Lose The Lexus Or Lose My Membership !!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wob said:
Hey, thanks for your opinion. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, douchebag.

Nice first post Monster45....I'll second the above post.

I vote lose your membership. We don't need people like you.

I went to your site when it first started and it looked like it could be a good site. I kindly sent you a message that your link to Vintage off road would offened the serious Cruiser folks and provided you a link as to why. You said you would look into it. Several months later I checked out your site again,and there was the link to Vintage. I haven't been back since.

So, The only conclusion I can make is your not a real cruiser head or you wouldn't provide a link to that asshat.

I vote lose your membership. You and Monro belong together.

TLCA does an outstanding job. I think Todd did a great job in explaining the Lexus.

I have seen that Lexus in person as Christo is a member of our club. It's awesome and the things Christo has done for the 80 and 100 series are innovative and have added to the community. The lexus is the same thing, thats why in my search for an 80 I'll take the best deal on an 80 of LX450 that meets my requirements.

Ken Romer - Proud member of the TLCA and Rising Sun 4x4 club.

What's that phrase...? "opinions are like assholes, everyone has one..."
Monster should be entitled to have an opinion, but he hopefully learned that as a result of opening his trap, the flood gates are now open for the rest of our opinions!

Monster, relax, thanks for the opinion, but you are a bitter dude. The Lexus pictures and article were great, and all it did was make me want to work harder and build one of those someday. I love the old toys but how nice would it be wheeling with leather, heated seats, cd, arb's, and a suit.....

But again, nice opinion and thanks for the resulting good laughs!

Trails, keep up the good work and when my 100 series is built, I'll let you know so Nolen can snap some shots of me at Katemacy!!

Good stuff.

Goebs

Romer said:
We don't need people like you.

Ken Romer - Proud member of the TLCA and Rising Sun 4x4 club.

that's one the most ignorant statements i've read on this board!
we need everybody, and we're all here to express our opinions. so frank's not cool with having a lexus on the cover. big fing deal. have you been excited about every article in TT? maybe he's just venting excessively because of something completely unrelated in his life. at least he had the balls to stand up and let his thinking be known.

i say everybody chill out. we have enough enemies.

and i'm not calling for one of those tree-hugger hippy fxxx "group hugs" here; that would be super-gay!

orangefj45 said:
we need everybody, and we're all here to express our opinions. so frank's not cool with having a lexus on the cover. big fing deal. have you been excited about every article in TT? maybe he's just venting excessively because of something completely unrelated in his life. at least he had the balls to stand up and let his thinking be known.

and i'm not calling for one of those tree-hugger hippy fxxx "group hugs" here; that would be super-gay!

I encourage his opinions as I do all of those in this thread.

No group hugs necessary.

I am sure Frank and I would get along handily with out Cruiserish rigs on the trail.

Enough web wheeling, I am off to ICBM in my buggy Fake J 45!!!!

I kind of cracked up when I went to his website. There aren't a lot of "true" cruisers in our community. Heck, think of everything you've put on that's not OEM... That's about all that separates the 470 from the 100, a few parts.

Chill out and move on dude.

Hats off to the TLCA gang! Nothing like a thankless job for which you receive a subscription worth, what, $25 / year.

Chris

PS - 2F's kickass, fawk those V8's :D

orangefj45 said:
!

Allright, I got fired up. I just was irritated that he wanted it his way or else. Thats a lot different than voicing an opinion.

Thanks for taking me down a notch Orangefj45 (I mean it). That was an inappropriate statment on my part and it may based on my getting a speeding ticket right before I read this post. However, I stll disagree with his opinion.

So let me clarify;

Frank, I'm sorry you feel that way, I don't agree with you. You have to decide to do what your going to do. I still recommend you get rid of the Vintage Link, he is an asshat.

Is that better?

Frank,

1st I respect your opinion, however I very strongly disagree. If I may be so bold as to suggest something:

Get out and wheel with some of these so called "suits". Attend a TLCA event and meet the people you are talking about. They are the reason I am a TLCA member. TT is a very close second.

Hope to wheel w/ you some day - your 45 looks like it would be fun to be on the trail with.

Bruce

pismojim said:
Its shows the power of an inclusive open minded attitude.

I've experienced this positive LC attitude. Let me tell you, it has done nothing but strengthen everyone's opinion of the LC group.

Amazing what kind of trouble brews when Toyota changes a .50 cent emblem.

orangefj45 said:
Well my statemnent is darn close, and I stand by it.......the guys that do 95% of the work in all orgaizations, if they are not careful spend 75% of their time trying to coddle and cater to the wishes of a couple of guys that want their agenda, and woe be it to anyone that disagrees.
Georg, I know you work your ass off on the 45 run, now how would you feel if some guy blasted you in a open forum, and demanded changes like this?
Call Mark and we'll sing Kum ba Yah
Butch :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Texican said:
Well my statemnent is darn close, and I stand by it.......the guys that do 95% of the work in all orgaizations, if they are not careful spend 75% of their time trying to coddle and cater to the wishes of a couple of guys that want their agenda, and woe be it to anyone that disagrees.
Georg, I know you work your ass off on the 45 run, now how would you feel if some guy blasted you in a open forum, and demanded changes like this?

Hey what ya mean combat is optional, your full awn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep everyone has opinion, guess this guy thought more would jump on his ban wagon.

Reminds me of my old days in the Union, as the president I would sit up front and listen to peoples gripes. Funny thing was the guy furthest back had the biggest mouth yet would stay outa site.

These were the people with the least involvement who always felt when they were done wrong by I should jump up and challenge management (perceptions).

You know what, the worlds full of these types and you learn to tolerate instead of hate and they mostly really do not know they are ASSS SHATS.

I have never joined the membership and never really understood it until now, for whatever reason I have waited this long it will be this year that I join and maybe even throw in a little Radd Cruiser advertising.

Looking forward to reading anything from the latest cruiser to the oldest cruiser and everthing in between.

my .02. That lexus could outwheel my cruiser in a second. Looks nicer too.
I drive a tank, because i like tanks. I think its sweet someone would wheel that. Props to that guy. A scratch on his paint is worth more than my truck.

Texican said:

F that, let's have a cold beer!

and if somebody wants to complain about the 45 run, go right ahead. you know what my answer would be:
"why don't you try to do it better?!"
and then i'd politely (or not) tell them to kiss my ass!!!!!!

now where's that cold beer?!

and frank; constructive criticism is one of the things i appreciate most. now get rid of that vintage link!
F mushro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Monster, where's post #2?

Surely your anger won't let you sit idly by with no response?

Unless of course, your real purpose was to advertise your web site :rolleyes:

Phil

I'm a member of TLCA for no other reason than it is a good cause. It's not for the magazine. In fact when I get my trails I open the plastic, page through it in about 2 minutes, and then put it on my night stand to slowly be burried under other magazines that I also have no time to read now that I have a 9 month old running my life.

The TLCA is not just the Trails.

:beer:

Let me take this opportunity to thank all of the staff and contributors that make up the Toyota Trails. Thank you.

Monster is entitled to his opinion and I'll just leave it at that.

TJK is telling it like it is and addressing the future head-on.

We are starting to see more and more wagons on the trail with us. I've owned my FJ40 for about 9 years and I just got a 1991 FJ80 this year and I absolutely LOVE it and can't wait to get it on the trails to see how it does. And heck yeah - I am gonna love wheeling those trails with my favorite CD playing and the air conditioning blowing in my face for a change! Not to worry - my reliable FJ40 is not going anywhere and will still see more than it's share of duty on the trails.

So now TT is evolving with us and is covering more of the wagon series. If that means that the occasional Lexus gets thrown in the mix I am okay with that - after all, it's just a Land Cruiser in disguise!

Eric Dobson
FLCA #121
TLCA #12045

monster 45 said:
It was then that I noticed that the photo on
the cover was some kind of sorry excuse for an offroad vehicle, namely a
LEXUS!!!!!

Uhm, lets see, if you knew your Land Cruisers as you say you do you would know that the US version of the Lexus is sold as is, with all the options in Japan as a Land Cruiser. OK, the grill is different, but all the options that make it a Lexus is available on the the Land Cruiser. Memory Seats, skyhook hydraulic suspension etc.

The only conclusion that I can make is that you then say that the 100 series is also a sorry excuse for a Land Cruiser and Todd must never feature one of those, oh, he did a couple months ago. Why did you not shout then?

Would it be more of a Cruiser if I rip the 4.7 motor out and replace with a Chevy 350, put a L46E (or whatever, I happen to know Toyota tranny numbers) tranny it it with Atlas transfercase and some portals or Dana axles? Hell, I could swap the badging to Toyota, should be easy, chaning the hood and lights (which are just about the only exterior pieces that are different) might be a little more difficult.

Just one word, Toyota did not stop existing when they stopped making the FJ40. If it was not for the current models etc etc, would you have been able to walk into the dealer and purchase oem parts for your rig. Hell no, if they were still trying to sell the FJ40 (and few other cars that they started with in the US) I think they would be out of business.

Psst, read this http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/news/03/0929.html

Oh, and for the other comments on the cost of the vehicle, hey a 1998 LX470 does not go for $60k. It has a 100k miles on it and I am pretty sure I have less money it in than Nolen in his genuine Toyota FJwhateveritisthisweeksinceIwillchangeitnextweek :D

Plus I was asked by one of the SUITS from TLCA for a ride. Hell, I thought he was going to show up in a suit so I had to have a decent ride for him. If he was exposed to the elements in a open top FJ45 he might have gotten his facts wrong on the trip and actually wrote an article on expedition wheeling and that it is possible to do that in the us, instead of a inflamatory article on vehicles that should never belong in the trails. I guess that Taco does not count since it was probably made in Canada or some other country. Also the FJ60 did not count either.

Ok, I have to go to the shop now and remove those Lexus symbols. I just can't take it anymore.

Psst Frank, nice of you to keep the Toyota sheetmetal on that 45. If it was not for that I could have sworn it was some chevy mudbogger from the south :flipoff2: (no offence to any Lexus drivers in the south :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom