New LC owner in CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

camo51

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello Everyone,

New member. I live in Lakewood, CO. I used to four wheel a lot when I was younger and in college but have not been able to lately. Started looking into purchasing something about 2 years ago after going in my friends lifted explorer. I was in the market for a Jeep Cherokee but this land cruiser fell into my lap. Being given a 2000 Land Cruiser with 230,000 miles here in a few weeks. I have driven it a few times and it runs ok. I will add pics to this post once I get the vehicle. I have no idea on the maintenance history yet and I will try to get a look at it soon.

The plan is too hopefully in the next 6 months to turn this into an off road rig. But, I figure I would get the main maintenance items done first. Starting to make a list of parts and things to do once I get it. I have read many of the faqs and many of the posts here. It looks like the link for the free download of the factory service manual no longer works. Does anyone have an updated link? I feel like I am forgetting something in the below list.

Front differential fluid change
Rear differential fluid change
Transfer case fluid change
Transmission fluid change
oil change and filter

flush radiator
Replace Heater Tee's

flush power steering
replace brake pads and rotors
flush brake fluid

grease all zirc fittings
Greased/lubed drive line/propeller shafts, and re-torqued flange bolts

Air Filter
fuel filter
wiper blades

thermostat and gasket
starter replacement
water pump
timing belt and belt tensioner
Serpentine belt
idler pulleys
crank seal
cam seals
valve cover gasket

spark plugs
coils

cv axles

Alternator?
scan gauge 2 install
interior lighting upgrade

vacuum, clean, and condition leather

Welcome. Sounds like you're in for a fun time! Great list of PM. If it was me, I would only replace the starter, rotors, coils, alternator, and CVs if needed by symptom and not just for the heck of it, so to speak. I don't see front wheel bearings and spindle bearing on your list, unless those are included in the "lube drive line" item. Break out the ratchet set and have it, when you get the truck. The price was sure right.

I believe you can get the manuals thru the toyotaowners website. All you really need is the VIN. The site will also show you the service history, if performed by Toyota. Super jealous of how close you are to Slee

Adding the wheel bearings and spindle bearings to my list.

I actually live in Littleton(accidently put Lakewood in first post) and work in Lakewood. Slee is just on the otherside of the small hill from where I work. I do plan on spending some money there in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom