lx450 hydro assist pics (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

and just the truck

97 lx 150k mi
chevy d60 front, spool, 5.13's, 35 spline outers, polyperformance drive flanges

14b rear, spool, 5.13's, disc brakes

17x9 black rock steelies, glo weld on beadlocks

37x13.5 pitbull rockers

metaltech bumper and sliders

iron pig skid

offroad design 3/8 wall dom tie rod, budbuilt draglink (stock length)

warn 9.5xp, amsteel blue rope

rear suspension setup is stock other than the lift

driveshafts are stock, bolted to flanges from driveshaft superstore
IMAG0148.jpg
IMAG0149.jpg
IMAG0114.jpg

Last edited:
when we look at houses the wife looks for a garage to appease me, no garage we wont buy chances are.

I agree with you vw, my hydro assist was the best mod I've ever done, steering on the con is like steering on the street!

That is a proper 80! Glad to see someone pushing the envelope and posting actual pics of it too. Is it safe to assume this is not driven much on the street?

dont drive it much (usually on a trailer). one headlight is completely broken out, both tail lights are gone, and the pass window and mirror are missing. but to be honest, it drives almost as well as it did when i had the stock axles. i had some bad steering shake before the hydro assist but its gone now. the pit bull tires have balancing patches glued the inside of the tire and they are smoother than any "mud" tire ive ever had. i had it out on the road the other day doing 60mph heading to a wheelin spot near my house and it drove perfect. the tires dont shake at all, even with the beadlocks. i hadnt driven it on the road since i put the beadlocks on and i was truly amazed at how it drove.

just a little update on the hydro assist. i went to big dogs this past weekend and ran basically all the 9 and 10 rated trails. the hydro assist worked perfectly. i never was in any situation where i needed more steering power and even pushed a few large boulders out of the way using the steering. the rocks at big dogs have a ridiculous amount of traction so i was very impressed with how well the steering worked with that much traction.

very nice. like the 3 link setup. whats next 40s?

Are your Pitbulls bias or radial? Everything I've read from folks say they love those tires, I'd like to try the 41X13.50's in the radial version...

-A

they are bias. i have no complaints so far. these tires are balanced better and more round the last few radial mud tires ive had. they came with weight patches ironed on the inside of the tires. i just mounted them with no extra balancing and they ride really good even with the beadlocks. i will definitely consider these in a bigger size when the time comes.

Ive got the Pitbull Radials and i cant say enough good about these tires. onroad and off. for such an aggressive pattern, they are surprisingly smooth and noisy, but tolerable. i am (over)due for my first rotation and the biting edges still look almost brand new. offroad, they just flat out work. dont hesitate to buy rockers if you are considering them. you will not be dissapointed. my 37s are E rated and tough as nails.

im hoping to step up to the 41.5" radials after these.

wv_lx450 how far away from ivy(charleston) are you...we will be down there in a month, hatfield mccoys bought our playground down there.:frown:

Last edited:
Really Nice Build Indeed. It's motovated me to get moving on my rig once again, kinda got distracted this last year, and I have no excuse because I have parts just waiting to go on the rig. Now I just have to make the time :) High Steer, hydro here I come!

-A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom