Massive Bulb Smackdown (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Question Canman,

how hard is to remove the dash like that?

Thanks

Question Canman,

how hard is to remove the dash like that?

Thanks

It's not that technically challenging, but it is time consuming. It took me probably 8 hrs to get the dash out. In reality there isn't more than 40-50 screws/ bolts that need to be removed. The FSM isn't that great when it comes to showing and describing what screws/ bolts are where and the details associated with taking stuff apart. It just states remove this remove that etc. Knowing what I know now, I could probably easily do it in half that time. I took some pics as I was reassembling, and at some point I will try to start a thread on dash removal/ installation.

Interesting concept. If they are junk then I don't want to have the same one again. Why do you want to double the junk?

Mine have all been fine, but others have had issues, the quality of Chinese goods varies from good to very poor.

The mentality is the same as your spare tire. If one goes bad your not wasting your time to get another.

$3-4 is not a huge investment, if you don't use give to someone else.

Anyone know if those green bulbs in the instrument cluster are the same as the ones in the JDM overhead console? I pulled mine a little while ago and they were green....

Installed my antenna bulb earlier today :) (kinda weird seeing it at night now lol)

Happen to know if these are supposed to illuminate?

newsuperiorredwoodz15.JPG

Dimmer dial, Mirror switch and Diff Lock knob?

Installed my antenna bulb earlier today :) (kinda weird seeing it at night now lol)

Happen to know if these are supposed to illuminate?

Dimmer dial, Mirror switch and Diff Lock knob?

Good question. I kinda pouched my dimmer switch when I tapped into the wire leads for my aux driving lights and air compressor switches. I seem to recall though that the diff lock switch used to light up, but maybe this is wishful thinking. I just checked and the hazard switch I used for my air compressor isn't lit. :doh:

So which position is the odd one for?

If you mean the 90072-02006, it's Green in color so it should be for the "D" Drive, I'm thinking.

If you mean the 90072-02006, it's Green in color so it should be for the "D" Drive, I'm thinking.
I finally dove into this and found that @blkprj80 had it right. It's the one pictured with the green dot & it's the backlight bulb.

I accidentally ordered the 02005 which is clear. I think I read somewhere that you can reuse the green cover on the original. We'll see

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom