STOLEN Mass. Stolen fj62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everybody, not sure if this is the best forum to post, but anyway if anyone is in the western Mass area, please keep a look out for a two tone blue (light blue on top of dark blue) fj62. My beloved 62 was stolen from me yesterday afternoon in Chicopee. This truck has been my Dailey driver for nearly a decade now. It looks real bad, lots of rusts showing, lots of black primer, home made front bumper that I never got to finish so its unpainted,
strait, somewhat like a 40 series bumper. Duct tape on the front right quarter (to keep road salt out, have a new quarter piece cut, shaped and fitted but didn't get around to tacking it) (have done lots of body patches over the years, some good, some not so good). Anyway it looked beat, and it was. Pushin 370k on New England Landcruiser d.d. and it showes. It is dirty, ugly, slow, a gas pig, a little shakey, and it's the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have a stock pile of new parts for it, and wasn't ready to let her go. I was going to drive it until the was no possible way to fix it anymore and some bastard stole it. Now I will never know how far it would have gone. I'm not really expecting to ever get it back, but I would like to, whatever the condition, I'll fix it. This truck is most likely in someone's back yard, or chop shop in the Springfield, Chicopee, Holyoke area being torn apart for scap. I doubt it's on a trail, there's not much woods in the area, but if anyone in the area happens upon a 62 carcass out wheelin, let me know please, I will recover.
I have been lurking in the Mud forums for a while, but have never posted before. Too bad this is the first. You are a great community, with a wealth of knowledge! I have never needed to ask any questions because they are always answered by looking through theads.
Any help finding my cruiser would be greatly appreciated. Good night to all.

Sorry. F'n thieves. :mad:

Doubt it will turn up on this side of the country but eyes open.

All best it is used by meth heads to take to the mountains. Call the local police station and have the police cars do a swing by some of the past meth head owenrs places that may have your truck. This is how a police station employee found her stolen suv by looking in the registry of past convicted meth heads.

All best it is used by meth heads to take to the mountains. Call the local police station and have the police cars do a swing by some of the past meth head owenrs places that may have your truck. This is how a police station employee found her stolen suv by looking in the registry of past convicted meth heads places and found her SUV.

That's a great idea. Unfortunately the police around here don't like to do too much.

:mad:

Keeping an eye out in Northern CT. Right down Rte 10.

...via IH8MUD app

Last edited:
APB on Bax and O'brien Monday may help.

...via IH8MUD app
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it shot, although I don't think they would waste the air time. Not everyone loves these machines like we do.

I'll be on 84 and 87 tomorrow for awhile...if its heading south or east I'll keep an eye peeled..

The only way your your land cruiser wont get stolen is to paint it pink :)
Next L.c. I get, pink it will be, if I can ever find another up here. I swear a New England winter is the only the world a Land cruiser doesn't go through well.

I'll be on 84 and 87 tomorrow for awhile...if its heading south or east I'll keep an eye peeled..
Thanks for keepin an eye out. I don't think anyone would be driving it, It is way too conspicuous , every one looks at it , especially the cops. It was either ditched, and pillaged, or being cut up for scrap.

At this point, I'm more interested in finding out who did it. It wasn't just the tuck, I had the title to my project '72 dodge dart that I bought several years ago. Never registered the car so the Rmv has no record of me as an owner. The guy I bought it from was selling it because he was moving to Cali. I don't even remember his name. I also had a few pricey tools, a 1 1/2 ton chain comealong , a good American made, coffing I think, had a 15' chain, newish digital battery charger, a torque multiplayer 3/4-1" drive, used for wrenching out giant bolts for industrial mechanics, cost about a grand, a few other misc tools and some personal information. Somebody was watching me and knew my habits, as I am in and out of my truck many times a day in a fairly secluded parking lot. The truck was only out of my site for about 15 min. Creepy!

If there are very few gas stations, post a pic to the cashiers and ask them to keep a eye out for your vehicle. DVR will record a image of the suspect to :)

My 4Runner was broken into last Christmas. My backpack which contained most of my life was swiped. I left the truck in a busy parking lot for 10 minutes and it was hit. These guys do watch you. In my case guys were swiping Fisher snowplow controllers. Mine was not in the truck.

Homeowners or renters insurance will cover the contents, so write a list of items and call your insurance company.

...via IH8MUD app

One guy in town my Dad knew kept getting his stereo stolen out of his Toy pickup. So he hung a bunch of fish hooks under the dash. One day he came outta work and their the guy was with his hands stuck.
If ppl really want your stuff they will get it no matter what, theirs only so much you can do. Sounds like your cruiser was pretty beat. I mean it sucks, but at least it wasnt a pristine 62. Its good to put the word out to catch the guys, but I would use this as an opportunity to move on. Find another cruiser thats a solid platform for yourself. Don't be afraid to spend a couple more g's to get a nice one. Then put a kill switch in it and buy a club or something too.

My 4Runner was broken into last Christmas. My backpack which contained most of my life was swiped. I left the truck in a busy parking lot for 10 minutes and it was hit. These guys do watch you. In my case guys were swiping Fisher snowplow controllers. Mine was not in the truck.

Homeowners or renters insurance will cover the contents, so write a list of items and call your insurance company.

...via IH8MUD app
I do have have home owners insurance. I did not know that it covers theft of objects left in a vehicle. Thank you soo much for that information. I will contact my insurance co. Although they have been very difficult to deal with in the past.
Loosing the title to my Dart is what bothers me the most. Now there is nothing I can ever do with the car. I will have to find another to buy for the vin#. Not too many around anymore.

If there are very few gas stations, post a pic to the cashiers and ask them to keep a eye out for your vehicle. DVR will record a image of the suspect to :)
There is on gas station close by, in the direction I think it was headed. The station is set back off the road a bit. I stopped yesterday to look where they have the cameras pointed. They are all pointed at the pumps, and parking lot. None pointed at the road. I am sure the thief didn't stop because it was reported stolen within a few min. There are a lot of red light cameras in the area, but the police won't do anything to help. After all its not their job to catch criminals.
I don't think I have any pics of the truck otherwise I would have posted them here. ( I need to start taking more pictures).

One guy in town my Dad knew kept getting his stereo stolen out of his Toy pickup. So he hung a bunch of fish hooks under the dash. One day he came outta work and their the guy was with his hands stuck.
If ppl really want your stuff they will get it no matter what, theirs only so much you can do. Sounds like your cruiser was pretty beat. I mean it sucks, but at least it wasnt a pristine 62. Its good to put the word out to catch the guys, but I would use this as an opportunity to move on. Find another cruiser thats a solid platform for yourself. Don't be afraid to spend a couple more g's to get a nice one. Then put a kill switch in it and buy a club or something too.
The truck was beat, but had solid frame, and floors. I liked having something I could drive year round. The thing was freakin awesome in the snow. Got a kick out being able too pass brand new jeeps in a blizzard, with my 25 year old P.O.S.
I have had the truck for ten years now. In that time I put it through so much abuse, pulling, towing, bargin through, crawling over whatever. Took it all like a champ, then asked for "more please". The thing never left me stranded, and always did what I needed it to do, and more without ever complaining . A little sentimental I guess you could say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom