Middle East Imported Cruisers (40 and 70-series) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Honger

Joel, TLCA #21509
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
My name is Joel Ericson. I've been on MUD for some time. Via some encouragement from fellow cruiserheads at the Solid Axle Summit, I recently sprang for a small business membership so that I can pitch my “wares” to you all here. I’m not much of a salesman… but I do have a lot to offer if you don’t mind your Land Cruiser having an origin in the Middle East.

My first Land Cruiser ownership started in the Middle East during my 11 years of living there. While there I made some wonderful friends that also enjoyed Cruisers. Through those relationships I got my 1977 FJ40 restored. To make a long story short, the shop that restored my FJ40 asked if I would be interested in sending some to the States for sale… there’s a premium on a properly restored FJ40 here as compared to over in the UAE (though they are reaching parity).

Hence Mideast Classics was born. We’ve imported a number of restored 40-series and more recently experimented with restoring an Omani 70-series Troopy. In addition, I’ve recently branched out into importing project trucks… that is, Land Cruiser’s imported in an as-is condition for a seller to snag and do their own work.

The general model is that my partner in the Middle East sources the trucks and we restore them in his shop. I taught their crew how to do the OEM disk brake conversions as well as power steering upgrades. We have a dummy Vintage Air unit over there that they mockup the AC and heat equipment with. We then import them and do some last-mile work on the trucks including the Vintage Air install. Then we sell them. We is my dad (@KSDaddio) and I. When I still lived overseas he ran the US side of things; now we tag team it.

The project trucks are directly imported without making a stop for restoration.

Our current inventory can be found here: Mideast Classics - https://mideastclassics.com/inventory. There you can also learn a bit more about the past trucks we’ve sold and what services we offer.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on MUD with any questions, or via phone, text, or email:
Joel Ericson
joel@mideastclassics.com
480-408-2988

Last edited:
Last edited:
And finally... the restored trucks we've brought in:

DSC06278.jpg
Ericson Red LandCruiser-16.jpg
11-19-2022 - LandCruiser Project-10.jpg
11-19-2022 - LandCruiser Project-23.jpg
Pick1 copy.jpg
D85_1264 copy.JPG
IMG_1649 copy.jpg

Joel, this is fantastic. Can’t wait to see what you can bring.

Are you setup to export 1997 to 2008 70 or 80 series to Canada? I believe our rule is still 15years but it has been years since I checked.
Thanks,

Are you setup to export 1997 to 2008 70 or 80 series to Canada? I believe our rule is still 15years but it has been years since I checked.
Thanks,
I'm happy to work with a committed buyer on this... I'm unfamiliar with what forms/paperwork/customs requirements Canada has prior to shipping (I've spent a lot of time understanding how that works stateside). I did find a 2006 FZJ75 (with front coils and the fuel injected 1FZ-FE) for a potential Canadian client... it had a higher price and it ultimately didn't go anywhere. DM or text me and we can chat further... I don't want to spool up my guys over there if there's no commitment to move forward with a find.

its awesome that your going "public" here on mud as a vendor.

as weve talked about before, i know new parts available from various vendors both ordered and stateside, but i think there is enough demand for new parts that another vendor would be welcome.

however i think even better than that would be available good used parts, especially body and chassis parts to repair or replace rusted/damaged parts on the project trucks your selling.

i think theres even a small but strong market for wide nose front clips, cabs, beds, ect

Do you ever come across FZJ73s ?

Do you ever come across FZJ73s ?
They are like hen's teeth... when they do pop up for sale the sellers know what they have. Also, they are popular to buy-and-hold by the locals. I've got one person in line for if/when I come across one. I'm not optimistic.

They are like hen's teeth... when they do pop up for sale the sellers know what they have. Also, they are popular to buy-and-hold by the locals. I've got one person in line for if/when I come across one. I'm not optimistic.
Bummer, I think that they would sale well hear !!

Do you have any pickup trucks in the works? 2024 should mean that 79s will start to be importable depending on the manufacture month.

3a9afb29-7803-4d02-8b30-993c15a6bc62.jpeg
4ad6f5d1-c829-4e92-bfd3-7e03ecdd1b55.jpeg
3747a894-fbb9-47f6-9386-bcbff1e792c9.jpeg

1999 with the 1FZ-FE on my radar right now.

Likely one of my next experiments to see how affordable it is to import and what the return is… haven’t had to deal with the chicken tax before.

Do you have a ballpark on what this would cost all in?
Likely $30-35K all-in... imported as-is.

I'm currently working through my normal, painstaking process of more-and-more photos to ascertain the condition as best I can. I've not yet done a pick-up... so don't really know where things shake out with the chicken tax.

Dude!! That's awesome!! Congratulations and good luck with the business. I know you are familiar with my 45 (Maxofarabia's old 45). I might need your services in the future to locate a canopy for the 45.

IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom