LOOKING for help locating basic parts in America for 89 LJ73 2.4TR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone.
I am a new owner of an LJ73 1989 2.4 ltr
I am looking to replace the oil filter and gas filter.
My truck was imported from Italy into the states. I have little to no info on where I can get parts. Yet alone oil filters, belts and other items.

Can anyone in this group point me to a vendor?
I can be reached whatsapp 1 757 652 7892
Or mobile text 757 652 7892
Virginia Beach Va. 23454

@cruiseroutfit can help you, and I'd bet he has it all in stock. He helped me with a few OE bits for my BJ74 when I had it

Hello everyone.
I am a new owner of an LJ73 1989 2.4 ltr
I am looking to replace the oil filter and gas filter.
My truck was imported from Italy into the states. I have little to no info on where I can get parts. Yet alone oil filters, belts and other items.

Can anyone in this group point me to a vendor?
I can be reached whatsapp 1 757 652 7892
Or mobile text 757 652 7892
Virginia Beach Va. 23454

Probably want to be a bit more discreet posting personal numbers, etc. We have a pm conversation that keeps us safe. ;)

Can you read the numbers that are on the filters that are on the truck? That would be
a starting point

We likely have some of these stuff assuming it's a standard 2LT drivetrain. I know we stock the fuel filter (EGF64010) and oil filter which is either the big 41010 or YZZD3 variant. Give us a call with your Frame #

This was my first question when I joined the forum too. Check out toyodiy.com to run your VIN so you can cross reference and have piece of mind. Great resource. Congrats on your new vehicle.

If you have the vertical style oil cooler, the Bosch 3500 oil filter will fit and AutoZone has them on the shelf. If you have the horizontal style oil filter attachment, Wix has a oil filter that fits and O'Reilleys has them. (I can post the part number later). The stem mount is wider on the horizontal type for whatever reason.

Air filter you will have to go with OEM Toyota and they aren't cheap. K&N also makes a cross if you like that style. (Assuming you have an L motor and not a VM diesel from Italy)

Last edited:
It has been mentioned here before but megazip.com is also pretty handy since they have diagrams. I have never ordered from that site though...so I am not sure how that part works. I just use it for diagram and parts reference.

Megazip sort of left my first order with them drift for 3 weeks. After I contacted them inquiring, things moved very fast.

At last we are getting traction....
Purchased form oil and gas filters out of France this morning out of desperation.
I got a hold of Cruiseroutfi
They are now trying to help me obtain a complete new suspension. My truck is ubber cool to drive but a bit to soft. I bet the suspension is original to the car. So its time to a update.

At last we are getting traction....
Purchased form oil and gas filters out of France this morning out of desperation.
I got a hold of Cruiseroutfi
They are now trying to help me obtain a complete new suspension. My truck is ubber cool to drive but a bit to soft. I bet the suspension is original to the car. So its time to a update.

Working on the suspension options now :D

If you ever need used parts I have parted out many 70 series and have a bunch of parts available in Texas.

NO AC PARTS ,got to mention this over and over ;)

Joe

I am ordering a new coils and springs does any one know where I can get a good price on 5 black 15" rims that would fit my LJ73
I think they use 6.5 / 5" center?

I have read that some folks score a speedo from Canada that has km's and mph.
Swap gauge faces.

I have read that some folks score a speedo from Canada that has km's and mph.
Swap gauge faces.
it is possible, but be very carefull to look for same model/type, since some have Tbelt warning cut , some not.
my understanding is , in order to register an european car in uk, one must change the speedo with miles and the headlights from lhd to rhd.

I am ordering a new coils and springs does any one know where I can get a good price on 5 black 15" rims that would fit my LJ73
I think they use 6.5 / 5" center?

Why? What's wrong with your rims and why do you want to make that significant investment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom