owed?

9570.jpeg

Wow Bill. That is turning out really nice!

I probably am not going to make this trip due to my mom's health. I have been making every preparation as if I'm going. Put new tires on tow rig. Made the trail rig street legal and been driving it around getting every last bug out, made many vehicle improvements, Put tool and parts kits together, got three trailer spares ready, etc, etc.

If something changes, I'm ready to go at the drop of a hat.

I probably am not going to make this trip due to my mom's health. I have been making every preparation as if I'm going. Put new tires on tow rig. Made the trail rig street legal and been driving it around getting every last bug out, made many vehicle improvements, Put tool and parts kits together, got three trailer spares ready, etc, etc.

where's the unlike button? Sorry to hear Steve, you will be missed. I hope your mom is doing better very soon.

So technically you're more ready than most everyone else. Will touch base close to last minute. Sure would be nice to have someone to drive out with. I'm good for 36 hours straight, but really need to think of planning for someplace safe to sleep a bit midpoint, or I'm gonna be a wreck the first couple of days.....

Is it just me or does this really spark some nostalgia? (for those that have been anyway)

37900924_10214171972307983_1623379642251476992_n.jpg

And here is a recent picture of an obstacle on Cliffhanger. Really think we're gonna have to give this trail a go, despite the nerves. haha

37933240_10214171981868222_4752450049680605184_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom