Metal OEM Toyota New Oil Filter Housing Cap + Plug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.badlandsexpeditions.wordpress.com
Is this a worthwhile upgrade? I guess the stock oil filter housing is plastic.

Genuine OEM Toyota New Oil Filter Housing Cap + Plug 15620-31060 15643-31050

Amazon product ASIN B07984MX2G

I think it is, I don't like the plastic. You can get it a lot cheaper than that:

Amazon product ASIN B008BHP68A
Or you can go full monty and get bjowett's fancy filter housing with the built in Fumoto valve for easier drainage:

Here it is. Buy one for Toyota Venza. Make sure you replace inside guts from your plastic one to the new one. This is important for proper operations.

Totally worth while. Regular toyota filter wrench fits, less likely to break, can still use the drain tool etc.

Heads up though.. I ordered the correct venza part through my local online parts page, and they automatically changed the number to the correct plastic one for my landcruiser because that's the VIN I entered. Make sure it's actually the aluminum one before you leave if you don't have it delivered.

Yes definitely worth it. I just changed my oil and added this and the TRD filter. My local dealer Stevinson Toyota West and bought both together for $40 plus tax. Check them out online - great prices and service.

Curious, in what vehicle?

Looks like I'll order one. I like the idea of the Fumoto drain especially since I have an ARB skid plate. It would be nice to be able to direct the ild away from the plate.

I suggest you go ahead and get the bjowett part. After you screw around with the Filter oil drain release a couple times you’ll wish you had.
i bought this, and then the $30 brass two way release with hose. It’s ok, but the other part is only $20 Moore and it solves all the problems.

You still have to remove the plate to change the filter. Even so the setup is easier to drain it. I cut a hole in my ARB skid so I wouldnt have to remove it, with a bolter plate covering it

I have since swapped to the Slee skid plate which has a removable panel so you don't have to remove the skid

Curious, in what vehicle?
The metal houssing comes on a Toyota Venza. It is a good upgrade, but the BJowett housing is much nicer.

I don't know why people make a big deal about the stock filter drain process. As long as you put the o-ring onto the tool before inserting into the filter cap and press it in firmly and quickly, you will have no leakage or mess, no issues. A 5yr old could do it.

It can be messy for sure, but not a huge deal, as long as the plastic thing stays in place. I guess I need to locate a 5 yr old service tech - lol.

I had one of the "ears" snap off the stock plastic housing leading to an upgrade to the Venza housing, and later the BJowett. Buying a specialty filter removal tool makes all the difference.

Here are the two I bought:

B86B81F6-CF02-4FBF-9245-C9E9344977A0.jpeg

9A1763E2-D4B5-42C8-8257-D0CBCC172649.jpeg

The BMS one is a work of art.

I have the BJowett housing and wil never use them. Pm me an offer if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom