Lose The Lexus Or Lose My Membership !!!!!!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BEAUTIFULL!!!! so so true :)

jesterb said:
Exactly how many Toyota parts do you have on that thing anyway. Goes right back to my "jake leg with a buzz box comment". Now dont get me wrong, I'm cool with V8's and dana 60's, but lets call a spade a spade. Christo's Lexus is 100% more of a Land Cruiser than that monstrosity of a rig that you so loosely call a fj45. And to top it off, your in bed with Mushro :rolleyes: .

Hey i will put my LEXUS 4.7 powered fj55 up against any 40yr old chevey conversion.
goes like stink, factory e/lockers,heated leather seats,ac ,and 22mpg,and ITS ALL TOYOTA MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Todd K ,,niceley said.
TLCA ROCKS

So Todd and I were sitting around the Toyota Trails Editorial office today having a few drinks with our feet up on the desk and this came across the wire.

Man, the office is buzzing today!

Well, gotta go, Brooks Brothers is having a 30% off sale on suits.......

see if you can get me a new Pimp suit :D

wngrog said:
So Todd and I were sitting around the Toyota Trails Editorial office today having a few drinks with our feet up on the desk and this came across the wire.

Man, the office is buzzing today!

Well, gotta go, Brooks Brothers is having a 30% off sale on suits.......

Stay out of my Signature Woody!

hehehehe...could you please pass the cheap plastic bottle of yellow mustard when you have a moment?

:flipoff2:

Who the fawk is this bozo anyway, someone tell me?
Butch

Personally, I loved the issue. A little diversity within the brand is an excellent thing. A Toyota is a Toyota.

If you really want to get uptight then I can say (And this is complete sarcasm) how dare you put a Chevy V8 in your Toyota!

I look forward to Nolen's stories more than anything else in TT, He has really brought something special to the magazine and I look forward to more interesting stories on that awesome Lex Cruiser.

Texican said:
Who the fawk is this bozo anyway, someone tell me?
Butch

He's just your regular old run of the mill deuchebag that was looking to get flamed.

Thanks Monster 45

Monster
Thanks for expressing your opinion. I respectfully disagree. I think Todd does a fine job, and I stand behind his choice to feature a built by Toyota Lexus. Try and open your mind a little. The event was a by invitation only event put on by ARB, I have no problem with name dropping in this case-especially since ARB buy signifcant ad space in our/your magazine.

Also, the material published on Toyota Trails is submitted almost exclusively by our membership. Feel free to submit material you feel might be more relevant to the club-there's even a $50 reward if your stuff is published.

Lastly, you left me off your list of "TLCA suits."
Alan Loshbaugh, Central and Mountain Rep here: loshbaugha@missouri.edu

Geez I hope I beat Nolen to Brooks Brothers, as we're nearly the same size-but I simply must stop at Starbucks on the way over...

Screw you all, I'm pissed at seeing that freakin' Lexus on the cover too. Why can't I have enough money to wheel a luxury sedan. Who the fawk wants to see something that doesn't have 200K miles and more Dana parts than Toyota.

I'm TLCA #14279 fawkers and that means you should listen to my opinion and I'm jealous as hell of that asshat wheeling the piss out of a brand new LX470, when I win the lottery, my Lexus will kick the s*** out of that one. Corporate bastards, maybe you should quit your jobs at TT and go to work for Forbes FYI. I don't need you money grubbing elitist bastards wrecking the Land Cruiser community with your cheap foreign knockoffs and their pretty leather seats.

haystax said:
Screw you all, I'm pissed at seeing that freakin' Lexus on the cover too. Why can't I have enough money to wheel a luxury sedan. Who the fawk wants to see something that doesn't have 200K miles and more Dana parts than Toyota.

I'm TLCA #14279 fawkers and that means you should listen to my opinion and I'm jealous as hell of that asshat wheeling the piss out of a brand new LX470, when I win the lottery, my Lexus will kick the s*** out of that one. Corporate bastards, maybe you should quit your jobs at TT and go to work for Forbes FYI. I don't need you money grubbing elitist bastards wrecking the Land Cruiser community with your cheap foreign knockoffs and their pretty leather seats.

For the record, that Lexus had over 100K on the clock :D

Not that anyone wants my opinion but here it is the story of my experiences with the newest issue of TT and this article:

I opened my PO box with anticipation that day because I knew my trails should just about be here. I got a huge rush of excitement as I saw the plastic cover and new it was non-other than my new issue of trails hiding out under the phone bill and junk mail. As I pulled it from the box it flopped open and I thought I saw a Lexus emblem, I paused and moved the junk mail to the side and stared, Hunh that looks like the 100 series Lexus?? Well I went home and sat it there on the coffee table and started my just home from work routine and changed cloths, cooked dinner and all that. Every time I passed by it I caught myself glancing at the cover with concern. Well finally I had a chance to investigate the situation. As I usually do with trails I do a quick flip through to pick out what I want to read first. I caught the name Slee and realized that this Lexus was one of his. That relaxed me a little because I know he has done some amazing things with the 80 and created quite a few aftermarket products that previously weren’t available. He also has lots of good info on his website about 80s that I have looked at several times as I consider adding a 80 series to my fleet of LCs. As I read the article I realized the ARB adventure was looking for a cross section of offroad vehicles this help set me further at ease. By the end of the article I was wishing I was there in beautiful BC bouncing my 55 down the trails with them. I know in my heart I would love to get a chance to take a ride in that highly modified grocery getter. I have no doubts that the 100 in the article couldn’t wheel the butt of my old stock FJ-55.

It is good to look at the future and I have a lot of respect for Cristo Slee for having the balls and the cash to take a rig like that and modify it and wheel in. I am sure that Toyota trails will not turn into a 80/100 series magazine over night. I have a soft spot for the old ones and I that is the content in trails that interests me the most but I still like seeing what is on the horizon for Toyota with things stuff like the 100 series and that new 40 that isn’t out yet.

As far a Lexus goes it is the same damb thing as most all of us here know. Usually the differences are almost entirely cosmetic and monetary between the two. Those differences are little things that don’t really make that big a difference anyway so WHO cares! I assume they are made with almost 99% or more the same parts and most likely in the same factory by the same workers. I own a Dodge that is REALLY a Mitsubishi 3000gt.

In reference tards like the original poster TLCA doesn’t need anymore. If he wants to leave then good. I don’t know I would want to be lumped into the same group with that guy anyway.

On the matter of adds from vendors like ARB/Slee Offroad and links to them and there products, HURAH HURAH!! One of the reasons I get Toyota Trails is so I can see what products and new developments there are for our uncommon vehicles. I only wish the HFS suspension shown in the issue had rear springs for my 55.

I truly appreciate all of the hard work and time that is given to TLCA and Toyota Trails by its members. Don’t take comments like the one above to heart. Your work is recognized and appreciated even though you probably don’t hear from us half as often as from the knuckles heads!

----
why don't you email these officers and "suits" and tell them you
think they SCREWED THE POOCH on this Toyota Trails issue and that YOU
ARE MAD AS HECK!!!!!!

Their emails are:
echristiansen@carondelet.com
-------
Wow.. I get enough pay to buy a suit? if you wanna email me to discuss TLCA or phone me, my #'s in the front of the trails.. I actually get a free subscription to the trails but that is the only compensation. Most officers do the job for the fun of the job and because they enjoy talking trucks and visiting with the other members.. I know I do, well, sometimes I don't! But for the most part I do.. It's a freakin car club.. Not worth getting upset about, raising your bloodpressure, etc.. It should be fun and entertaining each and every time you think about the TLCA..
If you'd like to attend a BOD meeting, join a local chapter and become a rep, or contact your regional rep and I'm sure we can arrange for your voice to be heard. Heck I'm listening now..
Or I challenge you.. Write your own article and submit.. THe TLCA and the Trails is a magazine for the people by the people.. Todd takes the time to make it presentable cause most of us can't spell or don't take the time to write stuff up!
Go to an event, have fun, meet people.. That's what the TLCA is all about(to me at least) .. The magazine is a total bonus for me.. Life's too short to be upset..
Erik.. TLCA Secretary.. Unpaid and proud..

What I'm really pissed about is that you must mail that thing out in order of TLCA member number because mine doesn't show up until a week after you jerks brag about how good the new issue is and spoil the surprise for me. :flipoff2:

Keep up the good work and if you get too busy to ride bitch on these trips please let me know, I maybe know someone who could free up time to go in your place.

Pretty funny stuff Monster45. :popcorn:

However, after a quick look at your web site it appears you take yourself way to seriously. Where's all the negative energy coming from Dr. Frank?

A more positive approach might help you develop a following for your idea of what the cruiser community should be. But then your ideas are not positive or open are they? Right now, it doesn't look like you're convincing too many people to join your ideal niche club.

I also find it amusing that the Lexus you criticize is more of a Land Cruiser than your highly modified truck or the mods you seem to like so much, ie; Chevy v8s, Dana axles, etc. At least the Lexus is 100% Toyota Motor Corporation. It's ironic that the TLCA doesn't discriminate against your non-Toyota, non-Land Cruiser mods.

Nonetheless, the real reason for my response is to voice my support for the TLCA volunteers, especially Todd and his work on the TT. The Lexus and ARB Expedition story rocked. Its shows the power of an inclusive open minded attitude. Good work.

So in summary and put quite simply for the TLCA to understand, LOSE THE
LEXUS OR LOSE MY MEMBERSHIP!!!!! Didn't quite get that??? Let's TRY it
again... LOSE THE LEXUS OR LOSE MY MEMBERSHIP!!!!!!

Dr. Frank, please stand behind your words.
I think your right, you should just leave the TLCA.
So long dude.

You know something that really gets me, is that I have lots of Jeep/Bronco/everything else friends that stop by my shop, just to look at the current TT, and they lament over the fact that they do not have their own magazine..........and are equally as shocked to find out that it is a club publication, and that they cna't subscribe or get one off the newstand.
Butch

monster 45 said:
LOSE THE LEXUS OR LOSE MY MEMBERSHIP!!!!!!
QUOTE]

I find your threat here pretty funny-in an "I'm too stupid to realize the irony" kinda way. Why the fawk would we care about your membership after you proceed to trash TLCA, its members and the people the organization elected to run it. Some thing along the lines of a poll asking if people liked/minded the Lexus on the cover, may have been a better first strike if you really want to judge support for your "anti-Lexus movement." B/C as of right now, you dont have too many supporters, and I have a sneaking suspicion you arent going to get a whole lot more either.

BTW, I would like to raise a motion to change the name to Lexus Trails. We might attract more of the mall cruiser crowd(and their $$$), b/c, clearly thats all that Christo proved Lexus's are ever capable of. ;)

so you like land cruiser and hate lexus.

so if you took a beautiful girl home one night, would you kick her twin sister out of the bed the second night? we drive the best made trucks in the world, and i cannot criticize one that is exactly the same, but better.

big worm said:
so you like land cruiser and hate lexus.

so if you took a beautiful girl home one night, would you kick her twin sister out of the bed the second night? we drive the best made trucks in the world, and i cannot criticize one that is exactly the same, but better.

I WANT BOTH THE SISTERS AT THE SAME TIME :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom