Builds Meet Phoenix aka Zombie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you read earlier we teased him about it already. Just think how clean every connection IS on that truck!

I think that your voltage is too high. Stock alternator and ic regulator should be putting out 14-(EDIT) 14.7

View attachment 1644985
You’re right, It’s running a bit high at 15.2V. The gauge is to 16 with the hashmark being 14 so it’s reading pretty accurate. Thanks for looking out.

2BDD4EA5-F97F-40AC-B857-826EE849FC92.jpeg

AB04C5DE-4B61-4916-8CAA-C205DB6FE989.jpeg

My bad, Marc I started that... I saw the gauge as 18 and told him. Musta been the angle of the dash on your video. My apologies for being an instigator @g-man and @mwebfj60.

Yeah, she told me this...

I have a very evident click click noise from my wipers. I’ll have to check all my contacts too. Wouldn’t it be fun to get the volts up to 18 like @mwebfj60’s 60?

and I had flash backs of a friend with a 66 t-bird who's voltage regulator went. His volts were right up there around 18v ...needless to say he went through a couple of batteries rather quickly (overcharging) before he figured it out.

Dude, I wish I had that kinda voltage capability...

Not much going on the 62, just waiting to get into the exhaust shop. I try to get a few miles in every day. Runs great, I think I like the 3FE more than the 2F but I enjoy tinkering with carbs over sensors. The 60s shake down was a trip above Timberline on an unmaintained mountain road in CO. The 62s will probably be the dunes.

Got around to doing the thirds and putting the stock hubs back on the 60 and realized one of the covers was broken. Found these when searching for parts online and gave them a shot. The quality is very good. AISIN FHT-013.

46803D80-BC5F-4D89-AE28-61E8E51F140D.jpeg

5A3A7CB4-9D88-44BD-8BB6-FEAC2C2B42EA.jpeg

7EB3E88B-BAB5-44BB-9D95-4743F49281B9.jpeg

E6436017-8B0B-4882-A2D7-A654B1987D8C.jpeg

2665B1C6-FAB7-48CD-97F2-6A82C4316DEF.jpeg

I loving the progress and the detail.

I have been looking for a throttle cable 35520-60050. Where were you able to find that?

Also, where did you find the Raybestos calipers and discs?

Keep up the good work

An update on the dash pad repair....it has started to crack so the repair didn’t hold up. I think it would on a dash that wasn’t so far gone.
Not much else progress wise, the project was eating up my snowboarding money so had to be put on hold.
Trans is good to go and overall it runs and drives great. Putting a handful of miles in every couple of days.
Now that boarding season seems to be over, I should be able to get the exhaust and last items done in a month or so...

Pic through the windshield, hard to see but there’s a solid crack there. Bummer

2152185E-F573-4F11-8515-F58625F91584.jpeg

They are available new. I will take your cracked one if you decide to replace it.

They are available new. I will take your cracked one if you decide to replace it.
I may have to accept defeat and go that route. I’ll be by to see you one of these days.

Boo on the cracks man!!!! I am scared for mine once I pull the dash and start working on it as mine is pretty bad. Had originally planned on recovering with vinyl but after watching yours and then looking at how bad my dash is in comparison, I think I may just go with one of the SOR caps and call it good.

Well, there goes my morning at work. What a thread! Can't believe it took 13 pages to start up. I think I've found myself a good hobby for when I win lotto. Thanks for posting :beer:

Boo on the cracks man!!!! I am scared for mine once I pull the dash and start working on it as mine is pretty bad. Had originally planned on recovering with vinyl but after watching yours and then looking at how bad my dash is in comparison, I think I may just go with one of the SOR caps and call it good.
No doubt. Definitely a bummer. I’m not sure which way I’m heading with it, it’s fairly low on the priority list right now. I need to get street legal soon.

Well, there goes my morning at work. What a thread! Can't believe it took 13 pages to start up. I think I've found myself a good hobby for when I win lotto. Thanks for posting :beer:
I’m just waiting for the lotto to come through as well! Thanks :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom